Will "i Bowl Like Special Olympics" Obama Hurt The Bid?

You have repeated this post on at least 2 other topics! We get the message.

I dont think that will have an effect of the vote. It is more of a positive that Obama is attending and will be good for the Chicago bid!

Seriously, all he wants is to be popular... I wish he would keep his hands out of our bid...

If you're from the U.S., you're probably a Republican and not worth anyone's time. Since you're reviving attacks from the 2008 campaign, though - your video is over a year old and was completely ineffective as an attack a year ago and was abandoned within a few days - he's not involved in *your* bid. He's involved in Chicago's.

You guys are getting annoying - Do you realize that almost everything that you're saying was said by Republicans over a year ago and completely discredited then? And, by the way, lead to a pretty wide defeat over a year ago? And to their continuing marginalization over the past 10 months or so?

This enemy of my enemy is my friend strategy is rather absurd. The Republicans aren't your friends nor are they ours (since you're beyond the borders of the Old Confederacy - you're part of the enemy/the other and couldn't be "Real Americans" anyways). Why ever would you put your fate in the hands of people like them? They aren't the only option. If you've made it this far, you should be above that!

CHItown '16

Seriously, all he wants is to be popular... I wish he would keep his hands out of our bid...

The thing is if he didnt attend and CHicago lost then you would the first to moan about the lack of support from the President and you would blame his lack of attendence as the reason why CHichago lost. It is a positive for the bid that he is going and the history of leaders attending is there look at Blair in 2005 at the London 2012 bid!

You need to just stop moaning and stop spamming the same comment.

The thing is if he didnt attend and CHicago lost then you would the first to moan about the lack of support from the President and you would blame his lack of attendence as the reason why CHichago lost. It is a positive for the bid that he is going and the history of leaders attending is there look at Blair in 2005 at the London 2012 bid!

You need to just stop moaning and stop spamming the same comment.

This is a Republican attack from over a year ago - Reviving Republican attacks from 2008 is something that supporters of one competing bid seem to have decided they need to do in the last week. They didn't make any difference in 2008 - why would they make any difference a year later?

CHItown '16

The point of the discussion is: "Will Obama's comments hurt Chicago's Bid", not our political preferences (FWIW I am an Independent, I think for myself and don't follow either party like a drone)... The Olympics are supposed to be above that! So push your politics elsewhere.

So: Will Obama's past comments hurt Chicago's image in the Bid?

Well keep your point of discussion on this topic to this topic and stop posting it everywhere else.

Obama attending will only benefit the bid and most analysts are saying that as well. I dont think those previously made comments from over a year ago will hurt the bid. He apologised for that. People have moved on.

Vote Jerusalem the winner!!!!!!

oakyjerusalem2020logo.png

Hey,

Please vote for Jerusalem 2020 as the winner of the inappropriate Olympic competition.

I really need your votes!

This is different to the pledge you made earlier - you now have to go to the section linked below and vote for Jerusalem!

Here is the link:

vote Jerusalem2020 as the winner!

Come on - we can win this!

Shalom! :)

And remember, you will all receive our free official merchandise!

2020merchandise.png

And maybe I am Japanese? O wait, I type in somewhat understandable English... I have been called everything from a Republican to a Brazilian for reminding you of a really stupid thing Obama said... All this thread has done is remind the IOC what jerks Americans are when it comes to politics... Not a bit on topic about whether his comment will hurt our chances in 2016....

Any comments on topic?

Ok.

I admit I am not an American....

You know how many times a Yank comes up to when he is overseas and wants to argue on US politics? All the time. And I don't care...

The point on my post was simple: Does Obama's comments about the Special Olympics hurt Chicago's chances....

Only one person has been kind enough to answer that without getting political....

I am French and negative by nature... Sorry we just are that way...

Anyway... I know enough to call it a $40 million effort is a joke....

The games take $100's of millions to bid and $1-2 billion to pull off....

But I am just a spectator, waiting for Rio to knock Chicago's lights out!

Just goes to show what you know. The bid phase cost anywhere from $30 - $50 million; take your pick.

Of course the Games themselves COST several billons. Duh!!

Jason, I've worked on 2 Games, there is someone here who works for the IOC, and a few others who are involved with LEGIT Olympic organizing efforts...so you are NOT playing with ignoramuses here. And with your attitude, you will wear out your welcome here pretty fast.

Archived