Who Isn't Really What They Are Claiming?

ChiTown16

In U.S. politics, it's called Astroturfing (after the fake, plastic turf used on American Football fields - as opposed to the true "grassroots" support) when one side of a campaign creates a fake image of support by paying people to descend on speeches, busing people in from hundreds of kilometers away, being rude during town halls and meetings, screaming and otherwise causing a disruption to try to draw attention to themselves. They also claim inflated numbers for their events (posting photos to claim 2.5 million when less than 80,000 showed, for instance). This has been used throughout the country since the beginning of the year by the Republicans. And more recently in August during the Health Care Reform discussions.

On GamesBids, it appears to be from users claiming to be from where they really aren't (it's pretty clear who isn't really from Chicago and Canada). So, here we go - who do you think isn't really from where they say they are from?

CHItown '16

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said somewhere before, I live in Istanbul! But, just like Mo, I was born in Abuja! :P

ADRIAN UNMASKED.

Adrian has posted the following in multiple threads:

"See the last paragrafo about Chicago bid: "But the city's chances could be hurt by the U.S. Olympic Committee's fights with the IOC over financial matters in the past year, as well as the inability of the federal government to offer a financial guarantee for the Olympics"

When I commented on the fact that his English is poor for a Canadian, he wrote the following:

"I´m from Montreal and my FIRST language is french! Don´t you know that in our State of Quebec we have french language??? You are fool because you don´t consider this!!! tongue.gif"

I countered with the following:

"I'm well aware that French is spoken in Quebec. However, your linguistic mistakes suggest your first language is not French. Instead of "paragraph" you wrote "paragrafo". The French for "paragraph" is "paragraphe". Guess what? "Paragrafo" is PORTUGUESE."

Don't be fooled, friends.

I don't care where Adrian is from...

Baron can be from Phillipines

Feheva can be from Sao Paulo (noboby is perfect)

Adrian can be from Mars...

I really don't care about this...

Adrian is pretending that he is worried about the financial well-being of Chicagoans. He is also pretending that he is just discovering the merits of Rio's bid.

Everyone is entitled to their own view, but no one should rely on deception to undercut the other bids.

His tactics seem a bit desperate...

He we go again! :(

If I were you I would read all the pages (specially from the 3rd) from the following thread so you can se where this kind of comment can lead to...

http://www.gamesbids.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15072

I still have hope! :)

Feheva, I live in Sao Paulo, work with paulistanos and people love to say bullshit about Rio...

Tonight, here in the company I work (Yes, I work during late night), there was a discussion about violence in Rio with all those ridiculous arguments...

It's a everyday joking and discussion.

When I lived in Rio and worked with paulistas, we, cariocas, didn't give a damn for Sao Paulo problems or good things.

Paulistas needs to say bad things about Rio as the Argentine need to say bad things about Brazil everyday... Why??? It's the great mistery of mankind.

Tell me honestly. Do you support Sao Paulo 2020?

Tell me honestly and then I will believe in your hope...

Because my hope in paulistas were gone years ago (with my paulista father and father's family)

ADRIAN UNMASKED.

Adrian has posted the following in multiple threads:

"See the last paragrafo about Chicago bid: "But the city's chances could be hurt by the U.S. Olympic Committee's fights with the IOC over financial matters in the past year, as well as the inability of the federal government to offer a financial guarantee for the Olympics"

When I commented on the fact that his English is poor for a Canadian, he wrote the following:

"I´m from Montreal and my FIRST language is french! Don´t you know that in our State of Quebec we have french language??? You are fool because you don´t consider this!!! tongue.gif"

I countered with the following:

"I'm well aware that French is spoken in Quebec. However, your linguistic mistakes suggest your first language is not French. Instead of "paragraph" you wrote "paragrafo". The French for "paragraph" is "paragraphe". Guess what? "Paragrafo" is PORTUGUESE."

Don't be fooled, friends.

mistakes happen, nd he was trying to type in English, typos are common. Ehh don't really care where this ppl are from, we are all gamesbidders :) like who cares..

this reminds me how that Kaue tried to prove false my dual citizenship, and asured I was Paulista because I was against his annying Rio fanactism Lol

mistakes happen, nd he was trying to type in English, typos are common. Ehh don't really care where this ppl are from, we are all gamesbidders :) like who cares..

this reminds me how that Kaue tried to prove false my dual citizenship, and asured I was Paulista because I was against his annying Rio fanactism Lol

Another good response to people that try to tell about personal life :lol:

Typos ... if you say so.

This thread is about gamesbidders who aren't who they claim to be. If that is of no interest to you, why bother with the thread?

If, however, you are a Brazilian who wants to make Chicago look bad, you should at least be honest about it. Don't pretend you are from Canada so that you seem to be more objective.

Tell me honestly. Do you support Sao Paulo 2020?

No I don't.

If we have to have the SOG, Rio is the best place for that, but I don't support the bid the way it is now. I could if was focused in social improvements.

I also don't support the WC in 2014 the way the plans are.

I also don't support the construction of the aditional lanes by the Tietê and Pinheiros river.

I support any investment in education...

Because my hope in paulistas were gone years ago (with my paulista father and father's family)

Well... I won't waste our time anymore, then... Perhaps you should do the same...

Archived