Has It Begun?

OK 16 years ago last week Sydney won the right to host the Games.

The announcement on 23rd Sept was in fact 24th Sept at 4:23am.

Sydney managed to get over 150,000 people on a Wed night / thursday morning into the City - business already knew that it would not be a productive day.

GET OVER IT - its all about celebrating the end of the bid and getting into the spirt of the Games.

Feheva, but whats the problem with that ? hahaha, if I was born in Rio, or had any connections with Rio´s culture: carnival, samba, beachs, I would be really excited if Rio won on friday, and would like to be in Copacaba celebrating instead working, hahaha

You are entitled to find it funny and not to see any problem with that... I think I've said before why this is a problem for me...

People can celebrate for the whole weekend after work.

Perhaps most of brazilians, would like to be in Copacaba celebrating instead working, just like you... This is also the problem...

You are entitled to find it funny and not to see any problem with that... I think I've said before why this is a problem for me...

People can celebrate for the whole weekend after work.

Perhaps most of brazilians, would like to be in Copacaba celebrating instead working, just like you... This is also the problem...

uahauahuahauh, Im not sure that it´s a problem, life is not only abou working, and working, and working... :rolleyes:

OK 16 years ago last week Sydney won the right to host the Games.

The announcement on 23rd Sept was in fact 24th Sept at 4:23am.

Sydney managed to get over 150,000 people on a Wed night / thursday morning into the City - business already knew that it would not be a productive day.

GET OVER IT - its all about celebrating the end of the bid and getting into the spirt of the Games.

I'm not talking about businesses. Public servants... Public money... Should be availble for the citizens for public (sometimes urgent) services, including for the ones who doesn't support the Games...

You got over it, good for you! I won't...

Feheva, I dont know it you are brazilian born, or russian: Feheva...sounds like a soviet´s gymnast name, look: Anastasia Feheva, Loudmilla Feheva, Olga Feheva. :lol:

But if you are brazilian, it´s a big problem what you think about Brazilian people: lazy. Plese, let´s realise that it´s a really important date for Rio de Janeiro. We all know that when Brazil is playing in World Cup, it´s the same as a holyday. Its only one day, and it does not mean that Brazilians are lazy, dont like working...

uahauahuahauh, Im not sure that it´s a problem, life is not only abou working, and working, and working... :rolleyes:

Of course not! I agree! There's time for work and there's time for relaxing and celebration. If you decide to relax or celebrate on a working day, fine! Just ask your boss for a day-off and it will be deducted from your yearly allowance. No problem!!

I think you don't get the point that it is going to be a official holiday only for the public servants and we will pay for it... It won't be deducted from their yearly allowance.

I really don't know what's all this laughing about...

Feheva, I dont know it you are brazilian born, or russian: Feheva...sounds like a soviet´s gymnast name, look: Anastasia Feheva, Loudmilla Feheva, Olga Feheva. :lol:

But if you are brazilian, it´s a big problem what you think about Brazilian people: lazy. Plese, let´s realise that it´s a really important date for Rio de Janeiro. We all know that when Brazil is playing in World Cup, it´s the same as a holyday. Its only one day, and it does not mean that Brazilians are lazy, dont like working...

Yes, I'm Brazilian...

I never said Brazilians are lazy...

One more time, the employees from the private sector can do whatever they want as I said before. It is a private issue...

Public servants is a public issue. During the world cup, perhaps only 1% of the citizens are against it. In this case, we are talking about 20% of the citizens of Rio...

1 in 5 citizens in the city won't have any reasons to celebrate e perhaps they will want to use the public services as they are entitled to do on a working day.

Yes, I'm Brazilian...

I never said Brazilians are lazy...

One more time, the employees from the private sector can do whatever they want as I said before. It is a private issue...

Public servants is a public issue. During the world cup, perhaps only 1% of the citizens are against it. In this case, we are talking about 20% of the citizens of Rio...

1 in 5 citizens in the city won't have any reasons to celebrate e perhaps they will want to use the public services as they are entitled to do on a working day.

I´m not from Rio. Got there only to beachs: Ipanema, Copacabana, Itcaoatiara in Niteroi. Maybe you got your point here. I´m just trying to make the situation more relaxed...we both know what people say about Brazil: here everything ends up in a party. Rio 2016 should never being take seriously, but if we are going to spend a loooooooooot of money in your city, while Brazil has so many problems, I cant understan why you are concerned about this simple holyday on friday.

Well, if they manage to gather 100.000 people at 7:30 AM, that could actually help.

I guess that's more plausible than getting that many together for Chicago's presentation at 1:45am local time:

http://www.gamesbids.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15294

Chicago 2016's public event isn't starting until 9am local time (after the Madrid presentation). They haven't asked us gather together carrying candles on Daley Plaza.

Yet.

CHItown '16

Archived