What Do You Expect To See On Oct 2nd ?! :)

cslopes54

I truly believe Rio is going to put on the best Olympic presentation ever. The whole South America has never hosted the Olympics is going to be the differance. It will be very emtional and remember as one of the best Olympics presentations in history.

I am so afraid though. it could also be a monumental flop...especially if they have our presidente Lula there. I mean you never know what he will say or HOW he will open his mouth.

Did you see that speech of that Iranian buffoon Ahmadinejihad at the UN? Delegations were walking out right and left. Lula just might do that next Friday!! Maybe they should leave him out so that everything will go right, no?

Whaddya think?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Details..details, Denis. You have to think INTERNATIONALLY. Forget the Portuguese this and that. These are NOT the Lusophony Games!! These are The REAL THING...the OLYMPIC GAMES.

Besides, if my fair city has to charter cruise ships for MUCH-NEEDED rooms, they will probably be Carnival Lines! So all my beloved Cariocans will have to get used to the name Carnival Cruise Ships!!!

BTW, a friend from California took an 8-day cruise ship in South America. It started in Santiago or the port city of Santiago (Valparaiso?), went down around the Cape, and THEN ended up in Montevideo- Buenos Aires. But somehow our fair city of Rio WAS NOT INCLUDED; I wonder why??? Maybe the crime???

Chile have its cruise ships too... Why not???

But, as I know, Brazil summer season is the biggest cruise ships season in southern hemisphere...

Check Costa, MSC, Royal Caribeean sites and get surprised...

And no other country than Brazil send more cruise passengers to Buenos Aires port...

But the cruise line from Chile to Argentina must be beautifull... 4 days seeing ice...

Rio is going to put on the best Olympic presentation in Olympic bidding history. A performance that many people will be talking about for a very long time.

ehh "the best one" perhaps a little exageration. But Rio and Chicago definately at the top ..

ehh "the best one" perhaps a little exageration. But Rio and Chicago definately at the top ..

It can be possible if we take the IOC Evaluation Report as basis...

Rio got the only very high quality in the entire report for all bids, just in presentations.

Details..details, Denis. We have to think INTERNATIONALLY now. We have to forget the Portuguese this and that. These are NOT the Lusophony Games!! These are The REAL THING...the OLYMPIC GAMES.

Besides, if my fair city has to charter cruise ships for MUCH-NEEDED rooms -- you know we do NOT HAVE ENOUGH quality hotel rooms for 2014 and 2016, so we will probably have to get Carnival Lines! So all my beloved Cariocans will have to get used to the name Carnival Cruise ships!!!

BTW, a friend from California took an 8-day cruise ship to South America. It started in Valparaiso, Chile; then went down around the Cape, and THEN ended up in Montevideo- Buenos Aires. But somehow our fair city of Rio WAS NOT INCLUDED; I wonder why??? Maybe the crime???

Oops, I think I had a graphic overdose for minute here, too many colours and letters visible to blind lol. Well, Baron, you know more than me, since you are a Carioca lol and I am only a northeastern Brazilian (not a Carioca, then - what is it that they call us from northeast?) that Rio de Janeiro will not also be included on a cruise departing Australia, only if you want this over expensive 30 day cruise to be true. Rio doesn't need to be destination to all cruises going on in the world, even if they are in South America, because SA coast is huge and if you spent 8 days to go down the Chilean coast, around Terra do Fogo, Argentinean coast and Uruguayan coast, add more 3 or four days to get to Rio and at least 15 days to go up to the last tip of northern Brazilian coast at the Amapa State.

I am so afraid though. it could also be a monumental flop...especially if they have our presidente Lula there. I mean you never know what he will say or HOW he will open his mouth.

Did you see that speech of that Iranian buffoon Ahmadinejihad at the UN? Delegations were walking out right and left. Lula just might do that next Friday!! Maybe they should leave him out so that everything will go right, no?

Whaddya think?

I agree!

Let's hope that if Rio loses, Lula doesn't blame it on "white blue eyed" people!

Anyway, it will be interesting to see How Rio fares against Chicago as both bids seem to be pushing the most emotive bids. I think the winner between Chicago and Rio will be the one who manages to get the most tears from the IOC!

Chicago will give a very good presentation, believe me. I think Rio will also do fantastic. They have done everything well so far, and I have no doubts that they will do well in this.

I think the Chicago and Rio presentations will not be too easy to say one was better than the other, bottom line, they will both have their strong points and speeches.

Michelle will do well, Barack will do great too if he goes.

I'm alright for as long as Lula doesn't make snarky remarks on other contries' cuisines. That wouldn't be nice XD

I do think the order of presentations is significant.

Chicago is at a disadvantage because it must go first. All you figure skating and gymnastics fans know this is true.

Tokyo is next.

Rio is in the enviable position of being the last presentation before lunch -- giving Rio the opportunity to leave a strong impression and generate buzz that may dominate the lunchtime conversation.

Madrid goes last and most people have already concluded that, though they may siphon votes in significant ways, they will not win.

I expect Rio's presentation to be outstanding -- visually stunning, well-organized and emotional. I expect they will touch on the "new frontier" issue at the very beginning and perhaps at a few other points during the presentation. I would be shocked if their final image wasn't a variation on the map that poignantly communicates the message "never before in South America".

Chicago must exceed all expectations. They have to hit it out of the park. They have to deliver a knockout punch right out of the gate. That's all there is to it. It has to be very clear, poetic, beautiful, and emotionally stirring. CHICAGO HAS TO BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT NOT TRYING TO COVER TOO MUCH TERRITORY. IF THEY THROW IN EVERYTHING BUT THE KITCHEN SINK, IT WILL BE A CLUTTERED, CONFUSING MESS.

I hope Chicago 2016 has a very saavy director for their presentation -- someone who understands pacing and rhythm and can help them streamline their presentation for maximum effect. The presentation has to have an arresting, unified STYLE. If it's a piece-meal collage divided up between a committee, it's going to be tragic.

If Chicago is going to win this, their presentation can't be just o.k. or even slightly better than mediocre. It must be a work of art -- a masterpiece.

pacing and rhythm is vital!

e.g. denis lewis, ends off presentation with" never forget the magic of london" which leads into the video about london.

I do think Chicago need to spice up the Boulevard from the hockey venue to the olympic stadium.

That could be a great live site/festival/olympic happiness area.

^^^

Chicago 2016 screened that video before the IOC at the technical presentation in Lausanne back in June. They would be stupid to show it again. Like Mo said, they should show a video that makes them feel like they are inside the venues.

I do think the order of presentations is significant.

Chicago is at a disadvantage because it must go first. All you figure skating and gymnastics fans know this is true.

Tokyo is next.

Rio is in the enviable position of being the last presentation before lunch -- giving Rio the opportunity to leave a strong impression and generate buzz that may dominate the lunchtime conversation.

Madrid goes last and most people have already concluded that, though they may siphon votes in significant ways, they will not win.

I expect Rio's presentation to be outstanding -- visually stunning, well-organized and emotional. I expect they will touch on the "new frontier" issue at the very beginning and perhaps at a few other points during the presentation. I would be shocked if their final image wasn't a variation on the map that poignantly communicates the message "never before in South America".

Chicago must exceed all expectations. They have to hit it out of the park. They have to deliver a knockout punch right out of the gate. That's all there is to it. It has to be very clear, poetic, beautiful, and emotionally stirring. CHICAGO HAS TO BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT NOT TRYING TO COVER TOO MUCH TERRITORY. IF THEY THROW IN EVERYTHING BUT THE KITCHEN SINK, IT WILL BE A CLUTTERED, CONFUSING MESS.

I hope Chicago 2016 has a very saavy director for their presentation -- someone who understands pacing and rhythm and can help them streamline their presentation for maximum effect. The presentation has to have an arresting, unified STYLE. If it's a piece-meal collage divided up between a committee, it's going to be tragic.

If Chicago is going to win this, their presentation can't be just o.k. or even slightly better than mediocre. It must be a work of art -- a masterpiece.

with only 4 cities, teh significance of the order maybe different this time. in the last 2 winter games elections the first presenting city (Vancouver and Sochi) ended up winning, while the last 2 summer games elections had the city presenting in fourth (Beijing and London) victorious. We'll see.

Below is a list of presentations orders from 2001.

For 2008:

Osaka, Paris, Toronto, Beijing, Istanbul

For 2010:

Vancouver, Salzburg, PyeongChang

For 2012:

Paris, New York, Moscow, London, Madrid

For 2014:

Sochi, Salzburg, PyeongChang

For 2016:

Chicago, Tokyo, Rio, Madrid

Noticed the exact order of presentation for Salzburg and PC for both 2010 and 2014 elections, and both ended up losing.

It's a good one. That's video #4 on the FABULOUS Chicago2016 website. Only thing is...I couldn't find the button to watch it FULL-SCREEN from the website.

I tend to find that people talk kinda fast on the Chicago2016 videos. They only have a few minutes, of course, but the videos often feel rushed. The YouTube link probably has a Full Screen option (it's one of the buttons along the bottom - it has a small rectangle in a larger one with an arrow)

CHItown '16

Archived