I Love Tokyo, ^ ^

Guest TOKYO!!!

Don't sit on the fence, what do you think of Tokyo, we need to know!!!

I'm rather confused by the efforts of the Japanese here--lots of photos in several different threads, lots of city pride but mostly imagery and messaging that has very little relation to what makes an Olympic bid stronger or that addresses concerns about Tokyo 2016 (how does "I Love Tokyo" affect the residents' support of the bid or the EC's statement of improperly listed venue status declarations?--not that most of the bid city supporters are addressing concerns head-on but this effort has little clear relevance to what most consider important about the bid campaigns)

CHItown '16

Language barrier?

Given the global marketing success of Japan's big corporations, I would expect a more coherent story and message than I'm seeing here. I also expect a great deal more out of Chicago 2016 as well (we have the headquarters and major N. American offices of most of the largest advertising and marketing firms) but haven't seen a big message here either.

CHItown '16

Nobody is Danny!

Even with 56% public support (the lowest of the four bids), in a city the size of Tokyo we're still talking about nearly 20 million people supporting the bid!

yes, it's true!!! Good point!!!

Guest TOKYO!!!
Nobody is Danny!

Even with 56% public support (the lowest of the four bids), in a city the size of Tokyo we're still talking about nearly 20 million people supporting the bid!

Won't 56%

Not 44%

Win of democracy !!

Support higher than IOC visit.

Tsunekazu Takeda, vice-president of Tokyo 2016 Bid Committee, told Reuters in an interview on Thursday that later samplings by his team had shown sharply higher support, around 80 percent.

"Now it's not 55 or 56 percent, it's big change," he said.

"The percentage is growing and after the Evaluation Commission visit to us, more than 80 percent" back the bid.

Won't 56%

Not 44%

Win of democracy !!

Tsunekazu Takeda, vice-president of Tokyo 2016 Bid Committee, told Reuters in an interview on Thursday that later samplings by his team had shown sharply higher support, around 80 percent.

"The percentage is growing and after the Evaluation Commission visit to us, more than 80 percent" back the bid.

Samples made by governments or bid teams are always higher than the IOC's own surveys. It's the latter which the IOC will take into account regardless of which better reflects the truth.

Nobody is Danny!

And also 20 million people opposing the bid!

Won't 56%

Not 44%

Win of democracy !!

I don't believe this. Remember the lie about the existing venues? 55% to 80% is unrealistic and unlikely change, this bring many doubts.

Archived