Bolivia 1 - Ecuador 2

Northern Ireland 2 - Azerbaijan 0

Wales 0 - England 1

Zambia 0 - Senegal 1

Kenya 0 - Tunisia 2

Andorra 0 - Finland 0 (pathetic)

Paraguay 1 - Argentina 0 (shocker)

Sweden 3 - Bulgaria 0

Scotland 1 - Italy 1 (dame Italians, couldn't you have lost)

Switzerland 1 - Israel 1 (Shocker - not so much)

Estonia 2 - Latvia 1

Mali 2 - Congo 0

Burkina Faso 3 - South Africa 1 (wonderful result)

Uzbekistan 1 - Bahrain 0

Iceland 1 - Croatia 3 (Go Croatia)

Russia 2 - Liechtenstein 0

Venezuela 4 - Peru 1

Australia 7 - Solomon Islands 0 (hopefully the Aussies will qualify)

USA 2 - Mexico 0 (haha mexico1968)

Morocco 1 - Bostwana 0

Georgia 1 - Ukraine 1

Bosnia-Herzegovina 1 - Belgium 0 (sorry Michelle, Belgium is out)

Serbia and Montenegro 2 - Lithuania 0

Poland 3 - Austria 2

Slovenia 2 - Norway 3 (Go Norway)

Hungary 4 - Malta 0

Romania 2 - Czech Republic 0

Turkey 2 - Denmark 2 (stupid Danes)

Portugal 6 - Luxembourg 0

Armenia 0 - Netherlands 1

Costa Rica 3 - Panama 1

Ukraine and the United States of America have officialy qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup of Football

if Cote d'Ivoire beats Cameroon tomorrow, they will also qualify, same goes with Brazil i believe

tomorrows slate of games

Angola - Gabon

Zimbabwe - Rwanda

Togo - Liberia

Congo DR - Cape Verde

Brazil - Chile

Cote d'Ivoire - Cameroon

Guinea - Malawi

Ghana - Uganda

Uruguay - ColOmbia

Algeria - Nigeria

Egypt - Benin

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the groups of Africa, only with the teams that matter

Group 1

Senegal - 18

Togo - 17 - game in hand

Zambia - 16

Togo wins out, they qualify - facing Zambia and Congo

my prediction - Togo to qualify with a draw and a win

Group 2

Ghana - 15 - game in hand

South Africa - 15

Ghana needs one win, one draw, South Africa needs a win and two Ghana ties or loses

my predicition, Ghana qualifies

Group 3

Cote d'Ivoire - 19

Cameroon - 17

Cote d'Ivoire needs one win to send the lions home,

my predicition, Cameroon qualifies, but i hope i am wrong

Group 4

Angola - 15

Nigeria - 15

not much to say, Nigeria has the harder last two games, Angola has the carrot

my prediction Nigeria qualifies, again hope i am wrong

Group 5

Tunisia - 20

Morocco - 19

they play each other head to head in October, whom ever wins goes through, Tunisia only needs a tie,

my prediction - Morocco wins the last game sending them through

Asia

nothing really to discusse - Saudi Arabia, Korea, Japan and Iran have qualified and Uzbekistan and Bahrain are fighting for the spot that would see them play a CONCACAF team and get their arse's whipped to not send a fifth team through

Oceania

Australia has gained the 0.5 spot by hammering the Solomon Islands 7-0, but can they beat the 5th place South American team, not likely, but hopefully

CONCACAF

USA - 18 -qualified

Mexico - 16

Costa Rice - 10

Guatemala - 7

Trinidad and Tobago - 7

my prediction - Mexico and Costa Rica take the other two spots and Trinidada and Tobago take the fourth place, and then beat Usbekistan or Bahrain for the final spot in the final

The nightmare that is European qualification

Germany and Ukraine qualified

Group 1

Netherlands - 25 - two games in hand

Romania - 22

Czech Republic - 21 - two games in hand

my predictions, Netherlands takes it, Czechs take second

Group 2

Ukraine - 24 - qualified

Turkey - 17

Greece - 15 - game in hand

Denmark - 13 - game in hand

my predicitions - Turkey takes second, but does not qualify

Group 3

Portugal - 23

Russia - 18

Slovakia - 15 - game in hand

Portugal qualifies with one more win, Slovakia takes second and goes to the final

Group 4

Switzerland - 13 - game in hand

Ireland - 13 - game in hand

France - 13 - game in hand

Israel - 12

Ireland is the direct qualifer if the beat France on wednesday, if not France takes up the finals spot, and Ireland struggles to make the final

Group 5

Italy - 14

Norway - 12

ifs its a Norwegian win and an Italian tie on the 7th, Norway is the direct qualifer, if not Italy is through, Norway does not make it

Group 6

Poland - 21

England - 19 - game in hand

England and Poland both qualify, so no big deal

Group 7

Sebria and Montenegro - 15

Spain - 13

if Serbia beats Spain on the 7th, they are most likely going through, if not, Spain all the way, unfortunatly

Group 8

Croatia - 19

Sweden - 18

a Swedish tie to Hungary and a Croatian win against Malta would see the Croates through, most likely, since Croatia has a away with Hungary and Sweden

final thoughts

Czech Republic and either Croatia/Sweden or Poland/England are going to go through as the direct second place qualifiers

though more than likely all five teams will qualifer, and out of the teams that place second, i think that Slovakia, France and Sweden/Croatia/Poland/England have the best change of taking the final three spots

final post

South America

1. Argentina - 31 - qualifed

2. Brazil - 27 - will qualify tomorrow

3. Ecuador - 26

4. Paraguay - 25

5. Colombia - 20

6. Chile - 20

pretty much Argentina, Brazil, Ecuador and Paraguay have qualified, and since Chile has three very hard matches remaing, Colombia will have the honour of beating Australia for one of two last tickers for the final

so me final thoughts on who is going to be there in Germany

Africa

1. Togo

2. Ghana

3. Cameroon

4. Nigeria

5. Morocco

Asia

1. Japan

2. Iran

3. Rep. of Korea

4. Saudi Arabia

CONCACAF

1. United States of America

2. Mexico

3. Costa Rica

4. Trinidad and Tobgo

Oceania

none

South America

1. Argentina

2. Brazil

3. Ecuador

4. Paraguay

5. Colombia

Europe

1. Ukraine

2. Netherlands

3. Czech Republic

4. Portugal

5. Slovakia

6. Rep. of Ireland

7. France

8. Italy

9. Poland

10. England

11. Sweden

12. Croatia

13. Serbia and Montenegro

14. Germany

Holland played a 'fantastic' match and completely destroyed the mighty Armenia in Yerevan yesterday (0-1).....

Thanks to a Romanian victory over the Czechs we're almost qualified although we haven't played a decent game in ages.... :)

With home games against Andorra and Macedonia remaining (should be comfortable wins) we can even affort to lose in Prague.

The best news of the weekend is the elimination of Belgium though :)

It's not about performances, it's about results. England didn't play well in Cardiff yesterday but we won and we're still on course.

Amusing to see Argentina lose though.

its more amusing to see Brazil lose

The Southamerican, as Faster said, it's the most fair and obviously the most amazing process... Europe have good games but most of them suck... nobody wants to see Portugal vs. Liechtenstein... and CONCACAF, only Mexico vs. USA is interesting...

Yesterday, the worst results for Chile happened. We needed Paraguay and Ecuador losing and a draw in Venezuela-Peru. I hope we can at least get a draw with Brazil, but it will be very difficult when they will have 4 strikers: Ronaldo, Kaká, Adriano and Robinho and we just one (who knows Pinilla out of Chile?)  :help:. Chile will beat Ecuador in the last game and we need Uruguay drawing with Colombia to play in Barranquilla less stressed.

And at least, congratz to Ukraine and US...

PD: Cameroon is beating at the moment to Cote d'Ivoire.

Cameroon beats Cote d'Ivoire and they have the preference to reach in the next match to Germany 2006.

Chile was killed by the brazilian "Fantastic Four" 5-0. Now, we need Colombia drawing with Uruguay, Chile drawing or winning with Colombia at Barranquilla and Chile beating Ecuador in Santiago. Or we must wait for Southafrica 2010.

It's not about performances, it's about results. England didn't play well in Cardiff yesterday but we won and we're still on course.

I don't have anything against Brazil, though. It's not like we deserved to beat them in 2002.

No, no, no. It's much more amusing to see Argentina lose!

:D

No, no, no. It's much more amusing to see Argentina lose!

:D

ok, now i understand

September 4th Matches

Angola - Gabon 3:0

Zimbabwe - Rwanda 3:1

Togo - Liberia - 3:0

Congo DR - Cape Verde Islands - 2:1

Brazil - Chile - 5:0

Cote d'Ivoire - Cameroon - 2:3

Guinea - Malawi - 3:1

Ghana - Uganda - 2:0

Uruguay - Colombia - 3:2

Algeria - Nigeria - 2:5

Egypt - Benin - 4:1

Australia has played its last match in Oceania World Cup qualifying matches with its 2-1 win on some potato field in the Solomon Islands this morning. Bring on the South Americans - - - I hope Colombia comes in at No. 5. For our sakes. I can't wait until we qualify through Asia for 2010. Some decent and fair competition for a change.

USA! USA!  Mexico can suck it.  We outplayed them and just made it happen.  Thus will continue our overrated position in the FIFA rankings.

On one of my flights home today, they showed THE GAME OF THEIR LIVES - about the 1-0 victory of the underdog US team over England in the 1950 World Cup in Brazil.  Not quite as gripping as the 1980 Olympic hockey game vs. the USSR; nonetheless, it was another game of all heart.

And it was also heartening to know too that we beat Mexico 2-0 last Saturday and clinched a top seed spot for Germany 2006.  Was watching a show in New York last Saturday night so I couldn't watch that game.  But US is in!  That's the first step to hosting 2018!

And it was also heartening to know too that we beat Mexico 2-0 last Saturday and clinched a top seed spot for Germany 2006.  Was watching a show in New York last Saturday night so I couldn't watch that game.  But US is in!  That's the first step to hosting 2018!

Continue dreaming, baron, the night is veeeery long... :rolleyes:  :P  :wwww:  :D

Australia has played its last match in Oceania World Cup qualifying matches with its 2-1 win on some potato field in the Solomon Islands this morning. Bring on the South Americans - - - I hope Colombia comes in at No. 5. For our sakes. I can't wait until we qualify through Asia for 2010. Some decent and fair competition for a change.

its not like you would easily qualify through Asia either

in Asia there is Iran at 15, Japan at 17, Korea at 23, Saudia Arabia at 27, Bahrain at 50, China and Kuwait at 54 and tied with you Iraq at 57

Australia is more likely to qualify this time around then it is to get through Asia for a piece of the 4.5 for 2010

Archived