The Final Week

Bezzi, mon ami, u r so :lol:

P.S. Just checked...Spain is NOT in the G20!!

Where are those boastful Spaniards calling Spain's economy is #10 or 11? Maybe it's actually #21 or #22!!

Well Vietnam isn't in there either, Nigeria and Egypt aren't as well. Spain is represented by the EU.

I think it makes sense for representatives of the various bids to get in as much lobbying as they can -- particularly since the IOC session itself will not allow many opportunities.

I does surprise me a little that Lula would travel so far in advance. However, I think this is more likely to help Rio than to hurt them. It's just amazing to me that a head of state is able to spare that much time.

It can be some strategy in opposing the Obama quick trip...

Showing IOC he, Lula, is full committed with Olympic moviment and Rio olympic bid...

I don't know if this can work... but it's a bet made by Lula...

i honestly dont blv Obama and I dont think he'll be makeing such an impact. His speeches are boring with no wxcitement..

He may be a bit bland when responding to reporters about the G20 summit, but he's not boring at all when he's campaigning. Chicago 2016 would be a campaign. Plus, the buzz alone is enough to inject excitement.

So what do you suggest? They take a glider? :huh:

I'm sure all the bid cities will charter planes to Copenhagen. It's so obvious how you are trying to turn even the smallest of details into a jab at Chicago.

I can assure you I would criticise supporters of any city if they were to take a transatlantic flights for what I judge to be unimportant purposes.

Unfortunately, sustainability and the concept of a greener way of life are in the bid books but still not in people's mind.

Maybe we'll just have to wait for another meeting in Copenhagen.

That's all I meant to say. No specific criticism on Chicago, it just happened that this report I quoted was about them.

If those people flying to Denmark are going on business or anything like that, which was not in the text, I take my statements back and, please, do accept my apologies.

Archived