Rio 2016 Is A Big Cheat

Luigi

Your user name at youtube is JJOOdarkside. And you're very focused in Chicago and Rio de Janeiro... Let me guess where are you from...

Although Madrid is the best bid according to the four videos (and I really think it is as I'm a big supporter), I guess JJOOdarkside is Spaniard :) He manages to make appear Madrid as the only real option, and it really isn't :)

Anyway, I like the way the four videos are done. They are very interesting focusing on items not deeply discussed anywhere.

Although Madrid is the best bid according to the four videos (and I really think it is as I'm a big supporter), I guess JJOOdarkside is Spaniard :) He manages to make appear Madrid as the only real option, and it really isn't :)

Anyway, I like the way the four videos are done. They are very interesting focusing on items not deeply discussed anywhere.

I didn't understand all of the Chicago video but it made a point of showing things like closed factories, peeling paint, vacant lots, distressed neighborhoods, police making an arrest, transportation gripes (pretty common - but we gripe about it because we use transit more than the majority of other people in this country; also they point at a busy bus transfer point downtown and call it confusing - ummm, that's what is meant a transfer point) etc. - not points of civic pride but not unique to Chicago. Although, it was interesting that they highlighted the city's diversity as an issue affecting terrorism interdiction - as diverse and proud as Chicago's ethnic groups are, they are also Chicagoans and often have deep roots in the city and are very protective of the city. Chicago hasn't had a successful or credible terrorism incident and doesn't have even a rumored concentration of extremism so I'm not certain where this statement is arising.

Also, interesting that the video seems to just compare Chicago today against the major points of Madrid 2016 (transportation, we're ready, lower crime rate, etc.). I'd agree that he had a pretty clear agenda with this video.

CHItown '16

This video is a class of journalism - sarcastic mode on

Well, let's talk about Rio 2016.

Why should we interview? Of course, only paulista journalists, but who?

Juca Kfouri, known for hate Rio de Janeiro's everything. He never goes to Rio, because he HATES Rio de Janeiro.

Silvio Lancelotti, paulista proud journalist.

Alberto Murray Neto, n.1 enemy of Carlos Arthur Nuzman after losing the election for Brazilian NOC. Another Paulista proud.

How many Rio de Janeiro journalist, that lives in Rio de Janeiro??? NONE!!!

Then we make some shots of a street after a public fair but before the cleaning company shows up...

During the voice over saying "abandoned venue" show a dry grass in a public park...

Just ridiculous!

Juca Kfouri, known for hate Rio de Janeiro's everything. He never goes to Rio, because he HATES Rio de Janeiro.

Alberto Murray Neto, n.1 enemy of Carlos Arthur Nuzman after losing the election for Brazilian NOC. Another Paulista proud.

Then we make some shots of a street after a public fair but before the cleaning company shows up...

During the voice over saying "abandoned venue" show a dry grass in a public park...

Just ridiculous!

Juca Kfouri Loves Flamengo, after Corinthians, but he is against the Olympics, but not only in Rio, he is against it in Brazil, he is just in favor of Cuiaba 2018. I agree that there is a against Rio games bias here though, but is this "anti-patriotic", and SP/RJ rivalry thing the only argument you have to bring?

But, did you see at least the guy from the NGO? He is from Rio and he said: "I Must admit that we are not prepared to bring tourists..."

Just ridiculous!

And why Nuzman for eternal BOC president? Wake up!

And why always this Sp/R excuse?Grow up!

If the Rio town would be paying for this "farra" alone, I would be quiet.But the taxes are federal, my friend!

(Isso é democracia:debate, opinião e posicionamento.Isso não houve em nenhum momento dessa campanha.Escolheram por nós.Não que o povão não fosse optar por este circo,mas um plebiscito era o mínimo.

Pq o apoio ao corrupto do Nuzman?Após o Pan, ele deveria ser auditado.Ele fez muito mal ao Rio e vc ainda me apóia ele, amigo?Ele segue a mesmíssima cartilha do Teixeira.)

I'm against Nuzman eternal president.

I live in Sao Paulo, half-family is from Sao Paulo, I know Rio x SP rivalry better than you can even imagine.

Today in the bus a old-man was saying bad things about Rio for nothing!!! - Usual behaviour in SP...

As I work on media, and have friends working on ESPN Brasil, I can say with all letters: Juca Kfouri and other journalists there HATES (with capital letters) Rio de Janeiro city. Flamengo soccer team is other issue.

I pay my taxes too and want this money used in Olympic Games.

I have a dream to watch some Olympic Games in Brazil, can you respect this or only your opinion worth?

Polls show that many people wants to see the games in Brazil, search twitter trend topics, ask in the streets...

I prefer to see the money used in something like SOG than robbed.

I can debate everything you want, you have the right to have your opinion.

There is no referendum for Olympic Games nowhere, and you how hard and expensive is planning a official poll in a country with 130 million people able to vote.

I'm not supporting Nuzman... I don't care about him. I support the city where I was born and love. And I don't think the made bad things for Rio. At least, Rio gained a media return that if you had to payed it would cost much more...

Greetings!

PS: May I guess, are you from Sao Paulo?

Archived