Pele About Rio X Chicago

PENIS

Well, that was fun. <_<

Back on topic, I think arguably the best player of all time is allowed to make egotistical comments from time to time; I kinda think he's earnt that right. He's a great asset to Rio's bid and is one of the most respected men in sport. If they can get him to say a few passionate words about what makes Brazil worthy of an Olympics, it'll be a great thing for their bid. That may, of course, be cancelled out by other bids getting their celebrities up speaking, but as sports stars go, Pele is right up there.

Friday is going to be quite some day with all the celebs on show!

PENIS

Well, that was fun. <_<

Back on topic, I think arguably the best player of all time is allowed to make egotistical comments from time to time; I kinda think he's earnt that right. He's a great asset to Rio's bid and is one of the most respected men in sport. If they can get him to say a few passionate words about what makes Brazil worthy of an Olympics, it'll be a great thing for their bid. That may, of course, be cancelled out by other bids getting their celebrities up speaking, but as sports stars go, Pele is right up there.

Friday is going to be quite some day with all the celebs on show!

^^^^^^^^

Someone's got their knickers in a twist!

Is it just me or is Pele saying that Rio is winning over confident? Maybe he was just joking, but that is not something you say. You say something like "we believe we have put a great bid forward, and that we can successfully host an Olympic games. The other bids are more than capable of hosting, but we hope that the IOC sees fit for us to receive the honor of hosting this Olympic games."

I think a lot of what Pele says is in jest but he does come off as slightly arrogant.

When he says that the United States is not supporting Chicago the way Brazil is supporting Rio he fails to mention how no country is supporting it's bid the way Spain is supporting Madrid.

No, he's not. But it was YOU young Europeans who went gaga over him. He was your choice...not you're finding out he has feet of clay. :rolleyes:

Here you're absolutely right, Baron.

It was Europeans who chose the American President a year ago.

Let's hope he was a good choise... :rolleyes:

Archived