Why...?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Baloney!

Lula blamed the financial crisis on white people, hence his 'blue eyed crisis' statement. That was a disgusting piece of bigoted racism. I do not need to be a banker to be offended by that.

It just shows how silly Lula is by saying things like that. The world financial system is interconnected to such a degree that everyones actions affect everyone. Why did he not blame the Japanese, Chinese, Indian, African bankers etc. Blaming one ethnic group was a downright lie aimed at appeasing racists like himself.

It's funny, on these forums Brazilians are forever accusing people of being prejudice, yet they are trying to justify Lula's racist rant. Oh, the irony!

Anyway, that is going off topic.

he said blue eyed bankers.

and I'm not supporting rio16.

Don't put me in the same bag as the other brazilians that try to sell Rio as the "wonderful city". I'm against it and against them.

and yes, it was prejudicial. as I said not every banker was white. At least one was black...

and I loved when he said that. everyone loved because unless you're a banker yourself you hate bankers thats why hes the most popular politician in the earth.

and I'm not supporting rio16.

Don't put me in the same bag as the other brazilians that try to sell Rio as the "wonderful city". I'm against it and against them.

and yes, it was prejudicial. as I said not every banker was white. At least one was black...

and I loved when he said that. everyone loved because unless you're a banker yourself you hate bankers thats why hes the most popular politician in the earth.

It appears we sorta agree!

But to say " at least one banker was black......" is a little bit dismissive. We live in a world of 7 billion people - Lula chose to single out one ethnic group (white people) and attack them. He did not attack the various Asian and African and fellow South American bankers who all contributed to the crisis. He did this to get attention and appeasement from fellow bigots who share this horrid views!

Lula is not the most popular politician on earth - Obama is! (and he's no better in my view but that's another story)

It was an unecessary generalization and a badly choice of words, but it wasn't necessairly false. There wasn't much the South American, Asian or African bankers could do after the real state bubble exploded in the US and later spread to Europe. The global economy network it's so complex right now that the crisis spread like fire on dry wood. And the emerging economies were pissed. Like really pissed (can I say that here? o.o) that this happened because it made them spend some of their revenue savings to soften the bump they suffered. Look what The Guardian had to say about it (retrived from here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/mar/2...globalisation):

The attack last week by Brazil's president, Luis da Silva, on "white blue-eyed bankers" revealed a new anger among some of the world's most populous countries at being dragged into a mess not of their making - and a determination to hold the west to account.

India's prime minister will use the summit to challenge what it says is creeping protectionism costing Asian jobs. China will exact more influence over the IMF in return for bailing it out. Chile's Michele Bachelet used a joint appearance with Brown to stress how, unlike Britain, her country saved vast revenues "during the good times" - which it is now having to spend.

Even George Soros, the currency speculator and major Africa donor, yesterday warned that the G20 must insulate developing countries "against a calamity that is not of their making".

It's not something Lula made up. It's the general feeling among the "3rd World". But, as I said, he could have used softer words. After all, as a president, he ought to have someone who looks on his speeches, right?

It was an unecessary generalization and a badly choice of words, but it wasn't necessairly false. There wasn't much the South American, Asian or African bankers could do after the real state bubble exploded in the US and later spread to Europe. The global economy network it's so complex right now that the crisis spread like fire on dry wood. And the emerging economies were pissed. Like really pissed (can I say that here? o.o) that this happened because it made them spend some of their revenue savings to soften the bump they suffered. Look what The Guardian had to say about it (retrived from here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/mar/2...globalisation):

The attack last week by Brazil's president, Luis da Silva, on "white blue-eyed bankers" revealed a new anger among some of the world's most populous countries at being dragged into a mess not of their making - and a determination to hold the west to account.

India's prime minister will use the summit to challenge what it says is creeping protectionism costing Asian jobs. China will exact more influence over the IMF in return for bailing it out. Chile's Michele Bachelet used a joint appearance with Brown to stress how, unlike Britain, her country saved vast revenues "during the good times" - which it is now having to spend.

Even George Soros, the currency speculator and major Africa donor, yesterday warned that the G20 must insulate developing countries "against a calamity that is not of their making".

It's not something Lula made up. It's the general feeling among the "3rd World". But, as I said, he could have used softer words. After all, as a president, he ought to have someone who looks on his speeches, right?

How disgusting to blame one ethnic group!!!!

The world is interconnected - that means that all people play a part in the worlds's financial crisis'!!!!!! Even developing countries have to accept responsibility as if they were not dependent on hand outs they wouldn't be at the mercy of economic down times!!!!!

India, China, Africa are laughable to be blaming "blue-eyed bankers" since if those people did not give those countries trade in the first place then their economies would still be stuck half a century behind the developed world.

Let it be shown that "blue eyed" people or white people give more to charity, aid, third world development, asylum etc than any ethnic group in the world!!!! And people unfairly trying to lay all the blame on white people are nothing but racists!!!

And Lula did make it up - he was being a racist too!!!!!!!!!!

White, African, Asian bankers all contributed to the crisis. How sad that certain people are trying to justify Lula's racism where he targets Caucasian people!!!!!! I doubt Brazil turns away business from the evil white man but yet their president is moaning about white people!!!! Can I get a H.Y.P.O.C.R.I.T.E!!!!

Lula has the intelligence of a bloody carnival clown - and people trying to justify him are just as bad!

ok oak... we get it: you are outraged because he offended some bankers... OK.

he could have used other words but he didn't because the bankers that he offended don't really care if you call their mothers whores, they only care about money.

so don't be a drama queen. Bankers don't need to be defended even if you're doing this just because of an olympic bid...

ok oak... we get it: you are outraged because he offended some bankers... OK.

he could have used other words but he didn't because the bankers that he offended don't really care if you call their mothers whores, they only care about money.

so don't be a drama queen. Bankers don't need to be defended even if you're doing this just because of an olympic bid...

I'm offended because as a white man, Lula is in effect slurring me aswell. The connotations of his racism are far reaching!!!!

Further, certain members here (mainly Brazilian) are trying to justify his racism!!!!! That's why I am offended!!!!!

And mate, don't call me a drama queen for calling out racism!!!! Don't be so indifferent to it!!!

He is not trying to blame an entire ethnic group for the world crisis. To make the begining of my last post even more pronounced, let's say it was a terrible, dreadful, miserable, stupid, unreasonable and every other negative adjetctive you can come up with statement. If you want to believe that he was being bigoted, you are entitled to do so, and I fully respect you opinion. I do believe he was, once again, using a (a very very poor) figure of speach. Lula has a penchant for those, you see. For me, he was talking about all the CEOs, presidents, board members and etc. I do not condone the way he stated his opinion, but I don't think he intended to come across as prejudicial.

And, please do not put his inteligence on the line. One cannont become a workers' union leader, found a political party, be elected president of one of the most complex democracies in the world and be recognized as a great leader if said one is dim-witted. Lula has been recognized as one of the best leaders in the world. He just recieved the Woodrow Wilson Award, for Pete's sake. Oakydoky, I've seen your posts before and realized you are capable of perfectly good argumentation, and I find myself often agreeing with you as I believe you are one reasonable, sensible fellow. But on this matter, I have to disagree with you.

I'm offended because as a white man, Lula is in effect slurring me aswell. The connotations of his racism are far reaching!!!!

Further, certain members here (mainly Brazilian) are trying to justify his racism!!!!! That's why I am offended!!!!!

And mate, don't call me a drama queen for calling out racism!!!! Don't be so indifferent to it!!!

he offend the "blue eyed B A N K E R S".

Please.

If you want I can search and translate more atrocious things Lula has said just for you to use against rio16 but don't try to sound offended because he disrespected some bankers please.

It makes my heard hurt.

He is not trying to blame an entire ethnic group for the world crisis. To make the begining of my last post even more pronounced, let's say it was a terrible, dreadful, miserable, stupid, unreasonable and every other negative adjetctive you can come up with statement. If you want to believe that he was being bigoted, you are entitled to do so, and I fully respect you opinion. I do believe he was, once again, using a (a very very poor) figure of speach. Lula has a penchant for those, you see. For me, he was talking about all the CEOs, presidents, board members and etc. I do not condone the way he stated his opinion, but I don't think he intended to come across as prejudicial.

And, please do not put his inteligence on the line. One cannont become a workers' union leader, found a political party, be elected president of one of the most complex democracies in the world and be recognized as a great leader if said one is dim-witted. Lula has been recognized as one of the best leaders in the world. He just recieved the Woodrow Wilson Award, for Pete's sake. Oakydoky, I've seen your posts before and realized you are capable of perfectly good argumentation, and I find myself often agreeing with you as I believe you are one reasonable, sensible fellow. But on this matter, I have to disagree with you.

I respect your reply!!!

However, saying that "white blue-eyed bakers" are responsible for the financial troubles is not a figure of speech!!! It is a lie which sadly is racist as it specifically targets one ethnic group unfairly. Lula does not condemn African, South American or Asian bankers who also contributed to the crisis which they did!!!!! That is my point!!!! Why would such a lie even form part of Lula's thought process? That's a question we should be asking!

You are saying that you don't think he is bigoted but from those specific words he clearly is - he only condemned white people for goodness sake!!! It is a worry that he is so revered by people when he holds such disgusting (and wrong) views regarding white people!!! I absolutely will question Lula's intelligence if he says such stupid things!!!!

he offend the "blue eyed B A N K E R S".

Please.

If you want I can search and translate more atrocious things Lula has said just for you to use against rio16 but don't try to sound offended because he disrespected some bankers please.

It makes my heard hurt.

Mate, he said white people were responsible for the financial crisis. Only white people. He specifically targeted race!!!! That makes Lula a racist with regards that comment as anyone with more than 2 brain cells can objectively see all ethnic groups played a part in the crisis!!! Yet, he only blames white people!!!!

Stop saying he was only talking about bankers as he was still be racist towards white bankers and no other ethnic group!!!!! It doesn't matter if he was talking about doctors, politicians, receptionists - his phrase was racist!!!!

Can you not understand that?

Do you think it was acceptable for him to racially malign only white bakers?

P.S. You make my head hurt too. You come accross even sillier than that bloody snowman in your signature!!!

Well, then, since we all agree to disagree, can't we just put this matter aside? This Olympic discussion are getting more political by the minute!

Well, then, since we all agree to disagree, can't we just put this matter aside? This Olympic discussion are getting more political by the minute!

I only commented on the issue as someone else brought it up. However, I do feel disappointed that some people are trying to justify Lula's blatant racism!!!

I don't particularly want to discuss it either but if people keep quoting me then I will.

Olympic discussions are indeed political!!!

Yeah, that makes sense. Considering that almost everything techinical-wise that could have been brought up was so an thouroughly discussed, there isn't much to talk about right now rather then the politics behind the choice. But there has to be another subject to be discussed rather then Lula's bigotry and/or poor choice of words.

Yeah, that makes sense. Considering that almost everything techinical-wise that could have been brought up was so an thouroughly discussed, there isn't much to talk about right now rather then the politics behind the choice. But there has to be another subject to be discussed rather then Lula's bigotry and/or poor choice of words.

What suggestions do you have?

Mate, he said white people were responsible for the financial crisis. Only white people. He specifically targeted race!!!! That makes Lula a racist with regards that comment as anyone with more than 2 brain cells can objectively see all ethnic groups played a part in the crisis!!! Yet, he only blames white people!!!!

Stop saying he was only talking about bankers as he was still be racist towards white bankers and no other ethnic group!!!!! It doesn't matter if he was talking about doctors, politicians, receptionists - his phrase was racist!!!!

Can you not understand that?

Do you think it was acceptable for him to racially malign only white bakers?

P.S. You make my head hurt too. You come accross even sillier than that bloody snowman in your signature!!!

Ok lula is racist toward white bankers.. shame on him :lol:

By "wrong", you mean "socially reprovable", not "inaccurate", right?

Because we all know white bankers caused it. It's just not OK to say it.

Go away you little bigot!!!!!

Most sensible people are aware that bankers come in all shapes, sizes and ethnicities.

When Lula racially condemned only white ones he was wrong since other ethnicities also contributed to the crisis too!!!!!

How pathetic of you Lucas to justify racism. If you think only white people were to blame it shows how ignorant you are! You and Lula have a lot in common!!!!

because I share his views...

Sorry.

I wont defend a banker, at least not in this life.

You really are a little bigot!!!!!

Lula specifically targeted white people in his rant and you are agreeing with it!!!

You are pretending you are against bankers but Lula didn't condemn bankers exclusively, he condemned white people for the crisis!

How sad that someone would agree with his views!!!!

You really are a little bigot!!!!!

Lula specifically targeted white people in his rant and you are agreeing with it!!!

You are pretending you are against bankers but Lula didn't condemn bankers exclusively, he condemned white people for the crisis!

How sad that someone would agree with his views!!!!

hahahaha

you're think you can get anything doing this?

Find a quote where he blamed white people for the crisis.

more than half of brazilians considers themselves white. He wouldn't attack the white people and still be popular.

Don't be a drama queen, please. As I said I could find for you some atrocious thing Lula has said in the past for you to use against rio16

Go away you little bigot!!!!!

Most sensible people are aware that bankers come in all shapes, sizes and ethnicities.

When Lula racially condemned only white ones he was wrong since other ethnicities also contributed to the crisis too!!!!!

How pathetic of you Lucas to justify racism. If you think only white people were to blame it shows how ignorant you are! You and Lula have a lot in common!!!!

God, that's one race-sensitive guy

Yes, but everytime I see one on the TV he's white, I wonder where the blacks and latinos are hiding. Ok, I know, some of them aren't white, but the vast majority of them are. Like you say, I'm just stating facts. That doesn't make me a bigot.

And if you're going to be offended by that, stop complaining when a Brazilian don't like your comments about favelas :P

Archived