Time To Say Goodbye

GB was a serious forum for a long time, but in this final week, it got a real mess!

Here become a wild place for a Rio supporter. No serious discussions anymore.

Now everything hurts Rio chances, nothing is good... Rio is now the hell on earth... I'm very tired of reading these bullshits.

You guys should get a bomb, throw over Rio and Brazil and get all Brazilians problems over.

I give up, at least for a while. You won, Chicago won, sarcasm won!

I still believe Rio can host magnificent Olympic Games, but GB is anymore a good place to say this...

I hope to see you guys soon, in a better time for serious discussions, maybe just after the announcement...

But that's all for now.

After almost 1,000 posts here I've seen that world needs much to be a better place....

See ya. Go Rio, até logo

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would hapilly trade places with you.

Left the forum and Rio doesn't win.

But I think rio will win...

So I'll have to plan my trip to rio in 2016 (2014 too)

They're gonna to use my money so I need to make it worth... "O povão" vai ser roubado e não vai nem poder aproveitar nada, a não ser via TV hehehe. Esse é meu consolo.

As you can see, I'll be around, reading...

But, really, I got tired of discussing with people that doesn't know nothing about Rio and Brazil and loves to say a lot of bullshit...

I have nothing to do here 'til the presentation. I'm really getting nervous.

Baron, I hope you have a nice trip to Denmark. May Pereira the Piranha bring luck for your Chicago beloved bid.

danny,

the discussions on the boards are going always nuts so close for "decision day"...

No matter if Rio wins or Rio doesn't win it is always fun to meet here people from around the world - if Rio wins you will stay since you want to talk with people around the worlds about the preparations - if Rio doesn't win you will stay since it is fun to talk with people around the world about the preparations of the FIFA World Cup 2014...

Citius, I'm really getting mad with some people here...

Better take a rest and then back to the discussions...

I promise I'll be here during the live coverage of announcement...

But posts only after the announcement.

Indeed, I´ve prepared banners for all combinations of results...

I was excited about the discussions, but things got out-of-control here.

And need to rest a little.

I mean...can you imagine if the College of Cardinals had a website like this when it was time to elect a new Pope?

THen Juliana Paes might really be crucial in getting a new Pope elected!!!

LOL

Citius, I'm really getting mad with some people here...

danny,

I understand you, but just keep cool...

Just don't read the threads anymore - all dis- and all advantages of the different cities are exchanged - our threads don't have an impact on the decision of the IOC - just wait and see and please bear in mind that the world won't perish in the case the city, which you support, isn't selected by the IOC...

Dannyel,

I think you are having TBD (Tension Before the Decision). It is normal, just relax and come back tomorrow. After 7 years here I have already passed through this a couple of times and now I just move on.

danny,

Just don't read the threads anymore - all dis- and all advantages of the different cities are exchanged - our threads don't have an impact on the decision of the IOC - just wait and see and please bear in mind that the world won't perish in the case the city, which you support, isn't selected by the IOC...

Thanks for the comments.

I'll be around =]]]

Dannyel,

I think you are having TBD (Tension Before the Decision). It is normal, just relax and come back tomorrow. After 7 years here I have already passed through this a couple of times and now I just move on.

Hi Rominger,

haven't seen you for a quite of while - how is it going?

will you be here on friday?

danny,

I back on this. The world is not going to end if Rio won´t be selected.

Hi Rominger,

haven't seen you for a quite of while - how is it going?

will you be here on friday?

Fine. Lots of work unfortunately doesn´t save much time to be here. Also looking for a place in the Vancouver volunteers, but doesn´t look good so far.

I will try to be here, but I have a @#%@#%@#% meeting Friday morning that will probably last until the time of the announcement. Probably will be here to comment on the resutsl

Danny - don't take it to heart. As many have said, vote week tends to bring out the crazies and also sharpens up everyone's senstivities.

Best advice I can give is to just try and enjoy the week (I know it's hard when you're emotionally supporting one of the bids). If you feel Rio's getting too much heat here, just take it as a sign of just how serious a contender it is to win. Remember - most of the Tokyo and Madrid supporters aren't complaining that their bids and cities are being attacked, but they're complaining they're being ignored and no-one's taking them seriously.

But win or lose, make the most of Rio's time now in the Olympic spotlight. And if, (as many of us hope), Rio wins, we'll need Brazilians like yourself here over the next seven years to keep us up-to-date with what's happening there.

GB was a serious forum for a long time, but in this final week, it got a real mess!

Here become a wild place for a Rio supporter. No serious discussions anymore.

Now everything hurts Rio chances, nothing is good... Rio is now the hell on earth... I'm very tired of reading these bullshits.

You guys should get a bomb, throw over Rio and Brazil and get all Brazilians problems over.

I give up, at least for a while. You won, Chicago won, sarcasm won!

I still believe Rio can host magnificent Olympic Games, but GB is anymore a good place to say this...

I hope to see you guys soon, in a better time for serious discussions, maybe just after the announcement...

But that's all for now.

After almost 1,000 posts here I've seen that world needs much to be a better place....

See ya. Go Rio, até logo

It will calm down next week after the nut jobs leave!

Archived