Why Chicago Needs To Win

Augie4040

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Money talks and people walk!

A United States Olympic bid will always be attractive as it's TV revenues, corporate sponsor sector etc provides more money than any other nation on earth.

The United States does not get prefferential treatment but rather, due to it's ability, it does host the Olympic alot - which is rightfully so.

Imagine if you were paying more for a product and investing more into a business than anyone else. You wouldn't expect other people to get given the same power as you.

Regarding the Olympics, it is obvious that the United States will earn them alot as it does more for the Olympic movement than anyone else!

30 failed Attempts to be elected to host either the summer or winner games with only 4 successful attempts to host the winter games via election and one single Summer Olympics bid that was successful on the eve of the second Century of the Modern Olympics .

Yah that sounds like the United States Olympic Committee really pulls influence considering the Score compared to Europe is that Europe has hosted almost hosted as many times as the USOC has failed to be elected. Canada nearly has a better record of Securing bids with three hostings of either Summer or Winter Games via bid elections. When Los Angeles Loses to Montreal coming third behind Moscow it shows the IOC really doesn't favor the US despite the revenues they gain . LA has lost 9 times and never won a bid election always hosting Abandon years.

Yes the US does great things for the Olympics including saving the Games on Three occasions but it really amounts to very little except maybe Atlanta 1996 and Salt Lake City 2002 Er . Oh yeah their was that bribery scandal .

Maybe the US loses are due to they only recently learned how to bribe old world IOC members ? So much for the thoughts to ability or Lack of.

Jim jones

30 failed Attempts to be elected to host either the summer or winner games with only 4 successful attempts to host the winter games via election and one single Summer Olympics bid that was successful on the eve of the second Century of the Modern Olympics .

Yah that sounds like the United States Olympic Committee really pulls influence considering the Score compared to Europe is that Europe has hosted almost hosted as many times as the USOC has failed to be elected. Canada nearly has a better record of Securing bids with three hostings of either Summer or Winter Games via bid elections. When Los Angeles Loses to Montreal coming third behind Moscow it shows the IOC really doesn't favor the US despite the revenues they gain . LA has lost 9 times and never won a bid election always hosting Abandon years.

Yes the US does great things for the Olympics including saving the Games on Three occasions but it really amounts to very little except maybe Atlanta 1996 and Salt Lake City 2002 Er . Oh yeah their was that bribery scandal .

Maybe the US loses are due to they only recently learned how to bribe old world IOC members ? So much for the thoughts to ability or Lack of.

Jim jones

Why are you ranting at me?

I NEVER said the United States had the best bid record or that it gets preferential treatment - the opposite infact. However, the objective truth is that they have hosted the Olympic games more than any other nation on earth! Of course the United States has influence too regarding the IOC - whether or not it is overstated, one can debate that.

What a suprise you decided to quote me Jim out of all the posters who have left comments!

30 failed Attempts to be elected to host either the summer or winner games

Simple questions for you:

- how many failed European bids?

- how many American people involved in Olympic Movement (Executive Board of IOC, IF President or General Secretary, PASOC)? How many attempts to get more actively engaged?

- In the 2016 race, how many meetings with the IOC members did USOC President take part in?

There is no question that there is a European bias within the Olympic Movement for historical, participation results.

Smart attitude is to recognise that, stop whining and actually deal with it.

QUOTE (jim jones @ Sep 18 2009, 06:45 PM) *

30 failed Attempts to be elected to host either the summer or winner games

Simple questions for you:

- how many failed European bids?

- how many American people involved in Olympic Movement (Executive Board of IOC, IF President or General Secretary, PASOC)? How many attempts to get more actively engaged?

- In the 2016 race, how many meetings with the IOC members did USOC President take part in?

There is no question that there is a European bias within the Olympic Movement for historical, participation results.

Smart attitude is to recognise that, stop whining and actually deal with it.

I'm not thrilled about the whole premise of these threads - Chicago doesn't need to win, but that doesn't mean that we don't want to win and that there are justifiable reasons to support and vote for the bid. However, quoting Jim Jones to refute the attitude of some Chicago supporters is rather unusual - Jim Jones isn't a Chicago supporter and his quotes shouldn't be implied as supportive of the Chicago 2016 bid nor indicative of any general attitude among US or Chicago supporters.

CHItown '16

I'm not thrilled about the whole premise of these threads - Chicago doesn't need to win, but that doesn't mean that we don't want to win and that there are justifiable reasons to support and vote for the bid. However, quoting Jim Jones to refute the attitude of some Chicago supporters is rather unusual - Jim Jones isn't a Chicago supporter and his quotes shouldn't be implied as supportive of the Chicago 2016 bid nor indicative of any general attitude among US or Chicago supporters.

CHItown '16

My post was a reply to JJ and aimed at him.

I have repeatedly stated that I had no problem with a Chicago victory, not be caused it's Chicago's turn or because "stupid IOC" owes us, but because they have an exciting plan, an interesting vision for legacy.

My post was a reply to JJ and aimed at him.

I have repeatedly stated that I had no problem with a Chicago victory, not be caused it's Chicago's turn or because "stupid IOC" owes us, but because they have an exciting plan, an interesting vision for legacy.

Sorry. Wasn't clear.

CHItown '16

• 2 weeks later...
Its sad to see that Chicago can buys the games give South America a chance Does the IOC really want to see another Atlanta

Brazil is hosting the biggest event in the world (yes bigger than the Olympics) in 2014 the FIFA world cup the Olympic would like a walk in the park.

:lol:

Its sad to see that Chicago can buys the games give South America a chance

So Chicago's bid is the riskiest financially according to many who criticise it, but at the same time they're buying the games are they? Care to explain how that works?

Make you mind up!! :lol:

Archived