Roof May Come Off For Olympics!

YellowVest

Wow! This is exciting! The Roof may indeed come off BC Place for the Olympics!

Read this article where they say how they will light the Flame inside the Stadium and still have it visible outside is a closely guarded secret.

Right now, pink coloured cranes are around BC Place and there is currently roof work going on as they are dismantling the ring beam that seals the roof to the structure!

"The issue of how to light the Olympic cauldron inside the stadium and yet allow it to be seen outside is a closely-guarded secret.":

http://www.theprovince.com/Finishing+touch...4406/story.html

I suspect we might get a topless BC Place with an extended brim covering most of the seats.....

You know I've been thinking about that one for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if suddenly we woke up one morning and the fabric roof was gone.

They have told the NOCs and NPCs that inside the stadium it will be 20-21C for the Ceremonies, so the uniforms need to reflect this temprature.

Roof is On

Well, not to mention that the outfits of the thousands of performers and the VIPs are likewise planned for a temperate environment. I mean it's only YellowTowerVest who needs to have HIS roof ripped apart!

• 2 weeks later...

The Ring beam has been dismantled in preparation for a new roof so the Snowmelt system had to be bypassed.

The Snowmelt system involves blowing super heated steam in between the roof linings to melt snow accumulation. The roof is not designed for any snow load.

Those pipes serve as conduits for steam in case snow falls on the roof and they have to activate the Snowmelt system,