Hudson's Bay In Vancouver

Kenadian

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone see the big banners going up at the Downtown Vancouver Hudson's Bay Company store? They look pretty cool...but I didn't have a camera today.

I look forward to seeing them - I noticed them rigging up some lines on Thursday night. Next Thursday, October 1, the full Olympic Store opens there, taking up a large portion of the main floor. A much smaller area has been open there for awhile now.

at the Downtown Vancouver Hudson's Bay Company store

... that is strange - for me the phrase "Hudson's Bay Company" belongs to the history of Canada - I wasn't aware that the "Hudson's Bay Company" is a department store chain in Canada

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius

^ well yea, the HBC is the oldest corporation in the world....starting as a fur trading company, having much to do with the formation of the nation, then evolving into a department store in the modern era.

Can't wait to see the banners myself!

^ well yea, the HBC is the oldest corporation in the world....starting as a fur trading company, having much to do with the formation of the nation, then evolving into a department store in the modern era.

Can't wait to see the banners myself!

327_2708.jpg

quite nice illumination of the building - it emphasises the old architecture...

2010VanFan posted this on her blog.

Schedule for the grand opening of the Olympic Super Store.

12:00 – 1:00 – Athlete Autograph session

12:15 – 1:15 – Cowboy Junkies

1:15 – 1:45 – Fashion show

2:00 – 3:00 – Athlete Autograph session

3:45 – 4:30 – Dan Mangan

4:30 – 5:00 – Fashion show

5:00 – 6:00 – Sam Roberts Band

5:30 – 6:30 – Athlete Autograph session

I've done a lot of my shopping in the online store. There's a number of discount codes floating around and getting free shipping (within Canada, anyway) is pretty easy once you order enough stuff.

They've not refreshed the adult gear in the downtown Vancouver HBC store in quite a while: I will take a look what's there next weekend

:)

I've done a lot of my shopping in the online store. There's a number of discount codes floating around and getting free shipping (within Canada, anyway) is pretty easy once you order enough stuff.

They've not refreshed the adult gear in the downtown Vancouver HBC store in quite a while: I will take a look what's there next weekend

:)

I think the online store hasn't really good structures (or maybe I am too stupid to find for what I am looking for - e.g. I haven't found yet what I have to pay that the things are shipped to germany)

Just found it - 50 CAD I have to pay for the shipping from Canada to Germany

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius

Do you have already bought some merchandise? If yes, what?

I bought there T-shirts & pins during my last 2 travels in Vancouver in 2007 & 2008 !

Can's wait to come back in february...

I heard from my cousin in Vancouver that the rain is coming and rainy season in general.

TOO BAD that these billboards will be under the rain.

Rain is part of Vancouver all around the year. Without rain, this is not the same city !

And believe me, I am not from Vancouver and i lived their a few month a few years ago, I can guarantee you that this is the only place on hearth that Rain is supportable !