3rd west asian games 2005

What countries constitute "West Asia" here?

In any case, I didn't know that Doha is hosting this event this year, before hosting the "whole" Asia Summer Games in 2006.

Speaking of Games like that, what is the proper name for the Games of the "Islamic world" called? I know there was something named as such in the Internet before, but I have forgotten.

Speaking of Games like that, what is the proper name for the Games of the "Islamic world" called? I know there was something named as such in the Internet before, but I have forgotten.

i think you are talking about the arab games (also called pan-arab games)!

heres some information about the games:

arab games background

arab games sports results

:grinning:

I don't think so, marb's. I mean, I don't think you want to call Malaysians or Indonesians "Arabs" as examples because they come from Muslim nations. The name of the Games I want incorporates all nations that have pretty much Muslim in any way, like Indonesia, Malayia, and others NOT of the Middle East area.

I don't think so, marb's. I mean, I don't think you want to call Malaysians or Indonesians "Arabs" as examples because they come from Muslim nations. The name of the Games I want incorporates all nations that have pretty much Muslim in any way, like Indonesia, Malayia, and others NOT of the Middle East area.

yep, you are right, i was thinking of the wrong games.... :laughlong:

It's the "Islamic Solidarity Games".

Thank you, theone. This is exactly what I was looking for. By the way, has the inaugural one been hosted yet? If not, which year will it take place and where?

Saudi Arabia hosted the first ever Islamic Solidarity Games earlier this year at these cities: Makkah, Madinah, Jeddah and Taif...

It's the games for all "Organization of Islamic Conference" (OIC). It's similar to the Southeast Asian Games (for members of the ASEAN group).

The contestants are however not all Muslims. As long as the country is affiliated with the OIC, any member of their nationality can compete. And of course, The Saudis have called invitations onlt to male participants.

We've had this discussion before.

:D

Iran is hosting the next one in 2009. Malaysia is hoping to be the first host to include women's events in the games, as they've decided to go at it as the 3rd host in 2013.

Archived