Southern Hemisphere Winter Games?

Augie4040

memorabilia & Roltel

Look I know Im new to this and you guys are seasoned veterans, and sure maybe you have posted about this in the past but talking about it is new to me and this thread has gotten a lot of attention. And I want to start fresh threads, not resurrect ones from 3 years ago(the honolulu thread) just to comment on it

Be constructive or dont say anything.

if your gonna respond to this do it by email and lets leave this thread to just the main topic.

Deal?

Augie – I’ve usually got time for newbies discovering the board and exploring the joys of Olympic bidding and expanding their interest in the games. I don’t wanna get stroppy or heavy-handed, but you ARE being a bit of a pest since you’ve sprung up here. You might think it’s a great idea to start up new threads whenever some new notion comes to the top of your head, but really it’s annoying to see thread after thread on topics that have been discussed ad-nauseum, not adding ANYTHING new to past debates.

Take the southern hemisphere WOG issue. There are many, and recent, threads that have tackled the topic, and there’s lots of posts in them that have lots of hard information – from NZ and Chilean trail maps to news items and detailed strategies – that have gone beyond anything you have added. And, no, you saying “I think it would be a neat idea, and if the IOC would just decide tomorrow it can happen straight away” is not adding anything new to the topic. If you look for and read some of those threads, you might actually learn something and come up with something more concrete and new to advance the debates.

If you wanna be taken seriously – and by the passion you display I’m sure you’d be a great long-term member asset here – just ease back a bit, by all means venture your opinions, but don’t just keep spamming the same thoughts over and over because nobody is paying them the attention you think they deserve. All of us have probably been slapped down a bit when we arrived here as newbies. Pay attention and learn and you’ll find your contributions become more interesting and even if you have views contrary to others, people will be more inclined to debate them with you and you may be able to start scoring points of your own.

memorabilia & Roltel

Look I know Im new to this and you guys are seasoned veterans, and sure maybe you have posted about this in the past but talking about it is new to me and this thread has gotten a lot of attention. And I want to start fresh threads, not resurrect ones from 3 years ago(the honolulu thread) just to comment on it

Be constructive or dont say anything.

if your gonna respond to this do it by email and lets leave this thread to just the main topic.

Deal?

Augie, I have no lesson to receive from you ! And I usualy not try to give somes...

But, as you say, you are new ! Less than 2 weeks .... and more than 60 posts !!!! I am not sure that's constructive.... and when we saw your posts it looks more as spam sometimes !

So please when threads already exist, please try to use them ! And check what you wrote before posting twice everywhere....

And when you aked me to 'be constructive', please check my main previous posts and you will see that i try to post accurate comments with real references... to be really constructive and keep our forum interesting !!!!

In order for a city to be awarded the Olympic Games, it first has to run through a lot of hoops, and that includes getting the International Sport Federations to buy into it. And if would be very difficult to get them all to support changing their entire schedule to accommodate an Olympic Games 5-6 months out of the regular schedule.

I agree, one of Santiago's best selling points in the time zone its in, that will allow for live programing in the US.

and santiago perhaps' the only city in south America with snowy mountains but with a citylike structure.

Archived