The Most Important Question...

Kenadian

Which one will have the better logo?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which one will have the better logo?

• Chicago
    • Madrid
    • Rio de Janeiro
    • Tokyo
    • Doesn't matter, will just be a "20-16" in lime green

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, to be honest, I kinda like the sugar loaf images they use for our bids. At least, I think it's more appropriate then slapping a nice pic of Jesus on the cover of our bidbooks. Christ the Redeener and the cable car are by far the most easily recongnizable sights in Rio. I think it makes sense. I wouldn't complain if they get creative someday and make something with the Lapa Arches or the Copacabana beachwalk pattern. I would be nice for a change. =]

One of the proposal, and the logo I sent to a election here in Brazil contained the Copacabana beachwalk pattern.

But, it seems Sugar Loaf is the most easily regongnizable symbol of Rio.

By the way, the Copacabana beachwalk pattern was inpired in some that exists in Lisbon since the XVII century.

I actually prefer Chicago's torch logo rather than the star. The torch has images of the skyline, fire and water--symbols that are synonymous with Chicago. The star is ok, but its meaning can only be understood by looking at the Chicago flag. As for Rio, I actually like the logo. See that rio supporters--not all Americans are anti-Rio bid. However, when I first saw it, it reminded me of boobs.

Well, the Rio's Logo for a brazilian boy (I, Cauê :))

Logo:

logo.jpg

Number 1 element: The Sugar Loaf

the_marvelous_city_porRicardoCarreo.jpg

Number 2 (2-1 and 2-2) element: The "M" of the "Marquês de Sapucaí Avenue". The Temple of Samba and Carnival

carnavalescolas2.jpg

Number 2/1 element: The "M" or the sun up of the Sugar Loaf

Number 2/2 element: The "M" or the sea blue. Below of the Sugar Loaf

Green Element: The "Trevo de Quatro Folhas", this plant symbolizes "luck" for the Brazilians. It is the 'amulet' in this logo.

20080829151335_756_original.jpg

Wow, I'd say it's arguably the worst of the four (Rio's and Chicago's are great, as was Doha's before they got the boot).

Tokyo's has those horrible, horrible, horrible glow and graident effects that look like they were applied by someone who's just learnt a piece of graphic design software but hasn't been taught how to use the effects within it with any subtlety. It's a nice concept horribly executed.

Wow, I'd say it's arguably the worst of the four (Rio's and Chicago's are great, as was Doha's before they got the boot).

Tokyo's has those horrible, horrible, horrible glow and graident effects that look like they were applied by someone who's just learnt a piece of graphic design software but hasn't been taught how to use the effects within it with any subtlety. It's a nice concept horribly executed.

You're the first person I know who actually liked Doha's logo!

Agree! Also it isn't well balanced...

You're the first person I know who actually liked Doha's logo!

I really liked it. It was a very clever concept nicely executed:

"...the Arabic version of 2016 (in green) is wrapped around ‘Doha’ written in Arabic in maroon"

And these are merged together to form a type of flower native to the region.

The balance between the text and the graphic element was nice as well and it still looks good on the website (which was never taken down)

http://www.doha2016.org/en/index

200px-Doha_2016_Summer_Olympics_bid_logo.svg.png

I really liked it. It was a very clever concept nicely executed:

"...the Arabic version of 2016 (in green) is wrapped around ‘Doha’ written in Arabic in maroon"

And these are merged together to form a type of flower native to the region.

The balance between the text and the graphic element was nice as well and it still looks good on the website (which was never taken down)

http://www.doha2016.org/en/index

200px-Doha_2016_Summer_Olympics_bid_logo.svg.png

Fair enough!

I always personally felt that Doha's logo looked a bit clumsy in the manner that it's graphical linework was executed.

I really likes Prague's bid logo (the first one). I loved how it had such simplicity and just seemed very beautiful in the sense that it was a piece of grass blowing in the wind.

prague_2016_old_logo.png

outta the recent logos i think sochi is the best one:

sochi_2014_05_11_08.jpg

This is an Interesting one I found but nto much symbolism just alot of creativity :

olympiclogo.jpg

Now these I dont like and it lacks originality:

world-cup-logo2.png

The ball is the only thing that adds up to it, 2014 for a logo is dumb..but pretty colors..

olympics_madrid.gif

Now these I dont like and it lacks originality:

world-cup-logo2.png

The ball is the only thing that adds up to it, 2014 for a logo is dumb..but pretty colors..

For me, the worst ever was the logo proposed for São Paulo in 2014...

Thanks for the design comunity it was withdrawn a week or so later and a new one will be developed.

Pay attention to the "Ferrari" lettering! :blink:

logo_sao_paulo.jpg

For me, the worst ever was the logo proposed for São Paulo in 2014...

Thanks for the design comunity it was withdrawn a week or so later and a new one will be developed.

Pay attention to the "Ferrari" lettering! :blink:

logo_sao_paulo.jpg

is this it? W T F! ridiculous

logo-sp2014.jpg

Beautiful:

copa[1].gif

3259278638_15ffd2d248.jpg

yea ill stop posting logos now b4 some of u start complaining...

is this it? W T F! ridiculous

logo-sp2014.jpg

yea ill stop posting logos now b4 some of u start complaining...

After a lot complaints from the design community, it will be redesigned...

Aparently it was "designed" in a rush for the announcement of the host cities. I was created by one of the Brazil's biggest publicity agency (MPM).

This is what happens when advertisers do the job of designers... :P

See, I thought the same things about that that you think about the Doha logo. Clumsy and that font is horrendous! That logo was so bland (I actually redesigned Prague's logo in the GB logo competition last year) and lazy in its execution.

Your logo for Prague was very good! You should consider a career as a graphic designer (if you are not already one lol)! I didn't think Prague's logo was lazy - I personally loved how it had a gentle, lilting quality to it which symbolized the beauty of Prague itself!

The Toronto 2016 logo looks like it came out of a Beatles ad:

love460.jpg

CHItown '16

I see the similarity. Lodon should adopt this logo nd get rid of that ugly one. Take out the CN tower nd put the BigBang on that ring, it'll look fine.

Rio is improving their logo along the time:

1997 (2004 bid):

rio2004l.gif

2004 (2012 national bid):

lg2012bj.jpg

2005 (2012 bid):

lg2012bj2.gif

2007 (PANAM Games):

logo_pan.gif

2007 (PARAPAN Games):

1%20Logo%20Parapan.jpg

2008 (2016 bid):

lg2016rd.jpg

I think Rio can make a fine logo for 2016.

Rios 2016 logo is ok but too dark nd fading colors. Pan ams was the best one yet. I don't really like Madrids but it makes me happy to look at so does chicagos. Tokyo makes me "huh?" nd Rios I count the hearts.. they've put too much thought to it, instead of makin sleek and simple, the entire city is included in the design. =\ more useful for an environmental organization Or something like that, for me it screams "natural energy : water, wind, sun, green"

Archived