Live Tv Coverage

Soaring

FOR INFO ON LIVE TV COVERAGE FROM CHICAGO - OCTOBER 2ND

http://chicago2016supporters.wordpress.com...-in-copenhagen/

I will update this page if I receive additional information.

It will be also live on the IOC website (presentations & host city announcement).

Do WGN-TV and WGN America do separate programming schedules? According to an e-mail I sent WGN America, their coverage will begin at 11 AM Central time.

The two are connected, but WGN-TV and WGN-America have separate programming schedules. WGN-TV will most likely have more live coverage than WGN America.

I know that ABC 7 will start broadcasting live at 1:45am

Yep WLS Channel 7 will be doing live coverage of Chicago's final presentatoon starting at 1:45am on Friday Morning which I will stay up to see. They will also have the press conference following Chicago's presentation. Then they will be doing extensive coverage with their morning newscasts, starting at 5am.

WBBM, WMAQ, and WGN are all showing the presentation too I believe.

Most of them will have continuous coverage starting at 9am up until the winner is announced.

If the IOC vote were just a bit later in the day I'd definitely go downtown to where I'm sure they'll have something set up for people to watch the final announcement of who won. I'd love to see it down there in person. We'll see, I keep going back and forth on this. Right now though leaning toward just watching at home on TV.

Good luck to ALL 4 cities!! Geeeez that few seconds between when Rogge says "The International Olympic Committee awards the Games of the 2016 Olympics to..." and who won will feel a LOT longer than just a few seconds that's for sure!

They may feature the announcement of the winner, but I don't expect much more than that. It also depends on the other news of the day.

I remember when London won, it was big news, but it did not consume the national media. I don't expect Chicago to garner much more coverage.

The TODAY show will probably feature news on the vote, and presentations, as it did have coverage when the USOC chose Chicago over LA as the U.S. bid.

I remember CNN doing pretty good coverage of the votes for Beijing and London with MSNBC only coming in at the end. If Chicago is still viable in rounds 2 or 3, especially if it does come down to Rio/Chicago, the coverage picks up big time. Figure all the big news networks will at least cover the election announcement.

Archived