World Cup Eclipses Olympics

Athensfan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
who is vc? Victoria Clark? I didn't follow the 2007 PanAms. I am more EXCITED about Copa Mondial 2014. I don't care about 2016. We should just give it to the Yanquis!! They organize so much better; we will have anough visitors to Rio for the next 20 years!!

uh, I see it: you are a crazy guy, thats it.

Everyone talking about the 2014 FIFA World Cup in relation to the Rio's bid for the 2016 Summer Olympics, and everyone forget that the United States, Japan and Spain are bidding to host the 2018 FIFA World Cup...

Sure, Rio get the worst bid. Everyday I enter here and they remember me this. ;)

We must to bid just for southern american games

coz every olympic games in americas must to go to Usa and sometimes to Canada (the usa's backyard). :rolleyes:

The question is not whether Rio CAN host the World Cup and the Olympics only two years apart. I believe this is possible.

The question is WILL THE OLYMPICS AROUSE THE ENERGY AND ENTHUSIASM THEY DESERVE, OR WILL THEY BE STUCK IN THE SHADOW OF THE PRECEDING WORLD CUP?

I would love to see the Olympics go to Rio de Janeiro, but I do not believe that 2016 is the right year. I strongly support the idea that the Olympics must visit new frontiers and new countries. It is not fair to say that every time the Olympics are in the Americas that the U.S. or Canada must host. I do not believe this at all and it is unfair to suggest otherwise.

Regarding the 2018 World Cup -- I hope the U.S. doesn't get it. Truthfully, we don't have enough genuine appreciation for the event.

The question is not whether Rio CAN host the World Cup and the Olympics only two years apart. I believe this is possible.

The question is WILL THE OLYMPICS AROUSE THE ENERGY AND ENTHUSIASM THEY DESERVE, OR WILL THEY BE STUCK IN THE SHADOW OF THE PRECEDING WORLD CUP?

DannyelBrazil during a sleep said spiritually:

Rio have carnival every year a huge new years eve party and people get enthusiatic everytime.

Why not be enthusiastic with 2 years to rest?

DannyelBrazil is still sleeping and doesn't notice he send a message while sleeping...

Archived