F1 2005

The first race of the new season gets under way in Melbourne in less than three hours.

I'm hoping for more entertaining racing and Jenson Button to become Britain's first F1 World Champion since Damon Hill in 1996.

Judging by the way qualifying's gone, with Michael Schumacher starting 18th, we may be in for an interesting year.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The first race of the new season gets under way in Melbourne in less than three hours.

I'm hoping for more entertaining racing and Jenson Button to become Britain's first F1 World Champion since Damon Hill in 1996.

Judging by the way qualifying's gone, with Michael Schumacher starting 18th, we may be in for an interesting year.

Didn't Schumacher crash in the first race?

Nationality by Drivers

2 Austrian

1 Canadian

1 Scot

1 Australian

1 Spanard

2 Italian

3 Germans

2 Brazilian

1 Finn

1 Columbian

1 Englishmen

1 Japanese

1 Portugese

1 Indian

1 Dutch

i hope they don't introduce an Indian Grand Prix

Race Sced

Australian Grand Prix March 6th

Malaysian Grand Prix March 20th

Bahrain Grand Prix April 3rd (should be nixed)

San Marino Grand Prix April 24th

Spainish Grand Prix May 8th (should be nixed)

Monaco Grand Prix May 22th

European Grand Prix May 29th (should be nixed)

Canadian Grand Prix June 12th

American Grand Prix June 19th

French Grand Prix July 3rd

British Grand Prix July 10th

German Grand Prix July 24th

Hungarian Grand Prix July 31st

Turkish Grand Prix August 21st 9should be nixed)

Italian Grand Prix September 4th

Belgian Grand Prix September 11th

Brazilian Grand Prix September 25th

Japanese Grand Prix October 9th

Chinese Grand Prix October 16th (should be nixed)

A race in Austria, Russia and South Africa should be added

I'm a bit confused here. Is Silverstone still in the calendar? I thought it got dropped. There was a topic here about the fate of that course (therefore, the British Grand Prix) earlier.

A five year contract for the British Grand Prix was agreed earlier in the year. This year's race is on July 10th.

That's good indeed. Just hope one particular person doesn't show up there again and say, "The world is ending", and stepping on the racetrack itself in front of all those F1 cars.

Where will he strike next after Silverstone and Athens?

Don't want to know.

By the way, how is the scoring system work for the F1 series? I do get some of it, but not all.

1st - 10 points

2nd - 8

3rd - 6

4th - 5

5th - 4

6th - 3

7th - 2

8th - 1

That's the individual points. I believe this is the updated version, since I remembered that only up to the sixth-placed driver got points earlier. How about the scoring system for the constructor's (don't know the right term for it) championship, like the Ferrari team and the like?

Same system applies.

Okay. Thanks for the info, arwebb. That makes things easier for us to calculate how many points the individual driver and his team get after each Grand Prix.

Fernando Alonso maintained Renault's excellent start to the season, winning the Malaysian Grand Prix to take the lead in the World Championship.

Michael Schumacher was only 7th, while Jenson Button only lasted three laps. BAR have problems.

Fernando Alonso maintained Renault's excellent start to the season, winning the Malaysian Grand Prix to take the lead in the World Championship.

Michael Schumacher was only 7th, while Jenson Button only lasted three laps. BAR have problems.

I don't know, but I think this year's F1 season could "finally" have a new individual and team champions, if this scenario continues. Of course, we all haven't seen the last of Schumacher and Ferrari yet.

It looks as though Ferrari may well race their 2005 car in Bahrain, assuming testing goes to plan this week. I think they recognise that they need their new car racing as soon as possible.

I can see McLaren making a decent push for the title, even though they haven't scored many points thus far. Raikkonen was only denied a probable podium in Malaysia by a puncture.

Williams are showing promise, but I feel this year is too early for them, while BAR really are struggling and Button made it clear on Sunday that he wasn't happy with the package.

After 1998 - when finishing 5th -  Villeneuve couldn´t make any good season.

This year he only got  13th place in Australia and  had to give up after 26 laps in Malaysia. Too poor for  a driver who has a title (1997) and a second place (1996). It seems that his car doesn´t help...

Archived