Any Live Webcast For 2016 Olympic Decision

Hi, anyone know any website provide the link for 2016 Olympic Decision live webcast?

Seems www.olympics.com will not have the link. :(

Me too,I really want,

But, Maybe nothing...

Also another doubt. I might have understood differently, but 4 years agoI read at the 2012 election thread that there was some live voting until the final 2 cities, am I right?

If yes, where did they show the voting rounds, at the webcast?

Also another doubt. I might have understood differently, but 4 years agoI read at the 2012 election thread that there was some live voting until the final 2 cities, am I right?

If yes, where did they show the voting rounds, at the webcast?

Hi Rominger! I had attended IOC decision for 2012 Host City in Singapore 4 years ago. Yes! There was a live voting process for all 5 cities (Paris, New York, Moscow, London and Madrid). 2 years ago, I had watched live thru webcast on 2014 Winter Olympic Election, even for the voting process!

Hi Rominger! I had attended IOC decision for 2012 Host City in Singapore 4 years ago. Yes! There was a live voting process for all 5 cities (Paris, New York, Moscow, London and Madrid). 2 years ago, I had watched live thru webcast on 2014 Winter Olympic Election, even for the voting process!

Thanks for the answer

How long does it take until each round of voting is over? How long does it take after the final round of voting and the announcement?

I remember when Rogge came out in 2003 and announced that Salzburg had dropped after the first ballot. It really stuffed up the broadcast feed, which was showing Vancouver, Salzburg, Whistler, Pyeonchang and the IOC meeting (Guatemala?) in split screen. Poor Austrians.

I think it's better to complete the voting, then announce the final result only. Then release the votes. Only IOC members and those administering the voting know what transpired until the announcement.

Thanks for the answer

How long does it take until each round of voting is over? How long does it take after the final round of voting and the announcement?

Thanks for the answer

The voting session will start at 17h10 and his schedule to last 30 minutes.

It's pretty quick. A round is between 5 to 10 minutes (voting & announcement of the result)

I remember when Rogge came out in 2003 and announced that Salzburg had dropped after the first ballot. It really stuffed up the broadcast feed, which was showing Vancouver, Salzburg, Whistler, Pyeonchang and the IOC meeting (Guatemala?) in split screen. Poor Austrians.

I think it's better to complete the voting, then announce the final result only. Then release the votes. Only IOC members and those administering the voting know what transpired until the announcement.

It is imposibble to make the announcement only after final result is out, cause the voting has mixed with feelings and various strategies planning.

Taking an example on 2008 Election, after first ballot, Osaka was eliminated. There was an IOC member asked before the 2nd ballot start, "how many vote to choose the winner in 2nd round?". Samaranch said 56 votes. In the 2nd ballot, Beijing had get enough votes to win the bid. According to voting analysis in my country (Malaysia), if the ballot goes to 4th round, Beijing might not won, maybe Paris will get.

We also often heard that one city will offer to another one, "if XXX cannot make to next round, we will give our vote to YYY city". Same case to Beijing 2000 bid with Sydney, when Beijing had lead till 3rd round, and only lost to Sydney in final round with just 2 votes, right after Berlin was out with just gaining 13 votes.

People also said that if Madrid get into final round in 2012 decision with London (Paris was third in 2nd round, and Madrid get 1st, strange case), Madrid might win the bid.

To conclude, the longer the voting process been taken, the less chance for the hot favour city will win the bid.

Archived