Chicagoansforrio = Fraud

Kngkyle

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mangabeiras. Tu participa de alguma comunidade sobre os jogos no orkut?

Nada! Nem tenho orkut. A única q eu articipo eh ssa aki. tô alando ssim pq ñ uero sses caras raduzindo o q a ente ta alando. eh 1 étodo q eu nventei com o Danny. Tô d saco chei desses strngeiros de meia-tigela alando mal da ente por tudo. quero q a capital do antigo estado da guanabara ganhe de lavad p esses tários verem o q eh bom p toss. vão encher o aco da mae deles.

a norma agor eh ig barra norar os posts de ataq deles. deixa-los alando ozinhos, saca? tem 1 bocado desses osts na seção da antiga capital do estado da guanabara. so 1 ando de feladaputs desses p ficar zuando c a ossa cara...

Ah saquei. Rapaz, tem uma omunidad bem imteressamt no kut é a "antiga capital da guanabara doismiledezesseis - limpíads rasil". Era bom que vc participasse lá. Tb to d sac shei deçes fidikeng

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKk vc fz eu mi kagá di ri com eça dos fidikeng!!! bem nordestino, só nois mermu!

vou zuá bastanti com essi potugeis maldizido pq eu to fulo da vida com essi saitezinhu di merda! eh massa falá assim! kkkkkkkkkkkk

Well, it makes me laugh that some Rio supporters were quite unquestioningly happy to take this website as genuine when it was thought to harm Chicago's bid, but when the tables are turned they're suddenly interested in the minute details of IP addresses and the journalistic qualities of Gamesbids investigative skills etc.

Funny that.

Ah saquei. Rapaz, tem uma omunidad bem imteressamt no kut é a "antiga capital da guanabara doismiledezesseis - limpíads rasil". Era bom que vc participasse lá. Tb to d sac shei deçes fidikeng

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKk vc fz eu mi kagá di ri com eça dos fidikeng!!! bem nordestino, só nois mermu!

vou zuá bastanti com essi potugeis maldizido pq eu to fulo da vida com essi saitezinhu di merda! eh massa falá assim! kkkkkkkkkkkk

It's been a while since we've seen a foreign language inserted into a General forums discussion.

However, I think the Brazilians are just messing with us now. None of the last few posts produce anything other than complete gibberish in Google Translator.

CHItown '16

It's been a while since we've seen a foreign language inserted into a General forums discussion.

However, I think the Brazilians are just messing with us now. None of the last few posts produce anything other than complete gibberish in Google Translator.

CHItown '16

Don't mind the last posts, they should have been using the private messages. They have just found out that they are from Maceio-AL in the notheast of the country and kind of started a discussion to explore possible friendship connections. Typically Brazilian, but out of place.

Sorry

Oh sorry everybody. We just found out we're from the same city and live in the same zone of it. Isn't that a funny coincidence?! We were so surprised we started talking here hehe. And my PM box can only keep 3 messages, It's very difficult to talk there.

And don't worry about the language. It's some "brazilian internet language" mixed with typical words from our city and state and a couple interjections. It's a way to preserve our regional cultural values y'know? It's not like we're plotting against Chicago to create a new city :P

So chill, Chicagoans, chill. You're taking this whole situation far too seriously.

Oh, and ken's last post just confirm the news point fingers and toes to Rio 2016.

Baron, don't try using Brazilian internet language yet. You're still making progress with portuguese plurals remember? Keep up the good work.

Well, it makes me laugh that some Rio supporters were quite unquestioningly happy to take this website as genuine when it was thought to harm Chicago's bid, but when the tables are turned they're suddenly interested in the minute details of IP addresses and the journalistic qualities of Gamesbids investigative skills etc.

Funny that.

Very true!

I seem to remember several Rio supporters getting mad when that NBC program aired a little while ago which portrayed the Rio 2016 bid negatively. They were crying foul play and saying Chicago 2016 was to blame!

Now that a website attacking Chicago has been found with roots in Rio, they are strangely going out of their way to try and downplay it!

Oh, the irony!

Funny that.

Very few, actually... Gamesbids isn't representative of most Rio supporters. Most people on Brazilian forums found this Chocagoans for Rio site very odd from the beginning and dismissed the "american support". If you read closely the site, it isn't supportive of Rio at all. It barely talks about the city and when that happens it is in a very strange "unbrazilian" way (naked people dancing? pfft. who are they trying to fool?)

Maybe it's me but the title "Fraudulent Anti-Chicago 2016 Website Traced To Rio" induces me to believe that Rio 2016 tried to sabotage the Chicago bid.

I wonder what the effect on other people would be.

Exactly! When are the haters going to realize that our complaining is about the way that article was written based on weak links between facts that happened at the same time for GB people, but that obviously have a HUGE chance to not be related at all!

I mean, what harm can it do, really? But I wonder if it was against Chicagoans... I would love to hear what they had to say... or maybe they would call the president and beg him please not to miss the congress...

If we have the cariocasforchicago.com no one, except the Rio's supporters, carry about...

They just want to put in our hands this. BOC or someone who works for Rio 2016 would be not idiot to build a site like chicagoansforrio.com

GB done a bad thing with that article. It's sad.

Rubbish. It makes clear in the article that there's no link between the site and Rio 2016. Is that not clear enough for you?

Rob. It's not a thing from our heads. The article and the people ARE assuming there's something big behind this. And what would be that big thing? An organization officially linked to Rio 2016, don't you agree?

There's no hidden message in that article, it is pretty clear it accuses someone big and not some hidden nerd at Copacabana Beach. Even some members agree with that.

And you shouldn't be mad neither as Chicago supporters or as GB member. As was said before, that's how journalism works: pointing, implying, suggesting, accusing, ignoring... That's why they spread an opinion. Not only news are like that but every written and said text, but that's a linguistics discussion not an olympic one.

Funny that.

No, uh huh! Games Bids are the cream of the crop, babes! I even compared them with James Bond! ;)

And what's the fuss about expressing our opinions about a premature statement by a website known to be serious and impartial? People make mistakes. Let's face it darling, The cream of the crop will not always look that substancial, don't you think?

Honey-sweetheart, the tables aren't turned. We haven't done anything wrong. RIO especially, haven't done anything wrong. Stupid bastards, based in Rio or not, did. And Rio's name shouldn't be on this GM plot. Not hat I think this article will do any harm to Rio's bid - I'm sure the IOC have things much important to be considering than this half-hearted chronicle. If it's Rio's turn or not to host the games we don't know, but it won't things this little silly article or Barack Obama's presence in Denmark that will make difference at the end of the day, like many here wish it was true, especially MOST, I said MOST (beforehand I have to stress that in order not to have people saying I generalized) desperate Chicagoans.

Let me tell you something: GB now looks like a Big Brother. Don't feel confidence anymore, don't think our opinion is respected, nor that we Brazilian are treated here respectfully. If there are people involved in this fraud, punish them. But don't try to suggest Rio's Bid is behind this as this topic title clearly does.

Let me tell you something: GB now looks like a Big Brother. Don't feel confidence anymore, don't think our opinion is respected, nor that we Brazilian are treated here respectfully. If there are people involved in this fraud, punish them. But don't try to suggest Rio's Bid is behind this as this topic title clearly does.

Sorry, can you not read? Neither the article nor this thread (and certainly not its title) imply Rio's bid is involved in anything!!!

Let me quote the GB article again:

"While the true identity of the individuals or group involved remains unknown, and there is no evidence to suggest a connection with the Rio bid committee, the professional and organized effort seems to be a deliberate ploy to sabotage Chicago 2016."

That's pretty clear as far as I'm concerned.

CHItown '16

Your English is as foreign to me as my Portuguese is foreing to you. Two sides of the coin.

As you're entitled to speak to the other US Americans in English, us Brazilians have the right to speak to each other in Portuguese. If you feel upset about that, go and learn Portuguese and then come to our region to learn some slang and expressions - just like I did when I felt pretty dumb for not understanding Madonna's songs when I was a child - I gone and learned English. But then that wasn't enough. I wished I had the accent of, let's say, Oprah. I used to go around begging people to '-Say it! Say that I have that good ol Oprah Accent, say it, biotch!' But I didn't have it. So I practised, and practised, and practised some more and then I got better. But I felt crappy about speaking as the British from, let's say, Sheffield do so I started 'tulking realley lóik a faike Northern Britt', but I gave it a try. And then I felt that it wasn't enough, I still coudln't understand Shakira's songs (oh yeah, she speaks Spanish, btw) and then I gone and learned some Spanish. Oh and I felt pretty dumb when I coudln't udnerstand Laura Pausinni's songs and I gone and learned some Italian. And at the time I feel pretty dumb about not understanding what other best new artist say in their songs, I'll go and learn their language. I mean, I can't blame myself for God have punished people dividing them into nations as said in Genesis, or am I guilty? If it wasn't for God, we wouldn't be fighting here for the olympics. Every four years we would have the IOC voting wether the Unique Country would host or the unique country would host. It woud be Unique country 2004, 2008, 2012 and 2016 too! It would be sooo boring, wouldn't it? Thank God God exists, so we can have a Sydney 2000, a Athens 2004, a Beijing 2008, a London 2012 and maybe a Rio 2016 and most important of all, all people would know at least for a little period of time, that because they don't speak English, the so called 'universal' language, that they are no less important than anglophones.

And just so you know, I don't need to mess with you in my language. If I want to say things to your face I will say it your own language so you can understand EVERY LITTLE WORD of what I mean. And yes, differently of what Google Translator told you - I was speaking Portuguese on my posts, funny uh? Funny when Google can't give us a hand with a few little local slangs and expressions? If I were you I'd not rely on it anymore.

Archived