2016 Acrostics Thread!

oakydoky

An acrostic is a poem that has a word down the side. The poem has to be about the word that you have chosen.

Charging to the finish line,

H ealth care reform can wait,

Instead, they will hustle like Al Capone,

Can they win without Obama?

All he has to do is show up!

Games in the park,

Oprah to the rescue!

Too soon after Beijing?

Only time will tell,

Kamikaze pilots getting ready incase of loss,

Yokohama better choice?

Ocha, anyone?

Meditterranaen flair,

A city full of passion,

Determined to win,

Really depending on Samaranch now,

Incase he dies,

Dance with latin sway!

Riskiest bid,

Incredible shakin' booties on those hoochie mammas,

O

Oh, too bad! I was expecting the Tokyo one to be a haiku =P

Barely comprehensible

As he posts his unfunny

Remarks all day and night,

Over time his schtick grows tiresome,

Never-ending lack of wit

Perhaps one day he'll take an

Interest in ending his sarcasm.

Every day I've read these boards,

Rarely has he made me laugh,

Rarely has he made me think,

Except when I think how great t'would be

If he would

Vacate this forum

Sorry, it was just too easy. LOVE YA BP! :D

And this is the best you can come up with? :rolleyes:

Yet you keep coming back; you must be a liar or a masochist then..or both. :lol:

And you think you're funnier? :rolleyes: In fact, I have winced at most of your posts.

It's great to be a muse, even if it's from a twisted mind. Tell me, how many poems have been created for you or your 'alter ego,' hmmmm?

I appreciate the effort; but I won't waste an ounce of sweat 4 u. ;)

Barely comprehensible

As he posts his unfunny

Remarks all day and night,

Over time his schtick grows tiresome,

Never-ending lack of wit

Perhaps one day he'll take an

Interest in ending his sarcasm.

Every day I've read these boards,

Rarely has he made me laugh,

Rarely has he made me think,

Except when I think how great t'would be

If he would

Vacate this forum

Sorry, it was just too easy. LOVE YA BP! :D

:lol::lol::lol:

Involuntary laughts... Sorry!

Thorbr,

It is sad, yet predictable that you would come onto a thread and be so rude and inappropriate with your degenerate display of language. Why don't you try doing some acrostics yourself - they're really fun!

Why are you mad?? I was just kidding!!! Where's your sense of humour :)

Man, you gotta relax! This is just a thread! Let's celebrate the olympic spirit! Let's unite!

Yet you keep coming back; you must be a liar or a masochist then..or both. :lol:

And you think you're funnier? :rolleyes: In fact, I have winced at most of your posts.

It's great to be a muse, even if it's from a twisted mind. Tell me, how many poems have been created for you or your 'alter ego,' hmmmm?

Where's your sense of humour??? It was only a joke! Come on Phil Boy! Don't be so tight!

Oh, relax, would you mate? All in good fun.

Why are you mad?? I was just kidding!!! Where's your sense of humour :)

Man, you gotta relax! This is just a thread! Let's celebrate the olympic spirit! Let's unite!

Yeah, a thread with a purpose!

You don't seem to want to participate in it!

By all means, have a joke, but do by actually participating in the thread and not just hijacking it!

Further, it is not a joking matter to call people pricks for no reason and constantly try and mock Baron's Phillipino heritage. And don't say you are trying to prove a point - we are not in the Rio forums so the fact you are doing this show everyone that you are a troll!

Yeah, come on! I think Oakydoky, the never growing teenager, and the Phil' Boy should relax a bit more! Come on guys! Let's laugh and have fun ;)

Thorbr, I've already told you that I am not a teenager so to keep mentioning it just makes you sound juvenile. Did you pick your bad manners up in the favelas Thorbr?

P.S.Rleax, I'm juts kiddin' :lol:

Thorbr,

It is sad, yet predictable that you would come onto a thread and be so rude and inappropriate with your degenerate display of language. Why don't you try doing some acrostics yourself - they're really fun!

Rude and inappropriate? Please, can you believe ur own words? I'm not here to defend thorb or anything but how about thinking about your and baron's constant "jokes" about brazilian women and the favelas in Rio de Janeiro (not Janiero as some people tend to write)?

This way of thinking is as stupid and disrespectful as saying that the "US is a country of idiots" and "Scotland is nothing but England's uninteresting backyard". I assume that if someone say those things on this forum you would be very offended, and you would be absolutely right to be offended.

Then some people come here and post pictures of naked brazilian women, others post "poetic" threads just to keep bashing our bid and you want the brazilian posters to accept all the crap posted here?

Other amazing thing is that some members are free to post all kinds of sh1t here and everybody seems to tolerate. But a brazilian member (don't remember who) said "some people deserve a punch" and that becomes a scandal...

Rude and inappropriate? Please, can you believe ur own words? I'm not here to defend thorb or anything but how about thinking about your and baron's constant "jokes" about brazilian women and the favelas in Rio de Janeiro (not Janiero as some people tend to write)?

This way of thinking is as stupid and disrespectful as saying that the "US is a country of idiots" and "Scotland is nothing but England's uninteresting backyard". I assume that if someone say those things on this forum you would be very offended, and you would be absolutely right to be offended.

Then some people come here and post pictures of naked brazilian women, others post "poetic" threads just to keep bashing our bid and you want the brazilian posters to accept all the crap posted here?

Other amazing thing is that some members are free to post all kinds of sh1t here and everybody seems to tolerate. But a brazilian member (don't remember who) said "some people deserve a punch" and that becomes a scandal...

Victor,

Firstly, I have never posted pictures of naked women so don't dare label that at me! What other people do is their business and not mine!

Secondly, this is a thread about acrostics - Throbr came onto the thread and called me a prick and keeps mocking Barons Phillipio heritage. No-one said anything to him. My acrostics, as implied in the title are a bit light hearted fun for everyone to take part in if they wish!

And, I have never joked about Brazilian women. I stand by what I say - they are very sexy! How is that rude or prejudice? Even the Brazilian posters mention how they think Brazilian women are beautiful - do you chastise them?

And I mentioned the favelas in this thread AFTER thorbr has hijacked it. The reason I mentioned it was to illustrate how he is being stupid and ignorant and that he doesn't like it when people say things about him. Notice I said it was a joke in the same post.

So Victor, get off your high horse, try actually reading the posts, and stop choosing to bash on people who are non Brazilian. You have immediately attacked me and Baron. Victor, will you condemn your fellow countryman Thorbr for calling me a prick and miocking Baron's Phillipino heritage? Or are you oblivious to what nasty things Brazilian people say?

I know you will probably respond angrily to this post but please understand some truths:

1. I set up this topic for fun

2. Everyone is free to take part

3. Thorbr rudely started name calling without anyone saying anything to him

4. Myself and Baron defended ourselves

5, You are ignorantly implied we are saying things about Brazilian women, posting naked pics etc. YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!

Oh, I honestly doubt I can write a simple haiku. Syllabic separation skills aren't worked on the English lessons one normally gets around here. Teachers just told us to pass the whole word to the next line! ^_^ I would just mess the whole 5-7-5 scheme.

Oh, I honestly doubt I can write a simple haiku. Syllabic separation skills aren't worked on the English lessons one normally gets around here. Teachers just told us to pass the whole word to the next line! ^_^ I would just mess the whole 5-7-5 scheme.

I had a try at one earlier! Of course it wasn't really correct as there is the 5-7-5 syllable scheme used in the Japanese version. So I just wrote a 3 line short poem instead in English instead to honour it!!!!!

I'll make one using Rio DE JANEIRO'S full name, since the three-letter one made by oakydoky will not suit Rio's grandness:

Ria junto comigo!

Included are friends from all around the World,

Out on the beach, Over the mountains,

Da cidade Maravilhosa!

Enchanted by all it's glory, let's celebrate our lives.

January, February March...

Alô, alô Teresinha, Aquele Abraço!

Nations will come together,

Enriching our lives we'll be, with the inspiring atmosphere.

Inhale the fresh air, take your chance!

Rio 2016, are you near?

Our roof will be the arms of the overlooking Christ the Redeemer.

Victor,

Firstly, I have never posted pictures of naked women so don't dare label that at me! What other people do is their business and not mine!

Secondly, this is a thread about acrostics - Throbr came onto the thread and called me a prick and keeps mocking Barons Phillipio heritage. No-one said anything to him. My acrostics, as implied in the title are a bit light hearted fun for everyone to take part in if they wish!

And, I have never joked about Brazilian women. I stand by what I say - they are very sexy! How is that rude or prejudice? Even the Brazilian posters mention how they think Brazilian women are beautiful - do you chastise them?

And I mentioned the favelas in this thread AFTER thorbr has hijacked it. The reason I mentioned it was to illustrate how he is being stupid and ignorant and that he doesn't like it when people say things about him. Notice I said it was a joke in the same post.

So Victor, get off your high horse, try actually reading the posts, and stop choosing to bash on people who are non Brazilian. You have immediately attacked me and Baron. Victor, will you condemn your fellow countryman Thorbr for calling me a prick and miocking Baron's Phillipino heritage? Or are you oblivious to what nasty things Brazilian people say?

Oakydoky,

I'll start saying that the English language has a terrible problem: the word used to refer to other individual (you) is the same word used to refer to other individuals (you). That can lead to misunderstandings like you thinking I'm accusing you (oakydoky) of everything I posted. So you don't need to be so pissed if you know I'm complaining about things not done by you.

Secondly (and that's an useful word we don't have in portuguese), the acrostics idea could be light hearted fun for everyone, but your acrostic about Rio de Janeiro was the only one neither fun nor light hearted, and that's the opinion of a non-carioca ok? It sounded like a provocation and I don't believe you're that innocent and couldn't predict that some people would be upset. It reminded me of another sad episode when Rio de Janeiro was the only city prohibited by the organizer from participating in the gamesbids competition because the city "is too underdeveloped".

The hot-voluptuous-sexy carnaval women fame is a futile image Brazil is changing. We don't party all the time. And I think it's very wrong when brazilians (mostly cariocas) say "hey our women are great, come and see". I'm not a regular poster here but if you find my posts you'll see I'm not "extremely excited" as some of my inspired brazilian friends. Don't think I'm happy with everything they post here.

About the favela joke. Sorry but I keep thinking it was a bad one. Bad manners can be learned anywhere. And we have very illustrious people all over the country that were born in slums.

And i'm not on a high horse or anything. I didn't choose to bash you. I don't even know you, man :). And if I had a problem with foreign people I wouldn't lose my time here. And don't be so exaggerated, I'm attacking nobody. If you read correctly, I wrote in a very "broad way". If I wanted to imediately and directly attack you and only you, your name would be everywhere in my post.

Oh, I'm not going to talk about Baron's and Thorbr's old love story. And you must be a grown up man to answer his taunts if you want.

I know you will probably respond angrily to this post but please understand some truths:

You do? Well, I'm not angry at all. I'm a friendly guy from Brazil B) .

1. I set up this topic for fun

2. Everyone is free to take part

3. Thorbr rudely started name calling without anyone saying anything to him

4. Myself and Baron defended ourselves

5, You are ignorantly implied we are saying things about Brazilian women, posting naked pics etc. YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!

Now you were furious when you wrote that. I should remember you were the one who brought the "riskier bid" issue to a supposedly light hearted fun thread. And about the naked pics, you joined in june 2009. Some time before, people thought it would be light hearted fun to put our bid logo in a picture of a naked woman in the signature.

PS: Sometimes is difficult to be from a non-European non-Anglophone country on Gamesbids. That's probably why it's so rare to see people from other countries here.

Archived