The World Cups to come.....

Well, the point is there is the infrastructure (and pretty much everything else) in place for the next World Cup in the US whenever FIFA deigns to assign it.  THat's all.

Spain has also the infraestructure: WE PLAY FOOTBALL ALL THE YEAR and the Spanish League is one of the most famous. :upside:

What do you think: Beckham prefers playing in 2018 in England, his home, or in the USA?? :wink:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spain has also the infraestructure: WE PLAY FOOTBALL ALL THE YEAR and the Spanish League is one of the most famous. :upside:

What do you think: Beckham prefers playing in 2018 in England, his home, or in the USA?? :wink:

Nobody said Spain didn't have the infrastructure but why do you keep saying Spain?  It's Germany's turn next year.  THe next time the Games return to Europe, OK granted 2018  or 2022, then England wants it -- and by that time, Spain's stadia would've been outdated, Mikel.  

WHy do you keep inserting Spain when not even the Spanish Soccer Association or whatever it is, believes it's Spain's turn?  Are you hard of hearing or you just want to join the Istanbul Committee?

Calm down baron, you have to understand the real situattion about the 1994 WC, and why FIFA take the CUP to USA.

-The FIFA take the WC to USA with so many conditions, and for Thrillos also, it wasnt so easy to use the American Football  stadiums, the FIFA put strict conditions about the fields, and the size of it.

-The WC was a succes talking about $$$, but it only made bigger the problem from itally 90, the level of soccer was preety lame, and preety lousy, this is not my opinion, its the opinion of a lot of  soccer experts.

-The weather conditions in USA during the WC were something that a lot of players all still complaining about..you know..a lot of sun and no roof in some stadiums..

-Is not easy as..we have 10 NFL stadiums, lets use it for SOCCER..no..THE FIFA is too strict about artificial field, and its  not a surprise that they are also in the field size.

-The MLS exists now because FIFA put their intentions in USA, thanks to the FIFA, not to the USA.

-The USA is never going to win a WC..at least not in the next 20 years..no.. no..soccer doesnt works in that way..the better team is not always the winner, you need a lot of luck, and public support, is just not possible to see wining the USA.

-Jlo singing in the 94 OC was horrible!.

-i can continue, because i know about soccer!!..Baron plz..dont talk about something so complicated as soccer..you need to UNDERSTAND it..not just watch it, i have grown in a country watching soccer with my dad and brother every weekend..i have gone to the stadium, and i wear my soccer t-shirt with pride and honor,..that is something you will never understand.

:)

WHy do you keep inserting Spain when not even the Spanish Soccer Association or whatever it is, believes it's Spain's turn?  Are you hard of hearing or you just want to join the Istanbul Committee?

Oh! That's funny  :D

Well, I don't want to fight more with Baron. I know US will host again before 2050 without doubts. I just said that, for 2018, I don't think IS the time for the US. US isn't more important than England, Brazil or Spain, countries with traditional football and they didn't host twice... Why should US?. I think the time for the US will be in 2022 if the continental rotation works as we are thinking: Southamerica 2014, Europe 2018 and Other 2022.

Baron...give to the rest of the world the FIFA World Cup... you have your own football and its own World Cup (if it exist)all the time...  :grinning:

Calm down baron, you have to understand the real situattion about the 1994 WC, and why FIFA take the CUP to USA.

-The FIFA take the WC to USA with so many conditions, and for Thrillos also, it wasnt so easy to use the American Football  stadiums, the FIFA put strict conditions about the fields, and the size of it.

-The WC was a succes talking about $$$, but it only made bigger the problem from itally 90, the level of soccer was preety lame, and preety lousy, this is not my opinion, its the opinion of a lot of  soccer experts.

-The weather conditions in USA during the WC were something that a lot of players all still complaining about..you know..a lot of sun and no roof in some stadiums..

-Is not easy as..we have 10 NFL stadiums, lets use it for SOCCER..no..THE FIFA is too strict about artificial field, and its  not a surprise that they are also in the field size.

-The MLS exists now because FIFA put their intentions in USA, thanks to the FIFA, not to the USA.

-The USA is never going to win a WC..at least not in the next 20 years..no.. no..soccer doesnt works in that way..the better team is not always the winner, you need a lot of luck, and public support, is just not possible to see wining the USA.

-Jlo singing in the 94 OC was horrible!.

-i can continue, because i know about soccer!!..Baron plz..dont talk about something so complicated as soccer..you need to UNDERSTAND it..not just watch it, i have grown in a country watching soccer with my dad and brother every weekend..i have gone to the stadium, and i wear my soccer t-shirt with pride and honor,..that is something you will never understand.

:)

@Mexico

I've played/watched soccer since I was 6 years old, I stopped while in High School because I wasn't good enough for the school team.  But that didn't stop me from watching the sport. I've followed most of the World Cups/Euros/Champions Leagues/UEFA Cups in my lifetime and follow the A' Ethiniki (Greece) religiously; Olympiakos Pireaus FC being the team I support.  But because my birth certificate says State of Pennsylvania & United States of America means that I don't comprehend what goes on during a soccer game; at least according to your descriptions.

Just because I'm an American or Baron isn't an American means that we don't know what a soccer game is about or what goes on during one.

FYI:  Most of those stadiums I posted earlier were either stadiums used in the World Cup 1994 & Womens World Cup 2003 or have hosted friendlies between European club teams. But you should know that since you grew up in a country watching soccer. Right?

thrillos:

i was talking to baron, and he actually admitted that he didnt understand soccer.:S

Liar!  I said I do not understand American football (& have no great interest in it) -- not soccer.  

Why do they let lying minors into this place?  :rolleyes:

My fault..i offer an apologize :blush:

Well, the point is there is the infrastructure (and pretty much everything else) in place for the next World Cup in the US whenever FIFA deigns to assign it.  THat's all.

Baron, yo didnt understand..FIFA is not about money, they already have the money, and of course they care about the venues but thats have been a problem in a WC.

Worl Cup bids are different from Olympic bids, FIFA has a lot of sentimental reasons, they are not just about money like the IOC.

From everything else, im sure that USA can host an incredible WC, but why are the sentimentall reasons to host!!.¿money?..every WC is redituable. :)

well, mex,  FIFA sure didn't blink an eye when China could not keep its pledge to host the 2003 Women's World Cup a few months before the event; and so FIFA came running back to the athletically-impaired USA for a hastily-put-together meet?  I mean, the pangs of regret FIFA must've suffered in that decision.  

This sporting crap u & Mikel spout is just bullsh*t!!  The US is #10, for God's sakes.  There are 193 OTHER countries behind it; including Italy AND Greece.  South Africa, host for 2010, is #39.  So what are you babbling about?  

Enough w/ these minus-20 somethings!!  :angry:

well..Mexico is in 6th place in FIFA ranking!!.xD

Everyone knows that the FIFA ranking is not real, i mean Czech Republic #2?..cmon!!..and spain never wins nothing..so the ranking is not for been taken seriously.

cal down baron...this is just an internet board.

See? With Canada at 85th. place and some of us want to see the country to host a World Cup, this kind of argument for and against the idea will come up here.

Oh! That's funny  :D

Well, I don't want to fight more with Baron. I know US will host again before 2050 without doubts. I just said that, for 2018, I don't think IS the time for the US. US isn't more important than England, Brazil or Spain, countries with traditional football and they didn't host twice... Why should US?. I think the time for the US will be in 2022 if the continental rotation works as we are thinking: Southamerica 2014, Europe 2018 and Other 2022.

Baron...give to the rest of the world the FIFA World Cup... you have your own football and its own World Cup (if it exist)all the time...  :grinning:

I tottaly agree with you: and 2022 I think will go for China or Australia.

Spain is waiting its time: in 2026, because the centennial I think will be in Uruguay.

How the hell can you say some places have a greater passion or play "real" football ... its totally subjective ... i know in my country the prefered place to watch sport in on your arse in front of the tv ... doesn't mean we love it less than anyone else ... that's the biggest load of wankerous crap i've heard on these boards since the Greeks forgot to take their ridalin this time last year.

And who ever said Mexico was financially sound and told me i didnt know shite.... 64th richest country in the world... Greenland and Botswana are better off. Mexico is in no position to pour billions into renovating its delapadated stadiums and building new ones. Feed your people first.

I tottaly agree with you: and 2022 I think will go for China or Australia.

Spain is waiting its time: in 2026, because the centennial I think will be in Uruguay.

Uhmmm...yeah.  Uruguay.  A country of 3,400,000; one major city - Montevideo, to host 32 teams over 35 days, requiring at least 8 major stadia, etc., etc.,   :rolleyes:    Yeah, I guess they could do it -- if they didn't eat for the next 100 years!!  :laughlong:

Uhmmm...Centennial - 2026?  Yeah; the World Cup started in 1930.  :laughlong:  

So, Mikel - are you going to be a consultant for future World Cup and Olympic Organizing Committees?  You would be perfect since at 22, you haven't been to one nor have been part of one, but you know everything there is about geopolitics, logistics, centennials, economics, diplomacy, etc.,  I would say, Rogge and Blatter, get out!  Mikel of Madrid would be perfect for your jobs!!

How the hell can you say some places have a greater passion or play "real" football ... its totally subjective

Yes, to some extent and I know there's no real way of measuring passion but I don't think you can compare places like the USA, Japan, China, Australia with the traditional fooballing nations....at least not at the moment.

Why is Spain always such a failure in the World Cup?

So much is expected and they deliver so little? :(

How the hell can you say some places have a greater passion or play "real" football ... its totally subjective ... i know in my country the prefered place to watch sport in on your arse in front of the tv ... doesn't mean we love it less than anyone else ... that's the biggest load of wankerous crap i've heard on these boards since the Greeks forgot to take their ridalin this time last year.

And who ever said Mexico was financially sound and told me i didnt know shite.... 64th richest country in the world... Greenland and Botswana are better off. Mexico is in no position to pour billions into renovating its delapadated stadiums and building new ones. Feed your people first.

You dont know a ####...private founds for soccer in Mexico are billions.

Im not talking about the goverment..why is the goverment going to put money on stadiums..FMF has enough money and they have enough investors to renovate all the stadiums.

her I found a logo.. for the WC in South-africa... is this the real logo??

2010logo.jpg

WORLD CUP 2010 WILL BE IN South Africa

Vote result:

1. South Africa: 14 voices

2. Morocco: 10 voices

3. Egypt: ZERO voice.

this was the logo of the Morocco - bid

logo2.gif

Im not talking about the goverment..why is the goverment going to put money on stadiums..FMF has enough money and they have enough investors to renovate all the stadiums.

Money should be put to feed and educate their people so they won't have to come to the USA for a better life! :(

What do you think of a President(Fox), who encourages his own people to leave their country because his goverment is so corrupt and can't provide a better standard of living for its citizens.

What a LOSER! :D  :unclesam:

Why is Spain always such a failure in the World Cup?

So much is expected and they deliver so little? :(

Spain had a good process until they play against South Korea in Quarterfinals, but they had an awful referee...and... oh! surprise... Korea, the locals, won... they haven't won a single match in the history of the WC, and they reach to the 4th place... Also, they won against Italy... cheating too...

Anyway... I know Mexico have a lot of problems, but it is incredible how the football is the biggest market in all the country. The problem with Uruguay is that is a small country... There haven't another city to host than Montevideo, but I wouldn't say that they will be poor for the next 100 years if they organize the cup.

I have never seen this logo of South Africa... at least, the logo bid was this:

wc2010b5.jpg

The other bids:

wc2010b1.jpg

wc2010b2.jpg

wc2010b3.gif

wc2010b6.gif

My favourite WC bid logo:

wc2006b4.jpg

Uhm, Mexico hosted the WC twice: in 1970 and 1986 and were two of the best WC ever.... the USA only hosted one.... :glare:  :sleepy:  In Mexico at least in the WC is played REAL football, not COMMERCIAL football like in 1994 and 2002... :upside:

Money should be put to feed and educate their people so they won't have to come to the USA for a better life! :(

What do you think of a President(Fox), who encourages his own people to leave their country because his goverment is so corrupt and can't provide a better standard of living for its citizens.

What an ignorant comment.

Of course there is poor people in Mexico, but talking about a WC or Olympics there would be Private money..of curse we have money.

Mexico is corrupt and Fox is an idiot, but what can i do?..NOTHING..

Uhm, Mexico hosted the WC twice: in 1970 and 1986 and were two of the best WC ever.... the USA only hosted one.... :glare:  :sleepy:  In Mexico at least in the WC is played REAL football, not COMMERCIAL football like in 1994 and 2002... :upside:

What exactly do you mean by commercial football?

World Cup USA 1994 was a resounding success.

I went to 4 games including the final in Pasedena, and the crowds, atmoshere was incredible. FIFA also made tons on money with USA 1994.

What can you tell me about La Copa en Espana 1982; were you there? :)  :unclesam:

What an ignorant comment.

Of course there is poor people in Mexico, but talking about a WC or Olympics there would be Private money..of curse we have money.

Mexico is corrupt and Fox is an idiot, but what can i do?..NOTHING..

In other words a World Cup or an Olympics would be all privately financed and no govenment money would be needed?

Private funds would be used to improve roads, airports, etc? ???

Do you really believe that is possible especially in a poor country?

You are the ignorant one!!!! :D

Archived