The Final Week

Hundreds Of Supporters To Fly On Airline Chartered By Chicago 2016

Hundreds of Chicago 2016 supporters will be travelling to Copenhagen for the 2016 host city vote on a Boeing 747 plane featuring the Chicago 2016 logo.

Chicago 2016 has teamed up with United Airlines for the charter flight.

Patrick G. Ryan, chairman and CEO of Chicago 2016 said, "with just seven days to go until the final decision, we appreciate everyone's support and are honoured that so many Chicagoans are travelling with us to Copenhagen for the big day. It is the enthusiasm of everyone in Chicago that makes this time in Chicago's history so exciting. We thank United Airlines for being such a valuable partner in our efforts".

On board the airline will be Chicago 2016 supporters, athletes, committee members, media, staff and others. Chicago 2016 sold packages, including travel, accommodations and cultural events, for those wishing to attend to show their support for Chicago's bid.

Perhaps they think bickering can give them that one last push they need to Copenhagen.

Stop telling people to chill!

Lula made a racist statement. Certain forum members are deluded and are trying to justify it. I am going on about it because they keep quoting me!

And don't associate me with that idiot Lula. Brazilian forum members accuse people of being prejudice more than any other group! Not every forum member but a lot of them. My point is that it is Brazilian people who are defending Lula when he is clearly out of order, but yet they moan when other people say anything against Rio!

I'm not wanting to argue with anyone!!!

However, this is my point: you are saying that Lula says a lot of silly things. He should be held accountable. He said a racist statement whether you like it or not. Blaming only white people for the financial crisis is racist as it is not rooted in fact but rather ignorance!!!

Anyway, I am not a banker but rather just someone who is commenting on a forum about a remark Lula said. I'm not mad at all but when people justify Lula, it is silly!

One week! I can't wait :wacko:

Bezzi, you have a typical case of extreme over-excitement. Do you think your heart can take it if Rio gets elected? :o

After successfully replacing the G8 by the G20, Lula is going immediately to Copenhagen this Friday.

Someone is smoking a little too much of the Lula pipe. Are you honestly deluded enough to like Lula signal handedly did anything to bring the G20 to prominence. Two issues were at play, trying to reduce Russian influence by increase members friendly to the US and giving concessions to China to make them fell more responsible on the global stage. And the G20 has not replaced the G8, the G8 is still there and will continue to be there. The G20 was advanced by the US and other members of the G8 so that the G8 would not have to be enlarged further.

Someone is smoking a little too much of the Lula pipe. Are you honestly deluded enough to like Lula signal handedly did anything to bring the G20 to prominence. Two issues were at play, trying to reduce Russian influence by increase members friendly to the US and giving concessions to China to make them fell more responsible on the global stage. And the G20 has not replaced the G8, the G8 is still there and will continue to be there. The G20 was advanced by the US and other members of the G8 so that the G8 would not have to be enlarged further.

And if I read it right, the G20 will primarily be an economic forum...to make sure the world's economy is in sync...so hopefully to forestall another scenario like what happened last year.

G8 will continue to tackle SECURITY and other issues.

Bezzi, you have a typical case of extreme over-excitement. Do you think your heart can take it if Rio gets elected? :o

I don't know. Figure the shock. Two and a half hours of waiting after the presetations, so finally came Mr Jaques Rogge with the envelope in hands. He start to spech. The suspense increases. Then he slowly start to pull the card from the envelope. No matter the name inside it, i will die before know if my city will host the games. If i suvive, i will die again if he say "Rio de Janeiro". I'm planing go travel next thursday to a isolated farm, without tv or internet, and back to city one week later. So i will open gamesbids and find who won. The impact will be less.

I don't know. Figure the shock. Two and a half hours of waiting after the presetations, so finally came Mr Jaques Rogge with the envelope in hands. He start to spech. The suspense increases. Then he slowly start to pull the card from the envelope. No matter the name inside it, i will die before know if my city will host the games. If i suvive, i will die again if he say "Rio de Janeiro". I'm planing go travel next thursday to a isolated farm, without tv or internet, and back to city one week later. So i will open gamesbids and find who won. The impact will be less.

Bezzi, mon ami, u r so :lol:

P.S. Just checked...Spain is NOT in the G20!!

Where are those boastful Spaniards calling Spain's economy is #10 or 11? Maybe it's actually #21 or #22!!

With Lula going so early, he will tire out the IOC members. Plus, I have to now question why a "world power leader" would spend a whole week in a foreign country lobbying for one city.

He will be old news once the O's arrive...

Hundreds Of Supporters To Fly On Airline Chartered By Chicago 2016

Hundreds of Chicago 2016 supporters will be travelling to Copenhagen for the 2016 host city vote on a Boeing 747 plane featuring the Chicago 2016 logo.

Chicago 2016 has teamed up with United Airlines for the charter flight.

Patrick G. Ryan, chairman and CEO of Chicago 2016 said, "with just seven days to go until the final decision, we appreciate everyone's support and are honoured that so many Chicagoans are travelling with us to Copenhagen for the big day. It is the enthusiasm of everyone in Chicago that makes this time in Chicago's history so exciting. We thank United Airlines for being such a valuable partner in our efforts".

On board the airline will be Chicago 2016 supporters, athletes, committee members, media, staff and others. Chicago 2016 sold packages, including travel, accommodations and cultural events, for those wishing to attend to show their support for Chicago's bid.

Very nice, but not too environmentally friendly, I reckon.

Who cares? What's one charter flight out of THOUSANDS of daily commercial flights around the globe? :rolleyes:

What about the hundreds of charter flights to Mecca or the countless ones for next year's World Cup ? Those are environmentally friendly?

Stupid comment, Ken.

With Lula going so early, he will tire out the IOC members. Plus, I have to now question why a "world power leader" would spend a whole week in a foreign country lobbying for one city.

He will be old news once the O's arrive...

I agree. That's not very good strategy on his part.

So what do you suggest? They take a glider? :huh:

I'm sure all the bid cities will charter planes to Copenhagen. It's so obvious how you are trying to turn even the smallest of details into a jab at Chicago.

Archived