Congrats Ukraine and USA

arwebb

Asian teams are overrated... I don't think that Iran and Korea will be so much better than Uruguay, Colombia and Chile. I think Australia in AFC will be again with a secure qualification, exactly as Japan, Saudi Arabia and Korea.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Uzbekistan - Bahrain game has been invalidated by protest of Uzbekistan

tomorrows games

Czech Republic* vs. Armenia

Faroe Islands vs Israel*

Malta vs Croatia*

Kazakhstan vs Greece*

Finland* vs Macedonia FYR

Bulgaria* vs Iceland

Slovakia* vs Lativa

Norway* vs Scotland

Ukraine* vs Turkey

Liechtenstein vs Luxembourg*

Northern Ireland vs England*

Ireland Republic* vs France*

Lithuania vs Bosnia*

Belarus vs Italy*

Guatemala vs USA*

Costa Rice* vs Trinidad and Tobago

Denmark* vs Georgia

Belgium* vs San Marino

Poland* vs Wales

Netherlands* vs Andorra

Hungary vs Sweden*

Azerbaijan vs Austria*

Meixco* vs Panama

Moldova vs Slovenia*

Cyprus vs Switzerland*

Spain vs Serbia and Montenegro*

Australia has played its last match in Oceania World Cup qualifying matches with its 2-1 win on some potato field in the Solomon Islands this morning. Bring on the South Americans - - - I hope Colombia comes in at No. 5. For our sakes. I can't wait until we qualify through Asia for 2010. Some decent and fair competition for a change.

its not like you would easily qualify through Asia either

in Asia there is Iran at 15, Japan at 17, Korea at 23, Saudia Arabia at 27, Bahrain at 50, China and Kuwait at 54 and tied with you Iraq at 57

Australia is more likely to qualify this time around then it is to get through Asia for a piece of the 4.5 for 2010

The beauty about being in Asia is that now we'll get some good, regular, quality opposition and practice matches to hone our game, rather than facing the likes of the mighty Solom Islands every four years and a few friendlies when the odd second-tier Europe or Latin American team deign to notice us.

Remember, Australia beat Iran in Tehran in 1997 to have one finger on qualification for France 98 (admittedly only to draw with, and thus lose qualification, to Iran in Melbourne a week or so later after a lapse of concentration cost us after we were leading 2-0)

What was wrong with the English team? They have lost in NIRL!!!!

:shocked:  

I thought they played the BEST football and presumed 2018 should be theirs?  

Cluck...cluck...cluck!!!

As a supporter of a team who recently lost to England's reserve team on their own patch, I'd keep your voice down if I were you. Northern Ireland would thrash you if you had an off day like we did and a manager who plays half the players out of positon.

#### happens: France has won in Dublin.

Group 4 is so exciting. I am still hoping for Ireland and Israel.

We were shocking, simple as that. Playing an unfamiliar 4-5-1 system, the players simply did not look as if they knew what they were doing.

I have been one of Sven Goran-Eriksson's staunchest supporters, but I have been forced to reassess. Despite tonight, this is the most talented England squad for a long, long time, but we will not do anything special if we carry on playing like that. I am furious with that performance.

Well done to Northern Ireland, though. They stopped us playing and, in the end, fully deserved the victory.

#### happens: France has won in Dublin.

Group 4 is so exciting. I am still hoping for Ireland and Israel.

We were shocking, simple as that. Playing an unfamiliar 4-5-1 system, the players simply did not look as if they knew what they were doing.

I have been one of Sven Goran-Eriksson's staunchest supporters, but I have been forced to reassess. Despite tonight, this is the most talented England squad for a long, long time, but we will not do anything special if we carry on playing like that. I am furious with that performance.

Well done to Northern Ireland, though. They stopped us playing and, in the end, fully deserved the victory.

Heads up guys!!! England has still one match more play and you will beat Poland on home soil. No doubt, you will qualify for the WC 2006!!!  :)

England has two matches left, Poland has one, i am thinking that it could be a draw, Poland is a very talented team. and Austria is not a given

I am disappointed with the Croatian result, now that will have to defeat Sweden in there last game

BTW, i have question - since Europe has two lucky losers, how do they determine it, since three groups are 7 and 5 are 6, would preference be given to the 6 team groups in case of tie?

:shocked:  

I thought they played the BEST football and presumed 2018 should be theirs?  

Cluck...cluck...cluck!!!

As a supporter of a team who recently lost to England's reserve team on their own patch, I'd keep your voice down if I were you. Northern Ireland would thrash you if you had an off day like we did and a manager who plays half the players out of positon.

Yeah, but we don't claim to be the best.  You pooh-pooh even our (not by our choice) FIFA ranking of #6.  So I would keep my voice down too if I were you, Rob.  

Besides, even US coach Bruce Arenas admits that the present line-up is not WC ready.  But hey, we're in!!

:P   :unclesam:

i would love to see lots of new countries into the worlc cup, then last time, so far only two, Iran and Ukraine. Though Togo, Ghana, Cote d'Iviore(unlikely), Angola(unlikely), Morocco, Bahrain, Uzbekistan, Trinidad, Guatemala, Australia, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Switzerland, Israel, Serbia and Norway could all make it to the big show this time around

Lithuania 0 - 1 Bosnia-Herzegovina

Group 7:

Serbia and Montenegro   16

Spain                            14

Bosnia-Herzegovina       13

Belgium                        11

Lithuania                       9

San Marino                    0

08/10 Lithuania - Serbia and Montenegro

08/10   Bosnia-Herzegovina- San Marino

08/10 Belgium - Spain

12/10 Serbia and Montenegro - Bosnia-Herzegovina

12/10 Lithuania - Belgium

12/10 San Marino - Spain

We need to win the remaining two matches to win the group or claim the second spot (depending on other results).

Group 7:

08/10 Belgium - Spain

12/10 San Marino - Spain

We need to win the remaining two matches to win the group or claim the second spot (depending on other results).

Yeah, but Spain will win against Belgium and San Marino... and Bosnia-Herzegovina will lost against Serbia and Montenegro... :)  :sleepy:

Yeah, we all know Spain will finish second, but DJBungi was saying that Bosnia will be above Spain and I told him Spain will win the next matches... :)

Group 7:

08/10 Belgium - Spain

12/10 San Marino - Spain

Yeah, but Spain will win against Belgium and San Marino... and Bosnia-Herzegovina will lost against Serbia and Montenegro... :)  :sleepy:

We'll just have to wait and see.

You pooh-pooh even our (not by our choice) FIFA ranking of #6.

And quite rightly too. I have yet to meet anyone sane who trusts the FIFA World Rankings. They are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

yeah, but you really presume to know more than the acknowleged body?  That's really stupidly presumptuous.

You pooh-pooh even our (not by our choice) FIFA ranking of #6.

And quite rightly too. I have yet to meet anyone sane who trusts the FIFA World Rankings. They are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

the rankings have som reliablity, next year the winner of the WC will most likely come from the top 10 countries, and most of the top 15 with be the round of 16

i would love to see lots of new countries into the worlc cup, then last time, so far only two, Iran and Ukraine. Though Togo, Ghana, Cote d'Iviore(unlikely), Angola(unlikely), Morocco, Bahrain, Uzbekistan, Trinidad, Guatemala, Australia, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Switzerland, Israel, Serbia and Norway could all make it to the big show this time around

Iran played the 1999 WC so it isn't a new country. Ukraine... mmm... most of the players of the former URSS team were ukranians as Oleg Salenko... but I agree that we want to see new countries... but I have the idea that we will see just 2 or 3 new teams and the rest will be the classic countries.

Archived