Chicagoansforrio = Fraud

Kngkyle

Just to clarify two points -

1. There is no inference in the article that UOL is involved in the CFR site in any way.

2. GamesBids.com and the article's author do not believe the Rio 2016 bid committee is involved in any way.

So, GB and the article's author should insert an adendum into the article and also change and APOLIGISE FOR the ''Fraudulent Anti-Chicago 2016 Website Traced To Rio'' Tittle, which pretty much is suggestive and abusive to Brazilians and that will make MANY CASUAL READERS MINDS about something implied by this unthought heading that IS NOT TRUE. As we all know, The city of Rio de Janeiro and the bid in question have the same name, and when someone read something as explicit as TRACED TO RIO, they will think instantly 'TRACED TO RIO'S COMMITTEE'...

Is that clear or not?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, you're being ridiculous.

Besides which, the statement that Rio 2016 is not believed to be involved in any way is in the article itself. If so-called casual readers can't be bothered to read more than eight words of this article, it's their problem, not Gamesbids if they come away thinking the wrong thing.

Some people from outside Chicago have been caught out trying to sabotage Chicago's bid by claiming they are from Chicago, but rather than discussing that, you're being pedantic about the article's headline. Anything to not discuss the elephant in the room eh?

No, you're being ridiculous.

Besides which, the statement that Rio 2016 is not believed to be involved in any way is in the article itself. If so-called casual readers can't be bothered to read more than eight words of this article, it's their problem, not Gamesbids if they come away thinking the wrong thing.

according to you, I'm always ridiculous honey. None of what I say have minimal importance to you.

Still haven't convicned me that the article's title needs to be changed.

1. There is no inference in the article that UOL is involved in the CFR site in any way.

2. GamesBids.com and the article's author do not believe the Rio 2016 bid committee is involved in any way.

So, why don't you change the topic's title? The fact you must come and try to 'clarify' your points mean that they ARE NOT CLEAR, that they, at least, WERE UNCLEAR. I say, they were dubious, that they were not fair, they were suggesting something very different.

Sorry, can you not read? Neither the article nor this thread (and certainly not its title) imply Rio's bid is involved in anything!!!

Let me quote the GB article again:

"While the true identity of the individuals or group involved remains unknown, and there is no evidence to suggest a connection with the Rio bid committee, the professional and organized effort seems to be a deliberate ploy to sabotage Chicago 2016."

That's pretty clear as far as I'm concerned.

Who wrote the article has to prove it then...

I'm bored with this and it's not my fight anyway. Believe what you want guys and skirt round the issue all you like. You're not fooling anyone but yourselves by discussing the article's clarity and being overly pedantic over the "meaning" implied in the headline. The rest of us didn't require the mod to post clarifications, only a couple of Rio supporters who want to discuss anything but the issue at hand.

I'm done here for now.

Naive and premature statement without any evidences and based on GB's forum topics...

I remember when Beijing won the games some americans and europeans gone crazy in the internet"s foruns about olympics.

The same thing is happening with Rio's possible victory. It's prejudice with arrogance. 2009 is the "ground zero" of a new world configuration.

We can say this when we watch the things that have changed in the geopolitical affairs. The power of BRICs rising, the internal problems in USA and the Europe's downfall after the crisis. Let's be clear: some new powers are rising. You must to accept it, my dears. The possible choice of Rio is clearly a signal of this.

Who wrote the article has to prove it then...This website will be traced soon and GB will be in an incovinient position by assuming what they are not capable to distinguish. BTW I will continue promoting chicagoansforrio until it is proven to be really fraudulent.

For goodness sake!

1. This thread is called 'Chicagoansforrio = Fraud' because it has emerged that the website is a fraudulent one. That is all! The title does not blame Rio2016 so anyone saying that is plain stupid and incapable of reading the title without bias.

2. No-one is saying Rio 2016 is responsible for it. If they are then they are wrong as their is no evidence for such a claim.

3. People are pointing out how some Brazilian forum members are being hypocritical. This is because they never condemned the website when they thought it was made by Americans as they felt it helped their own bid. But now that it transpires the website is linked to people in Brazil they are downplaying it.

For all the Brazilian people claiming prejudice for people talking about it, I have a few words: GROW UP! No-one is blaming Rio2016! However, the fact that you are willing to call people prejudice for talking about this issue whilst avoiding criticizing the fact that it was Brazilians who created it shows how bias you are!

P.S. That is all -feel free to moan about my 'prejudice' rant whilst avoiding actually reading it which is what most of you will do!

For goodness sake!

1. This thread is called 'Chicagoansforrio = Fraud' because it has emerged that the website is a fraudulent one. That is all! The title does not blame Rio2016 so anyone saying that is plain stupid and incapable of reading the title without bias.

2. No-one is saying Rio 2016 is responsible for it. If they are then they are wrong as their is no evidence for such a claim.

3. People are pointing out how some Brazilian forum members are being hypocritical. This is because they never condemned the website when they thought it was made by Americans as they felt it helped their own bid. But now that it transpires the website is linked to people in Brazil they are downplaying it.

For all the Brazilian people claiming prejudice for people talking about it, I have a few words: GROW UP! No-one is blaming Rio2016! However, the fact that you are willing to call people prejudice for talking about this issue whilst avoiding criticizing the fact that it was Brazilians who created it shows how bias you are!

P.S. That is all -feel free to moan about my 'prejudice' rant whilst avoiding actually reading it which is what most of you will do!

Yes it was created by americans baby...until the opposite is not proven we'll not accept "the tracing" conclusion of GB spies.

Yes it was created by americans baby...until the opposite is not proven we'll not accept "the tracing" conclusion of GB spies.

Where's the evidence?

Regardless of who created it, the point is that Gamesbid website has not, is not, and will not accuse Rio2016 for it since there is no evidence.

So, all the people moaning about this website accusing Rio2016 are blatantly wrong. No-one has accused Rio2016!

Where's the evidence?

Regardless of who created it, the point is that Gamesbid website has not, is not, and will not accuse Rio2016 for it since there is no evidence.

So, all the people moaning about this website accusing Rio2016 are blatantly wrong. No-one has accused Rio2016!

There are more evidences that it was created in the US than in any other part of the world. The problem is these coward people form CFR do not show up their real identity and GB did a premature statement.

There are more evidences that it was created in the US than in any other part of the world. The problem is these coward people form CFR do not show up their real identity and GB did a premature statement.

Gamesbid did not blame Rio2016 for the website!

That's all there is to it. So people trying to bash this website and accusing it of prejudice are way off the mark.

Gamesbid did not blame Rio2016 for the website!

That's all there is to it. So people trying to bash this website and accusing it of prejudice are way off the mark.

Nobody is trying to bash anyone guy....We are talking about responsabilities of publishing affirmatives without evidences, specially when you are personally involved.

Nobody is trying to bash anyone guy....We are talking about responsabilities of publishing affirmatives without evidences, specially when you are personally involved.

No-one published affirmatives though. No-one blamed Rio2016.

And how am I personally involved? I never created the bloody website!

Get a grip!

"GamesBids.com has discovered evidence through emails, web forum posts and web server logs that indicate promoters of this site are likely based in a city that’s Chicago’s biggest rival for the 2016 Olympic Games – Rio"

Isn't this silly and prejudice?

"A webmaster of the GamesBids.com Forums server examined various posts in a topic about the new site after they failed a routine compliance check. He found that a new member had taken on the persona of a Chicagoan who was against her city’s bid and then continued as a cheerleader for the site in question. Server logs indicated that the member’s computer connecting to the forum website was located in Rio."

Ohhh please...they are talking about me....!!!!! Leave me alone...I would love to learn how to create such a perfect website.

She's talking about herself being personally involved, not you. I think you've missed the point slightly. Read the article and then read Anne's past posts on this forum and you'll get the point Oaky :)

She's just upset because the website she's been promoting has been discredited.

"GamesBids.com has discovered evidence through emails, web forum posts and web server logs that indicate promoters of this site are likely based in a city that’s Chicago’s biggest rival for the 2016 Olympic Games – Rio"

Isn't this silly and prejudice?

"A webmaster of the GamesBids.com Forums server examined various posts in a topic about the new site after they failed a routine compliance check. He found that a new member had taken on the persona of a Chicagoan who was against her city’s bid and then continued as a cheerleader for the site in question. Server logs indicated that the member’s computer connecting to the forum website was located in Rio."

Ohhh please...they are talking about me....!!!!! Leave me alone...I would love to learn how to create such a perfect website.

Exactly!

Nowhere does Gamesbid blame Rio2016! Thank you for posting those quotes and demonstrating my point!

If the website originates from Brazil that has nothing to do with Rio2016!

Why are people blaming this website for uncovering the information?

FACTS:

-This website never blamed Rio2016.

-This website only reported that the website was traced to Brazil

So, get over it!

She's talking about herself being personally involved, not you. I think you've missed the point slightly. Read the article and then read Anne's past posts on this forum and you'll get the point Oaky :)

She's just upset because the website she's been promoting has been discredited.

It wasn't discredited yet...we'll see before the election. Trust me.

Exactly!

Nowhere does Gamesbid blame Rio2016! Thank you for posting those quotes and demonstrating my point!

If the website originates from Brazil that has nothing to do with Rio2016!

Why are people blaming this website for uncovering the information?

FACTS:

-This website never blamed Rio2016.

-This website only reported that the website was traced to Brazil

So, get over it!

And when I did say that?? Are you drunk?

If it's Rio's turn or not to host the games we don't know, but it won't things this little silly article or Barack Obama's presence in Denmark that will make difference at the end of the day, like many here wish it was true, especially MOST, I said MOST (beforehand I have to stress that in order not to have people saying I generalized) desperate Chicagoans.

I honestly don't know where you're getting the impression that we're desperate. Seems to me most of the Chicago supporters are pretty level headed about this competition. I mean - this is the guy we sent to the White House:

cool-obama.jpg

We're alright.

Let me tell you something: GB now looks like a Big Brother. Don't feel confidence anymore, don't think our opinion is respected, nor that we Brazilian are treated here respectfully. If there are people involved in this fraud, punish them. But don't try to suggest Rio's Bid is behind this as this topic title clearly does.

As far as I understand, fraud from a web site isn't prosecuted by most democratic government unless that web site is trying to take or steal money or is intentionally and egregiously libelous (libel, though, is a matter that individuals would litigate - not a government). If it's just a web site with deceptive information, it's a matter of freedom of speech. Since no one in Chicago was directly harmed by this web site and I'm almost completely certain that Chicago 2016 would want no part of a web site libel suit, no one's in danger of punishment of any sort.

That said, though, when you write on a message board or sign up for a web service, that web service and message board have access to many streams of information about you and about where you're originating your connection (this information is also accessible to almost anyone else on the Internet although usually not as easily or as simply as to the web site operator. Sorry to tell you but, if someone wanted to, anyone anywhere in the world could potentially watch any unsecured traffic from your computer). The message board owner also has an interest in maintaining the credibility of his/her board/web site and looking through information only easily available to the web site owner - especially information that raises questions about a news article originated by that web site. All of this is typically part of a user's terms of service and states that, in signing up for a user account, you're allowing the web site owner to know some things about you and to identify improper behavior originated by you.

Honestly, though, most people on here try to treat each other respectfully and respect the right of other people to have their own opinion and own points of view. However, that does not mean that we give a pass to people who are intentionally ridiculous or disrespectful or deceptive. In most places - especially public places on the web - one should not have confidence that disrespectful and/or deceptive behavior would be respected.

CHItown '16

Archived