Chicagoansforrio = Fraud

Kngkyle

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's too ugly for the owner of the site... But how did they get those people's video???

It doesn't seems to be filmed in Rio...

And c'mon, internet servers in Brazil are not cheap, why some fraudulent Brazilian did not hosted the site in US to make it more believeable???

Dumb people everywhere, even in Rio...

Well, I can't see a huge issue if "the member of our forums" is based in Rio... fakes are everywhere here...

Some Brazilian acting as Chicagoan is not a big problem... Baron now say he lives in Rio... So...

What intrigues me is the video. People shown there look like american, have american accent, the scenarios is american...

Maybe the site is really american, but members and e-mail was sent by others...

I be honest, I think at least some of the people in the video are Chicagoans. They could have simply pulled video from interviews they found from anti Olympic groups online.

I wouldn't put it past them to have contact No Games Chicago to get the footage. NGC posted a link about the website.

If this site is a fraud, people involved must be punished somehow. It is not acceptable such a behavior. I agree to the comments some people posted about the videos. People talking look like American. This is not a Brazilian scenario. However, it seems to me GB is using this moment to make its choice or let it be known.

Btw, I don't think IOC voters use to read posts in forums to help them in making their minds. So, no harm to Chicago Bid in this case.

Thank you for your honesty, incuding the Brazilians who have condemned such acts. I do agree that this might not harm Chicago's bid from the IOC's perspectives, but unfortunately, it may have an impact locally. I know for sure that a very prominent business weekly-Crain's Business Magazine, the Chicago Tribune, and ABC Channel 7 have used or quoted Gamesbids in the past for news, especially reporting the upates in BidIndex.

If this site is a fraud, people involved must be punished somehow. It is not acceptable such a behavior. I agree to the comments some people posted about the videos. People talking look like American. This is not a Brazilian scenario. However, it seems to me GB is using this moment to make its choice or let it be known.

Btw, I don't think IOC voters use to read posts in forums to help them in making their minds. So, no harm to Chicago Bid in this case.

Sorry, but GB choice is pretty clear from the beggining...

Why do they need to talk about what happens here in the forums??? Come on? Have they seen what Baron and his pupil, Oakydoky have been saying in the past months?????? Try to dismiss Rio because some here claimed to be from Chicago but were using Brazilian computers? Try to imply that Rio has something to do with chicagoansforrio site??? oh come on.... ok GAMESBID, you are PRO-CHICAGO... as if we shouldn't know from the beggining.... I lost all my trust today.

See, PHIL'BOY you won... I won't show here anymore... you guys can keep ur "developed world" forum for urselves... we'be been made of jokes to take part in an arena where people think they are the best because they come from rich conuntries, that they deserve to host everything because of so, and that people who comes from places like Brazil are considered S******

That's a shame that if Chicago wins, it'll only be because of the new Internation superstar that hasn't done a thing to improve the world up to now.... he made no consistant change and has his popularity going to hell.... I'll be here, supporting Lula, hoping that Rio wons... but if we don't, I'll forget about Olympics... I'll have the certainty that this is the kind of show made to some idiots we find here... made to please rich audiencies and to maintain the developement of sports strict to where they already are developed, blocking others to achieve this status. That's an ideological fight... and, if Chicago wins, we'll be able to too what GB and the IOC itself are up to.

It's a shame!

It is amazing incredible that I was linked to the discovery of GB's spies. Any single person here know that I am not from Chicago and Baron is not from Rio.

Of course this conspiracy of chicagoansforrio was not created in Rio, maybe not in Chicago but somewhere else in US from a group americans that dislike chicago's candidature for 2016. Maybe we have extrapolated in jokes and definitely what is written in this forum does not affect any bid at all. This article from GB maybe harmful and hopefully they will fix it at time.

It was shame for who created the chicagoansforrio site, if they are cariocas (I believe it isn't), and should I be affraid if GB is spying me and my Internet connections to located me?

And If I travel to Chicago and access the site from there, will I be accused of liar?

Does the privacy terms of Gamesbids allows the site to investigate the members, even when they break forum rules???

Again, if the site Chicagoansforrio are not by chicagoans, it's a shame for who created it.

BTW, Baron you are not from Rio, and we don't need to prove it... Neither you... It really doesn't matter.

and should I be affraid if GB is spying me and my Internet connections to located me?

And If I travel to Chicago and access the site from there, will I be accused of liar?

Does the privacy terms of Gamesbids allows the site to investigate the members, even when they break forum rules???

Theres nothing wrong with that. Most site owners have access to the IP codes of every vistor to the site which can be traced to the corresponding country. FYI, each country has a unique IP code so you can't deny where the vistor comes from. Even basic blog comment boxes offer this service such cbox.ws

Theres nothing wrong with that. Most site owners have access to the IP codes of every vistor to the site which can be traced to the corresponding country. FYI, each country has a unique IP code so you can't deny where the vistor comes from. Even basic blog comment boxes offer this service such cbox.ws

Sorry, I meant IP address. Just to back this further, IP addresses identification is readily available thoughout the net, http://www.ip2location.com/

That's true, I know

But the big-brother sensation is never good...

And I didn't like the fact GB published this info as news... Everybody here knows who GB pointed as "liar" to international media...

Well, moving on...

Archived