Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Faster

F1 2005

I know a few Greeks on this board will get a kick out off this:

ATHENS, Oct 5 (AFP) - Greece is carrying out a feasibility study into the construction of a Formula One track, Tourism Minister Dimitris Avramopoulos said Wednesday.

``The ministry is in the process of drawing up a draft law that lays out the legal and institutional conditions to advance in the coming months'' the construction of a track, Avramopoulos said after a meeting with Prime Minister Costas Caramanlis.

Avramopoulos, who did not give any details on the proposed location of the circuit, said ``interest in this project was big... and the organisation behind Formula One was also interested.''

AFP

Greece wants to have a F1 race? Well, that is not surprising. If I heard correctly recently, F1 is one sporting event that Greeks love to watch.

A superb race on Sunday which Fisichella should never have lost.

like you have said before - should have or would have doesn't matter - only the results - and the result is that kimi was the better driver with the better team stragedy on the day

I'm not disputing the quality of his performance. All I am saying is that, given where they were on the grid, and the lead Fisichella had late on, Fisichella could and should have won that race. He lost it rather than Raikkonen winning it.

It is over now, with the constructors' title. Alonso won the Chinese Grand Prix. Therefore, Renault has won it.

In this race Alonso had a new engine like the McLaren engines... you all have seen that Alonso is now the best F1 driver, Schumacher has admitted that Alonso is his successor :)  :;):

Kimi is the best - Alonso was the most consistant

charges i would like to see for next year:

scrap the limited amount of money bullsh!t - if Ferrai, BMW and others weren't spending all this money on F1, a lot of what is put into cars today wouldn't be there - especially the types of fuels we use

rechange the points system to the old one

1 - 10

2 - 6

3 - 4

4 - 3

5 - 2

6 - 1

to better reward wins and placing, and not consistancy (this wouldn't have changed this years results, but would have made it closer 115 to 99)

insert a 18 race calendar by scrapping the German GP - making the EGP into the German and having Australia, Malaysia, Spain, Monaco, German/European, Canada, USA, Bratian, Italy, Brazi, Japan and China as  annual races, than having ones from San Marino, France, etc. on a rotational bases to allow differences in each years calendar and give other tracks a chance to host a GP

scrap the tire rule - its unsafe and ridiculos

Kimi is the best - Alonso was the most consistant

What does the envy... :rolleyes:  :glare:

I want to say:

CONGRATS ALONSO!

I want to say the same :;):  :)

It is undoubtedly true that Alonson had the best overall package this year. Had Raikkonen not been beset by so many reliability problems, the championship would have gone right to the wire.

Unless the likes of Button and Webber can get their packages together, this is the rivalry we will be talking about for the next few years.

arwebb - its been a pleasure to actually talk to someone else that likes f1, can't wait to next season

I'm glad I didn't start a thread such as this last year - I'd lost the will to watch fairly early on. This year we've had a proper contest, even if it didn't go as far as perhaps it might, and a champion who promises much for the future. Here's hoping for an even better 2006.

There are too many cities who want to host the F1. Should the organizers cater to all of them or should just they limit the number of races in the future? What do you think is the most suitable number of races per year?

Let's say they limit to only 10 circuits. Which ones are in your top 10?

In no particular order:

Silverstone

Spa-Francorchamps

Monza

Istanbul

Suzuka

Interlagos

Melbourne

Indianapolis

Monaco

Sepang