St. Louis Cardinals

EAST:

Baltimore Orioles

Washington Nationals

Atlanta Braves

Tampa Bay Rays

Florida Marlins

• 2 weeks later...

Why on earth would you have both Chicago teams, both NY teams, both L.A. area teams, and both Washington DC/Baltimore area teams in not only the same league, but the same division? I agree that if a team is for example NL East it should be in the eastern part of the country but spread it out a little bid.

And as a Braves fan I shudder at the thought of Atlanta being in the AL - at least you kept my Astros in the NL.

This is just plain silly. Just forgetting about the history of teams being in the American or National Leagues for decades, now we have to have interleague play all the time with an odd number of teams in each league. Silly, just plain silly.

Ha! I thought this was true I told my partner about this and he was shocked. I guess this just proves how closely I pay attention to baseball. Are they really planning on expanding to 32 teams or is this just another "could happen" thing? lol i would hate to be wrong twice

Ha! I thought this was true I told my partner about this and he was shocked. I guess this just proves how closely I pay attention to baseball. Are they really planning on expanding to 32 teams or is this just another "could happen" thing? lol i would hate to be wrong twice

I've heard no plans from MLB of expansion, though I recall it being discussed in passing a few years ago.

Adding two more teams makes sense at some point. There are a lot of markets that would be great for baseball (Portland, San Antonio, Las Vegas among them), and it would even out the two leagues at 16 apiece.

I was thinking. I'm not sure if this will happen but I changed the realiginment. I put all the Eastern and Western conferences and put together in an NHL and NBA fashion. Take a look at this.

Eastern Conference

Northeast Division

Cincinnati Reds

Cleveland Indians

Milwaukee Brewers

Philadelphia Phillies

Pittsburgh Pirates

Atlantic Division

Boston

Detroit

New York Mets

New York Yankees

Toronto Jays

Southeast Division

Atlanta Braves

Florida Marlins

Kansas City Royals

Tampa Bay Rays

Washington Nationals

Western Conference

Central Division

Baltimore Orioles

Chicago Cubs

Chicago White Sox

St.Louis Cardinals

Minnesota Twins

South West Division

Arizona Diamondbacks

Colorado Rockies

Houston Astros

Texas Rangers

Seattle Mariners

Pacific Division

Los Angelas Angels

Los Angelas Dodgers

Oakland Athletics

San Fransisco Giants

San Diego Padres

Just now saw this topic. I like your idea augie. I have been saying the need to redo the divions in baseball. Every division should have 5 NOT 4 (like the AL West has) or 6 (like the NL Central)

But they have to do it that way, or there would be an odd number of teams in each league, and interleague games would have to be played all year long.

That's just not something the traditionalists at Major League Baseball would want, especially in the late season.

• 1 year later...

But they have to do it that way, or there would be an odd number of teams in each league, and interleague games would have to be played all year long.

That's just not something the traditionalists at Major League Baseball would want, especially in the late season.

Sorry about the realyyyyyyyyyyyyyy late reply

There is an even number of teams 30. 16 in the NL and 14 in AL.

Or what they could do is move say the Rockies the NL West and then bring the Astors over to the NL West

NATIONAL LEAGUE:

EAST:

Atlanta Braves

Florida(Miami) Marlins

Washington Nationals

Philadelphia Phillies

Pittsburgh Pirates

New York Mets(What the heck is a met anyway?)

CENTRAL:

Chicago Cubs

St.Louis Cardinals

Cincinnati Reds

Texas Rangers

Milwaukee Brewers

WEST:

Los Angeles Dodgers

Arizona Diamondbacks

San Francisco Giants

San Diego Padres

Colorado Rockies

AMERICAN LEAGUE:

WEST:

Kansas City

Oakland Athletics

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim(in Spanish, it is Los Angeles Angeles de Anaheim... Hilarious! :lol: :lol: )

Seattle Mariners

CENTRAL:

Detroit Tigers

Toronto Blue Jays

Boston Red Sox

Chicago White Sox

Minnesota Twins

EAST:

Tampa Bay Rays

Cleveland Indians

New York Yankees

Baltimore Orioles

Houston Astros(screw the geography, a flight is a flight)

I think these are some balanced divisions. Just switching the Astros and the Rangers, and putting my Tigers with those dang Blue Jays, and the Red Sox.

Archived