Why...?

I have a question for all those people who simply has the excuse for DONT MADRID in : london 2012.

Why everyone is saying 2 in a row cant be possible and later they comment this i not good for Annecy or Munich 2018???? It is less important Sochi 2014 that Londodn 2012?????

OR SIMPLY PEOPLE DONT LIKE MADRID CAUSE IT IS POSSIBLE AD WE HAVE THE BEST BID???

people can give opinions , but dont be Hipocrits in theirs thinkings and dont use a thing and defend it in other!

I have said!

SALUDOS!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
THE BEST BID???

BEST BID???? :lol::lol:

The Eval Committee didn't think so. It even says that the present Madrid Org Committee has NO clear idea of what's required for an Olympic Games!!

U don't need us to tell you Tut because you will disagree anyway and just keep it in your head that Madrid is the best when the rest of the world doesn't think so.

BEST BID???? :lol::lol:

The Eval Committee didn't think so. It even says that the present Madrid Org Committee has NO clear idea of what's required for an Olympic Games!!

U don't need us to tell you Tut because you will disagree anyway and just keep it in your head that Madrid is the best when the rest of the world doesn't think so.

U know that they searched smething for apply rotation, a very good bid cant be bad in 4 years, and thefacts is that the problem was a bad understanding of comité and MAdrid and govern have changed a law last week for dedicate to dear comite of evaluation! so if we do that others have to do same or it is not fair cause we wanna games! and we do EVERYTHING

and dont Focus the TOPIC in that focus itin 2018 dont do demagogia!

I have a question for all those people who simply has the excuse for DONT MADRID in : london 2012.

Why everyone is saying 2 in a row cant be possible and later they comment this i not good for Annecy or Munich 2018???? It is less important Sochi 2014 that Londodn 2012?????

OR SIMPLY PEOPLE DONT LIKE MADRID CAUSE IT IS POSSIBLE AD WE HAVE THE BEST BID???

people can give opinions , but dont be Hipocrits in theirs thinkings and dont use a thing and defend it in other!

I have said!

SALUDOS!

Are you Manuel from Fawlty Towers?

http://www.fawltysite.net/manuel.htm

:lol:

There are far fewer places that can realistically host a Winter Olympics. Two European hostings in a row wouldn't be a massive shock if the only alternative is a Korean bid which hasn't convinced the last two times it bid.

The SOGs are a completely different ball game. There's three very good bids outside of Europe competing against Madrid. A Madrid win would therefore be a shock right after London 2012.

There's nothing hypocritical here, just an honest assessment of Madrid's chances. Most Madrid supporters would agree with this assessment, even if they don't like it.

Well 2006 was too in europe and 2014 will be too!

and 2004, and 2012

4 in 10 years is good for Madrid but not fr 2018 come onnnnn!!!

And there are others for Olimpycs winter : OCeania, Chile, Asia...... simply that people is closed and dont wanna recognice!!!

2018 to SOUTH KOREA!

( sure if win a european city , will be a excuse for 2020 Madrid ) Time to time ( tiempo al tempo )

It's not an excuse or opinion. It's solid speculation based on the fact that the same continent has not hosted back to back summer games for decades.

Given that there's three good bids outside of Europe most people, even Madrid supporters, have concluded that this means a Madrid victory is unlikely. Keep believing and keep supporting your bid but nobody here is being hypocritical by pointing out historical trends which don't seem to favour Madrid.

Agree with ROb and Baron on this. The facts are facts. No continent has hosted back-to-back in over a half century, and it is not like Chicago, Rio and Tokyo give a good enough reason for the IOC to choose Madrid.

The only boost Madrid can get at this stage (especially since the evaluation report) is if Samarach dies, and the IOC votes for Madrid out of sympathy. Sorry, but that is really it. I don't hate Madrid, but their bid doesn't excite me.

I'd be careful with phrases like that against the other bids. Since that's one of the arguments used, especially by the Rio supporters, against Chicago's bid, that it's not "exciting". Because who's to say what is exciting or not, since that is a totally subjective area. Each of the 4 cities are exciting in their own way. Now the 'back-to-back same continent' arguments are valid since those are historical facts & are merely being used as a gauge to help determine the ultimate winner.

^^^

Did you read my post FYI?

I said Madrid's bid does not excite me.

I did not say that the city is not exciting, nor did I say that other people do not find their bid/city exciting. Anyway, you can judge people's interest in the cities by the amount of topics and replies for each city section on this forum.

Chicago leads with replies, and is basically tied with Rio on topics. Madrid has less than half the amount of topics and replies, and Tokyo has the least.

This is should not be the sole criteria to judge the bids' interest or excitement levels, but it does say something...

Well, people seem to intertwine the two a lot on here, i.e. city/bid, vice versa.

People against Chicago surely do that. Chicago (the city) is "boring, not exciting". "Chicago's 'bid' is boring & not exciting & offers nothing new to the Olympic movement, yada, yada".

I wasn't necessarily calling you out on anything, but pointing out how other people, particularly the negative Chicago people here, would see it.

They probably have the least risky bid with less to build and less infrastructure to get ready than any of the others. That doesn't mean it's the "best" but many people here wrongly use the word "best" to mean "safest" or "most ready". That way confusion lies.

They probably have the least risky bid with less to build and less infrastructure to get ready than any of the others. That doesn't mean it's the "best" but many people here wrongly use the word "best" to mean "safest" or "most ready". That way confusion lies.

Fully agreed

Seriously, where is written or where in the media (even the spanyard one) is the "Madrid have the best bid"...?

Oakydoky and other who says this never answered me...

Why are you dragging my name into this?

Danny, I aswell as others, have answered you a million times on this issue before, not that we need to justify our opinions to you since you!

When I personally referred to a 'best' bid I made it clear I was talking about it in technical terms as the idea of something being 'best' is highly subjective. I have personally stressed this endlessly.

With regards this topic, Madrid does have nearly 80% of it's venues and infrastructure ready and is more 'Games ready' than ANY of the other cities. That's just a fact!!! To some people like myself, this is an incredible positive element for Madrid!

However, in the grand scheme of things, history has taught us that back to back continents do not host. So, if Madrid were to win it would be a shock for this reason alone! Everyone knows Madrid has an excellent bid and them losing is not a reflection of a poor bid!

As it stands, Chicago and Rio are looking like the two cities to battle it out!

Do your guys remember the doping poll I was conducting? I need your help with the following.....

State all the names of the Japanese athletes who have been caught doping since 1972.

State all the names of the Spanish athletes who have been caught doping since 1972.

State all the names of the Brazilian athletes who have been caught doping since 1972.

State all the names of the American athletes who have been caught doping since 1972.

With regards this topic, Madrid does have nearly 80% of it's venues and infrastructure ready and is more 'Games ready' than ANY of the other cities. That's just a fact!!! To some people like myself, this is an incredible positive element for Madrid!

Rio has 57% of venues already in place but it's the riskiest...

Which means, this 77% Madrid ready venues is not the only thing that counts...

I can see the "Madrid Comitee did not realize what SOG needs" is real big concern, and maybe is fact more important than the 77% venus ready... Which makes Madrid bids, at least in the average with the others...

Rio has 57% of venues already in place but it's the riskiest...

Which means, this 77% Madrid ready venues is not the only thing that counts...

I can see the "Madrid Comitee did not realize what SOG needs" is real big concern, and maybe is fact more important than the 77% venus ready... Which makes Madrid bids, at least in the average with the others...

Danny, you have quoted a tiny little part of my post and proceeded to make a point which, by the way, I do not disagree with!

Technically, Madrid has the strongest bid. But of course, in other areas it may transpire it is weaker etc.

Anyway, back to the topic, Madrid appears unlikely to win based on the continental rotation issue!

Anyway, back to the topic, Madrid appears unlikely to win based on the continental rotation issue!

It seems continental rotation really counts...

Agreed, and that's why Rio and Chicago are frontrunners...

It seems continental rotation really counts...

Agreed, and that's why Rio and Chicago are frontrunners...

Even without the continental rotation issue Rio and Chicago would still be proposing fantastic bids so I don't want it to sound condescending that if they won, it's solely because of a geographical issue. It's not!

However, the 2012 games in London really do affect Madrid's chances more than any of the other bids.

Archived