Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Faster

F1 2005

I excited..

my homecountry Turkey will organise for the first time a formula 1 grand prix..

and these organisations will certainly underbuild the futere bid of Istanbul's Olympic dream..

the link below is the official link to the formula1 in Istanbul Turkey.. www.formula1-istanbul.com

My Webpage

speedplan.gif

yeni-tribunler-en.gif  

I definitlly think that Istanbul will deliver a superb organisation..

the formula 1 pist is located at the asian side of Istanbul..

just behind Istanbul's 2nd international Sebiha Gökçen Airport at Kurtköy (-->> this last word means "Wolfvillage" )

Having said that, the race may not yet take place.

US GP facing boycott over tyres

Oh, sure. Another headache for FIA here. Makes me wonder why Watkins Glen isn't used to host F1 Grand Prix events again.

All I know about Watkins Glen is that it was lasted used for a GP in the late 70s or early 80s because the cars were outgrowing the place. I've no idea what it has become.

I'd forgotten we've got Turkey coming up in August. I just hope the track is going to be an exciting one and not another of these bland, boring circuits.

All I know about Watkins Glen is that it was lasted used for a GP in the late 70s or early 80s because the cars were outgrowing the place. I've no idea what it has become.

It is now being used as one of two "road courses" for NASCAR.

An absolute shambles that does horrendous damage to the image of the sport. Farcical.

i have now lost complete faith in the FIA and F1 when it comes to drivers safety

and if those three teams had any sense or compassion for their fellow teams and drivers they would have pulled out to protest the FIA's lack of concern when it comes to safety

Unfortunately for him, though, it's a very hollow third place, isn't it?

It's the best that he can achieve with Jordan, he has already set a new record, this is the 9th (I think) race in the F1 championship and it's his 9th race that he finishes, wich means that he finished all the races in this year's championship and by doing that he broked the rookie's record set by Jackie Stewart

:angry: What a farce US F1 Indy race was!!!.

Aparently Michellan will be fined the entire expense of that leg of the race.

I would HATE to be the technicians that created the type of tyre for this to happen!!!

the tires would improperly made, that is why they sucked, nothing to do with the type of tires.

How can the FIA put it off on the teams that they should have had better tires, when you are only allowed one set and the set sent to you by the company is faulty, its not the teams fault and they shouldn't have been penalized for it

Way to go, FIA.  :angry:

What are the chances that the USA will have a F1 Grand Prix race within its borders now?

Formula Farce Nears End Of Road

Way to go, FIA.  :angry:

What are the chances that the USA will have a F1 Grand Prix race within its borders now?

Formula Farce Nears End Of Road

:angry: SWEET F.A.!!!  :angry:

Stupid idiots, they (FIA) were already on tenderhooks with the USA before this happened.  Back to the Indy Cars for America...

It seems as though the arrogance of the FIA continues. They are as culpable in this fiasco as Michelin. What exactly did they expect the teams to do when they had been told their tyres were good for TEN LAPS? Did they expect them to run the risk of serious injury or worse?

Max Mosley and Bernie Ecclestone are a disgrace!

one of the British commentatories said the teams that boycotted should be punished

my responce to that:

what if anyother Gille Villeneuve happened, what if Micheal or Montoya or Kimi or Alanso either crasshed because of the tires or crashed because of someone with faulty tires hitting them

the commentator would condem the FIA for making them race

the teams did the only sensible thing, do bad Minardi, Jordan adn Ferrai didn't join the boycott

Geez - the Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal drew over 300,000 I think over the entire weekend.  Plus is was absolute party city here.  Apparently, the word amongst the F1 faithful is that Montreal's F1 is the best in terms of "partying" for the fans.  They came from all over this year, as usual!

Geez - the Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal drew over 300,000 I think over the entire weekend.  Plus is was absolute party city here.  Apparently, the word amongst the F1 faithful is that Montreal's F1 is the best in terms of "partying" for the fans.  They came from all over this year, as usual!

And to think that, at one time, the FIA wanted to SCRAP the Canadian Grand Prix.

Well, back to NASCAR popularity over there.  :unclesam:

And to think that, at one time, the FIA wanted to SCRAP the Canadian Grand Prix.

Well, back to NASCAR popularity over there.  :unclesam:

Yeah really. They weren't scrapping because of attendance or poor organization though.  That all had to do with the loss of sponsorship money from the changes to advertising laws that forbid tobacco companies from sponsoring major sport events now in Canada.  In the end, they used this to get sponsorship money from the Canadian government to make up from it.  That's all that the F1 people wanted to accomplish anyway -- blackmail the city and the country to get them to spend tax dollars.  It worked, I guess.

I just checked and the race day attendance was 117,000 which was a new record for the Canadian Grand Prix.  The three-day total attendance for the event was 334,000, also a new record for the event.

With the nonsense in the US, I suspect they're very glad they didn't follow through with their threat to cancel the Montreal Grand Prix.

This is getting more ridiculous by the minute:

The seven teams that pulled out of the US Grand Prix because of tyre safety concerns have been charged with bringing the sport into disrepute.

Renault, McLaren, Williams, Toyota, Red Bull, Sauber and BAR - have been called to a hearing in Paris on 29 June.

Motorsport's governing body the FIA has charged them on several counts in an identical letter sent to all teams, that it made public on Tuesday.

These range from not having the right equipment to damaging F1's image.

The seven teams were sent identical letters by the FIA's sporting secretary general Pierre de Coninck.

He told the team owners they had "failed to ensure you had a supply of suitable tyres", "wrongly refused to allow your cars to start the race" and "wrongly refused to allow your cars to race subject to a speed restriction in one corner which was safe for such tyres as you had available".

Link

Well done FIA. Really sensible idea. NOT!

Of course it would have been much better had the teams raced and a car ended up in a concrete wall at over 200mph wouldn't it? ???

A question: does anyone have any power over the FIA, or are they completely immune from criticism in this case?