Tokyo 2016 Last Sput !

Guest TOKYO!

It does seem lackluster. The people watching the parade doesn't seem to be very excited to me ^^' Perhaps the pics are just to small?

they're asians.

come on. so just because we put some naked womans dancing samba to show how excited we're don't means that other cultures should do the same.

They're showing their support the way the feel like doing.

You two ****** above sound like those arrogant americans. Come on. Don't act like douches just because you want to watch the OG in one of our cities..

they're asians.

come on. so just because we put some naked womans dancing samba to show how excited we're don't means that other cultures should do the same.

They're showing their support the way the feel like doing.

You two ****** above sound like those arrogant americans. Come on. Don't act like douches just because you want to watch the OG in one of our cities..

:huh:

Well, to be honest, I've always been pissed when people said Tokyo would make boring games. I find this a major misjudgement. People have no idea how fun to be around the japanese can be. And just because they're asian, extremely polite and well-behaved, that doesn't mean they need to be there stading. The people on the open cars looke thrilled and passionate, but those watching them sadly don't. Clapping and cheering is enough for me, no need for naked women at this time. I was just stating what I think about the pictures. =]

It's important to understand different cultures behave differently to things!!!

The Japanese are often stereotyped as quite reserved and at a parade like in the pictures, it is understandable that they would be quite reserved.

I also cannot understand people saying a Tokyo games would be boring - too me it would be highly futuristic and forward thinking!!!!

God, that's one race-sensitive guy

Yes, but everytime I see one on the TV he's white, I wonder where the blacks and latinos are hiding. Ok, I know, some of them aren't white, but the vast majority of them are. Like you say, I'm just stating facts. That doesn't make me a bigot.

And if you're going to be offended by that, stop complaining when a Brazilian don't like your comments about favelas :P

If I were an IOC voter, the only thing Tokyo organizers could promiss me to make me vote for them was to have Pikachu as mascot. :lol:

If I were an IOC voter, the only thing Tokyo organizers could promiss me to make me vote for them was to have Pikachu as mascot. :lol:

Yes, and if they carry those pikachu too to Copenhagen, the old IOC members will really apreciate.

OgAAACq9nN9uL0Gcu_panDCcxtQ0QdKz4wHSd9KsPiDaGe9V28kuti5bHvFrEclD6MBy_zhPQyuPlaiaShqF_XH2xj4Am1T1UGxTYG3BDIUBIptZEXF_d1t2wfwb.jpg

cc09_jessica-nigri_pikachu_007.jpg

Tokyo isn't boring. Japanese, like all asian are pretty reserved but still supportive. We are not as loud and crazy as you Brazilian go for Carnival or a socccer match. Even Seoul, Beijing and Singapore, they didn't crazed people jumping around for their bids. I think Tokyo will be heading for those big gatherings that Singapore & Beijing had at the night of the announcement. Tokyo, like other Asian cities are seen as unique and extrotic, a reason why the IOC have given 5 games to the Asians in the fourty years.

And for those of you, who narrow-mindedly think the Japanese are Boring... you obiviousily haven't seen Japanese culture. Yes, there more to it that sushi. Tokyo has a just a big nightlife if not more than Rio, have you seen Shibuya or Ginza at 2am before ? The Japs are probably number one when it come to innovation. Like at their snacks, inventions and even toys. I don't it was a Brazilian that gave the world Capule Hotels and Cup noodles...

Archived