Gold Coast 2018

Interesting to attach one failed proposal for the logo , not sure if it was an official entrant or just an amateur effort.

cfdee85db9b0cf525322f53ec75a358a.jpg

Not a bad effort, abit too yellowish and Christchurchish for my liking though.

• Like 2

Interesting to attach one failed proposal for the logo , not sure if it was an official entrant or just an amateur effort.

Apart from the sun, I cant find anything else in the logo. And you're right mattygs, to Christchurchish and very '70s. The CWGs have long jump past this style and format.

I think shades of Victoria 94 in that one aswell. Im guessing that it all represents a bunch of medals and a V for victory, which obviously was the basis of the nice logo the Canadians came up with for 94.

1974-Commonwealth-Games.jpg

Christchurch 74

Victoria+Commonwealth+Games.jpg

Victoria 94

Christchurch's logo has now moved into a fokelore status for most NZers today, GenYers wear the symbol on t-shirts and have no idea what it truly means.

Victoria '94s logo was just plain cheap (just like the games themselves) and pretty much meant an end of an era.

Nice logo... A very good way to resume Gold Coast in a single logo!

Apart from me...Anyone else here actually been to the Gold Coast???? :huh:

Yeah, I was last there in may 11. I usually make yearly trips to Brisbane, but it's a toss up if I end up making it to the Gold Coast for a bit during the visit. I just have more friends in Brisbane, and to be honest, like the city a lot more.

New Zealand's holiday park up untill a few years ago. Have been three times direct when Freedom Air was operating to Coolangatta. Twice as a kid but via Brisbane (Expo '88 being one trip) Dreamworld was visited everytime. The last time I was there was 2007 and I remember a mention was being made that GC should host the CWGs next time round for Australia. This a year after Melbourne. Who would've thought it would turn true, or so soon? :blink:

Date: Thursday, 4 April 2013

Time: Sporting activities from 6.30am with the official ceremony 7.15am

Parking: Available in Australia Fair from 5.00am. Other parking is available in Carey Park and street parking along Nind Street

Isn't 7:15 am too early in the morning for such event ?

Apart from me...Anyone else here actually been to the Gold Coast???? :huh:

Yeah a couple times a year at least but I do only live an hour away. Great place. Definitely a great holiday location with lots to do and see. Beaches are pretty good.

I went there in December last year stayed in the new soul right on the water its breathtaking but expensive as hell! We also went to the only revolving restaraunt in Queensland, the Four Winds, on top of the Crowne Plaza, was great view, food was not that great however.

LookT06-2.jpg

Torino 2006

But yeah, it's energetic enough, has the skyline aswell as the outline of the Q1.

Though there seem to have been a few more visually pleasing pathways in the brand video.