Decision Day...what You Need To Know.

Kenadian

Who will it be?

final-fourolympiccities.jpg

Don't miss the presentations and the decision! Live from Copenhagen.

Schedule in PDF format

The announcement of the host of the Games of the XXXI Olympiad will be on Friday, October 2 just after 18:30/6:30PM local time in Copenhagen.

For those in the candidate cities, that is...

1:30AM on Saturday in Tokyo

6:30PM in Madrid

1:30PM in Rio de Janeiro

11:30AM in Chicago

For those in the Olympic family cities or popular Gamesbidder locations...

2:30AM on Saturday in Sydney

8:30PM in Sochi

5:30PM in London

12:30PM in Toronto/New York

9:30 in Vancouver

Now, anyone know if the IOC will be supplying a live web feed of the proceedings again? Share the link here!

Gosh,I can't believe that it is just a week away before the 2016 host is chosen! It seems only 5 minutes since I sat glued to the set for the 2012 announcement from Singapore! Where does the time go?? :blink:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed we will get at least the same coverage as we did back then.No matter how predictable you may think the outcome,there's nothing quite like that breath-holding moment when Jacques Rogge fumbles with his big envelope just to keep us all sweating that little bit longer and then makes his long,drawn out momentous announcement in those grave Belgian tones,"I have the honour to announce that the host for the Thirty-First Olympiad in 2016 will be......!!!!"

You just can't beat it!! :P

Does anyone know if they allow live feeds of the final presentations?

I know the news conferences and voting will be live.

Final Presentation, vote session and annoucement will be live on IOC website.

But not the press conferences of each cities, are they are held at the same time as the next presentation

Good hours for me and calculating an half hour delay in these things it would be around 7.00pm and later. Perfetto. :)

The annoucement is scheduled between 6:30 & 7:00. Not sure, they will have a delay, as the voting session start at 4:00 with the Evaluation Commission presentation and is scheduled to finish at 5:40. So even if they have 30 minutes delays, still time to change of room and get ready for 6:30 ! As for an opening ceremony it is crucial to be on time as broadcasters allaround the world are waiting for it !!!!

The annoucement is scheduled between 6:30 & 7:00. Not sure, they will have a delay, as the voting session start at 4:00 with the Evaluation Commission presentation and is scheduled to finish at 5:40. So even if they have 30 minutes delays, still time to change of room and get ready for 6:30 ! As for an opening ceremony it is crucial to be on time as broadcasters allaround the world are waiting for it !!!!

It's only my guess based on general delays usually undergone in this kind of meetings. If I remember well, the 2012 announcement went way later than time scheduled.

It's only my guess based on general delays usually undergone in this kind of meetings. If I remember well, the 2012 announcement went way later than time scheduled.

In 2005, the annoucement was schedule to start at 13h30 (Paris time : minus 6h from Singapore if i'm right)... it just start with a few seconds late.. and after hymn, speeches, ... Rogge made the annoucement at 13h49....

All the process (hymn, speeches, annoucements, photos & signatures) are due to last 30 minutes... from 18h30 to 19h00 (Copenhagen time))

Congrats to London! Wise choice for 2012. Not all the Brits are like you, thank god, and I love many things in UK...

But I'm sure you'll be, at least, very disappointed if Rio wins...

PS: For Brazilians, call us "kids", "boy" is not offensive... Chicken also doesn't work for us, maybe for you... Chicken - nice nickname for you

This is an interesting article that mentions, among other things, what happens in the event of a tie in the final round. Apparently Rogge is not compelled to break the tie himself. He can also request that the executive board break the tie. (Definitely the safer choice, in my opinion.)

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/20...152673546_x.htm

Archived