Barack Obama Will Be In Copenhagen

Soaring

BREAKING NEWS

Source -- Obama to Copenhagen for Chicago Olympic Bid

9/24/2009

(ATR) U.S. President Barack Obama will travel to Copenhagen next week to support the Chicago bid for the 2016 Olympics, a source familiar with planning for the IOC meeting tells Around the Rings.

http://www.aroundtherings.com/articles/view.aspx?id=33257

For real? Wow! I wonder how that will change the race, if at all. Surely anti-American sentiment in the international community has faded since Bush left office, but has Obama faded it enough?

Does this mean Michelle's still going, and will one or both of the Obamas be a part of the final presentation?

Michelle will still be leading the delegation. I am not sure what Obama's exact role will be, he may not speak before the IOC, but just show up on October 1st to do some personal lobbying.

The White House has not confirmed these reports yet.

As many of you know, I had my serious doubts, but it seems like he truly is dedicated to Chicago's bid.

I will hold my breath until the White House announces it (probably after the G20).

Yeah, right now for the next 2 or 3 days, the focus is the G20. So wait for Sunday or Monday to move into the Copenhagen mode. Plus, that Sen Olympia Snowe might finally decide when to compromise or cave in on the HC bill so that the bipartisan Committee in the Senate can get the issue moving forward.

Well, the White House still hasn't officially announced whether he's going to be there or not, but I know this much. The mystery and suspense of "Will he be there or not?" is definitely a good thing for Chicago right now. It's drawing attention to the bid and yes I do agree Chicago seems to really have the momentum right now. All Chicago needs to do now is get through these next few days in good shape and then hopefully they will officially announce he will be in Copenhagen on Friday.

My nightmare came true....

It will be so difficult for Rio... we will see if the English lobbyers are still so good.... and in case of victory it will be even better !!!!!!!!!

Good luck to all !

My only satisfaction would be to see him live !!!

I think so. But why does it feel like London-Paris 2005 all over again? :blink:

Yes as much close as the final result of London/Paris 2005 (even if we didnot expected it so close...) but this time in both way...

- Chicago favourite (because of Obama) to lose against Rio !!!!

- Rio favourite (because of 1st Games in South America) to lose against Chicago .........

Yes as much close as the final result of London/Paris 2005 (even if we didnot expected it so close...) but this time in both way...

- Chicago favourite (because of Obama) to lose against Rio !!!!

- Rio favourite (because of 1st Games in South America) to lose against Chicago .........

Danny, I think you've hit on a truly original insight. THERE ARE TWO FAVORITES!

Since "the favorites don't win" maybe we should brace ourselves for a Tokyo upset!

Archived