Why Chicago Needs To Win

No doubts there are more poor people in Brazil than in USA... I've never said otherwise... NEVER <--- can you read it?

About 20% people (the correct is 16%) really lives in favelas, some favelas are comparable to poor districts in USA or in Europe...

The term "favela" is used to say poor district, some really poor, some not too poor... You have never been in Brazil to see a favela...

Some houses (not huts) in favelas can be better than mine or even yours... You should notice this... (I've said SOME not all!!!)

GIVE UP OAKYDOKY OR COME TO RIO! You are fool to make those statements without a real data of fact... You google something old and post here...

Oakydoky, my problem with you is about your statements about Rio and Brazil that ARE INACCURATE!!!!

For example, I will never make this stupid comparision you made between Brazil and India just because I've never been in India and don't know deeply the poverty problem there... I heard something about poverty in India, but not enough to make a accurate comment about them...

But you have never been in Brazil and wants to know more about us than us!!!!!!!!!!!

And a little PS: I really like USA, I spent a part of my live there, my family had a house there for vacations years ago.

It's an amazing country. Loved to have been there and I have plans for future vacations to visit more places (I want to go to California)... I'm NOT an anti-american.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hawaii is a part of the United States - go and consult your atlas Danny!

I've said Obama is not from Chicago...

I didn't said "Obama is not from USA"...

I know Hawaii is a state of USA.... I did said before that I HAVE BEEN TO THE US MANY TIMES!!!

Sometime I really think you don't read my posts 'til the end...

Danny, the USA has over 300 million citizens though. Therefore the poverty rate works out at about 1 in 10 which is infinitely superior to Brazil's if I recall. In Rio alone, 20% of the population live in favelas which make those huts in 'Slumdog Millionaire' look like Buckingham palace in comparison. Why does the United Nations refer to Brazil as a 'developing country'? Is it because they have many unresolved social issues and are not nearly in the league of the United States!

It is evident you are a hypocrite - you get annoyed if anyone points out facts about Rio but then launch little hate tirades against the USA.

What exactly have the poor districts of Brazil given to the world anyway? Carnival? which is only celebrated in Brazil. I do know that American taxpayers have given a lot of aid to Brazil however which makes your mockery of the country a little ironic!

The discution here is around a supose "extreme porvety" of Rio de Janeiro and Brazil itself, with a lot of people dying of starvation, of course this discourse is liar, the statiscs of the year 2000 for the city of Rio gtives a HDI , thats is The Human Development Index (HDI) is an index used to rank countries by level of "human development", which usually also implies whether a country is a developed, developing, or underdeveloped country, HDI of 0.8 or more is considered to represent "high development". This includes all developed countries

Well, the rate is 0.842 to the city and 0.832 do the State, the means that have, in acording of ONU a high level of deveolpment index.

Barra da Tijuca, Maracanã and Copacabana where some of the venues is locatade have HDI in 0,959,0944 and 0,956 respectvly, Deodoro have the HDI around 0,856

Some of the "favelas" like Complexo do Alemão (0,711), Maré (0,726), Manguinhos (0,726) Cidade de Deus (0,751)and Rocinha (0,732), all of the with literacy rate around 90% the same HDI of Egypt

In "favelas" 97% of the homes have TVs set, 94% refrigerator, 59% DVD Players, 55% cellphones and 12% Computer ( source CNPq , Prefeitura da Cidade do Rio de Janeiro Rio de Janeiro prefecture)

Is even, even the same stereotype, Samba, Carmen Miranda, Poverty, Buenos Aires capital of Brazil...

Complexo do Alemão (0,711) is the lowest HDI in Rio de Janeiro...

Gávea district (0,980 - biggest than Norway) is the higher...

And Leblon district have the most expensive square feet in the southern hemisphere, the 19th in the world...

No doubts there are more poor people in Brazil than in USA... I've never said otherwise... NEVER <--- can you read it?

About 20% people (the correct is 16%) really lives in favelas, some favelas are comparable to poor districts in USA or in Europe...

The term "favela" is used to say poor district, some really poor, some not too poor... You have never been in Brazil to see a favela...

Some houses (not huts) in favelas can be better than mine or even yours... You should notice this... (I've said SOME not all!!!)

GIVE UP OAKYDOKY OR COME TO RIO! You are fool to make those statements without a real data of fact... You google something old and post here...

Oakydoky, my problem with you is about your statements about Rio and Brazil that ARE INACCURATE!!!!

For example, I will never make this stupid comparision you made between Brazil and India just because I've never been in India and don't know deeply the poverty problem there... I heard something about poverty in India, but not enough to make a accurate comment about them...

But you have never been in Brazil and wants to know more about us than us!!!!!!!!!!!

And a little PS: I really like USA, I spent a part of my live there, my family had a house there for vacations years ago.

It's an amazing country. Loved to have been there and I have plans for future vacations to visit more places (I want to go to California)... I'm NOT an anti-american.

Danny you came on a CHICAGO thread and started talking nonsense about poverty issues and tried to underplay Brazils own poverty issues in comparison to the USA's. That what I called you out on.

Erm, a favela is not better than my house thank you very much! lol. I do not need to go to Brazil to witness them to know they are crappy housing. Do I need to attend a Scientology class with Tom Cruise to know it's a load of sh*t?

I made that comment about Rio's favelas because you are trying to make them out be paradises. Even now you are implying that the are great. C'mon, they are substandard and have to be improved because human beings deserve better! Brazil's social woes are worse than any of the bid cities. Not an attack but a genuine fact.

And you say you have a problem with me because of my facts I speak about Rio. So you are pissed because i speak some truths:

1 Rio has the worse technical bid

2 Rio has the worse socio-economic status of the bid cities

3 Rio poverty situation which even the IOC will consider.

What issue with me speaking these truths do you have Danny?

The discution here is around a supose "extreme porvety" of Rio de Janeiro and Brazil itself, with a lot of people dying of starvation, of course this discourse is liar, the statiscs of the year 2000 for the city of Rio gtives a HDI , thats is The Human Development Index (HDI) is an index used to rank countries by level of "human development", which usually also implies whether a country is a developed, developing, or underdeveloped country, HDI of 0.8 or more is considered to represent "high development". This includes all developed countries

Well, the rate is 0.842 to the city and 0.832 do the State, the means that have, in acording of ONU a high level of deveolpment index.

Barra da Tijuca, Maracanã and Copacabana where some of the venues is locatade have HDI in 0,959,0944 and 0,956 respectvly, Deodoro have the HDI around 0,856

Some of the "favelas" like Complexo do Alemão (0,711), Maré (0,726), Manguinhos (0,726) Cidade de Deus (0,751)and Rocinha (0,732), all of the with literacy rate around 90% the same HDI of Egypt

In "favelas" 97% of the homes have TVs set, 94% refrigerator, 59% DVD Players, 55% cellphones and 12% Computer ( source CNPq , Prefeitura da Cidade do Rio de Janeiro Rio de Janeiro prefecture)

Is even, even the same stereotype, Samba, Carmen Miranda, Poverty, Buenos Aires capital of Brazil...

But in this particular bid race in 2009 for the 2016 Olympic games Rio's social issues are infinitely worse than Madrid's, Tokyo's and Chicago's. That what people are talking about.No-one is trying to attack Rio contrary to what some posters believe but rather just discuss genuine concerns. That is not prejudice, racist, ignorant but rather the very nature of discourse!!!!!!

1 Rio has the worse technical bid - I DON'T AGREE AT ALL, AND IOC DIDN'T SAID THAT IN EVALUATION REPORT... It's your opinion

2 Rio has the worse socio-economic status of the bid cities - NO DOUBTS, NEVER DENIED THIS <--- NEVER, NEVER NVER NEVER NEVER DENIED THIS CARALHO!!!

3 Rio poverty situation which even the IOC will consider. - I don't agree, what are the links about poverty and Olympic Games problems???

And you say you have a problem with me because of my facts I speak about Rio. So you are pissed because i speak some truths:

1 Rio has the worse technical bid

2 Rio has the worse socio-economic status of the bid cities

3 Rio poverty situation which even the IOC will consider.

What issue with me speaking these truths do you have Danny?

1 - Who said it? You?

2- The official UN index that measeures socio-economic status is calle HDI and all the cities have "High Human Development" is UN that say it, not me or you, the worse level means not the worst...

3- Poverty is a situation in all the bids, of al world (unhappily) in some bids, Ok, we have more poverty (Rio and Chicago) in others less...but IF the bid provides the condiction to some poor people get a better life, like in Rio bids this is a POSITIVE fact

But in this particular bid race in 2009 for the 2016 Olympic games Rio's social issues are infinitely worse than Madrid's, Tokyo's and Chicago's. That what people are talking about.No-one is trying to attack Rio contrary to what some posters believe but rather just discuss genuine concerns. That is not prejudice, racist, ignorant but rather the very nature of discourse!!!!!!

You ARE attacking Rio bid!!!

You already said you can't imagine a Olympic Games in a city with poverty problems...

So Rio should never bid before become some Switzerland...

Why social issue can play a role in Olympic Games??? I never understood that! It could be a chance do boost the changes Brazil is making, providing more jobs, improving tourism and tourism-related jobs...

And even FIFA addresses to my thoughts... Two World Cups in a row in developing countries.... Now it's time to IOC recognize that developing have its mertis too...

Dannelbrazil:

1 Rio has the worse technical bid - I DON'T AGREE AT ALL, AND IOC DIDN'T SAID THAT IN EVALUATION REPORT... It's your opinion

2 Rio has the worse socio-economic status of the bid cities - NO DOUBTS, NEVER DENIED THIS <--- NEVER, NEVER NVER NEVER NEVER DENIED THIS CARALHO!!!

3 Rio poverty situation which even the IOC will consider. - I don't agree, what are the links about poverty and Olympic Games problems???

1. The IOC do think this that is why Rio was awarded the worse technical score. Fact.

2. We agree!

3. The IOC has to look into poverty issues as it is a huge concern which many IOC members may feel provides a risk. Again, look at how seriously the IOC considered Chinas issues etc for precedents.

1. The IOC do think this that is why Rio was awarded the worse technical score. Fact.

2. We agree!

3. The IOC has to look into poverty issues as it is a huge concern which many IOC members may feel provides a risk. Again, look at how seriously the IOC considered Chinas issues etc for precedents.

1. technical score 2008 momentum... Evalutation Report 2009 momentum (15 days before the election)

2. I hope you never say again that I'm trying to say otherwise...

3. China hosted successfully 2008 Olympic Games with worse social issues than Brazil!!! Check their social numbers and get surprised!

Thorbr - why the stereotyping of the Phillipines which is not even relevant to this discussion? You sound bigoted when you say things like that.

Anyway, this topic is about Chicago and not the 'Rio victim complex'. You are now trying to hijack a thread which apparently you hate people doing in the Rio forum. H.Y.P.O.C.R.I.T.E!!!

thorb is a TOTAL idiot. I only get to see his ignorant posts when someone like you happens to "quote" such effluvia -- but otherwise, the nimrod is on my IGNORE. He thinks he's some superior nut; well, a Brazil nut!! Such a fool and a clown too.

You ARE attacking Rio bid!!!

You already said you can't imagine a Olympic Games in a city with poverty problems...

So Rio should never bid before become some Switzerland...

Why social issue can play a role in Olympic Games??? I never understood that! It could be a chance do boost the changes Brazil is making, providing more jobs, improving tourism and tourism-related jobs...

And even FIFA addresses to my thoughts... Two World Cups in a row in developing countries.... Now it's time to IOC recognize that developing have its mertis too...

Danny,

I NEVER SAID THAT I DO NOT WANT RIO TO HOST OR THAT I CANNOT IMAGINE THEM HOSTING!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Stop LYING and putting words into my mouth Danny. Where is my exact quote where I said these things?

All I said was that I support Madrid and that Rio has the worse technical bid. Get over it Danny and stop demanding everyone bow down before you and Rio's bid!! Are we allowed to support any other bids other than Rio Danny?

It is also not attacking Rio to say it has the worse technical bid out of the 4 cities. This is a fact espoused by the IOC. Danny, just stop all this crap!!!

thorb is a TOTAL idiot. I only get to see his ignorant posts when someone like you happens to "quote" such effluvia -- but otherwise, the nimrod is on my IGNORE. He thinks he's some superior nut; well, a Brazil nut!! Such a fool and a clown too.

I'm getting a similar impression myself Baron. He seems obsessed with the fact that you apparently come from the Phillipines as if that is something shamful!

You have never said that with all the words really... But it's what we can understand...

If you are not in this mood, sorry, but it's what all Rio supporters gets from you... And not only Rio supporters...

Oaky,

You can support any city you want, you can discuss everything about Rio bid, you can complain about Rio buses colors, you can even get out of here and make us happy... (well, this will not happen)

You can do everything you want, you can say non-accurate things about Rio, exposing your wishes...

You can also repeat forever Rio have the worse technical bid!!! Fovever... You are already doing it...

You have never said that with all the words really... But it's what we can understand...

If you are not in this mood, sorry, but it's what all Rio supporters gets from you... And not only Rio supporters...

Oaky,

You can support any city you want, you can discuss everything about Rio bid, you can complain about Rio buses colors, you can even get out of here and make us happy... (well, this will not happen)

You can do everything you want, you can say non-accurate things about Rio, exposing your wishes...

You can also repeat forever Rio have the worse technical bid!!! Fovever... You are already doing it...

Danny, I'm glad you admit that I NEVER SAID THE THINGS YOU ACCUSED ME OF!!! :D Also, not all Brazilian posters think like you and if they do then they are obviously incapable of reading posts properly!

Danny, you shouldn't infer things but really just deal in what people actually say - it saves a lot of bother!!

Again, I do not say innaccurate things about Rio!

Anyway, this topic is about Chicago and not the 'Rio victim complex'. You are now trying to hijack a thread which apparently you hate people doing in the Rio forum. H.Y.P.O.C.R.I.T.E!!!

This topic is about Chicago, but the subject is if "an era of "New Frontier Olympics" will prevent another US game "...exactly the subject of the discution, no one is hijacking the thread...

Again, I do not say innaccurate things about Rio!

You said 20% poverty in Rio de Janeiro, nuts in favelas...

Those are innacurate things about Rio

And I'm now again Baron's disciple, whatever this means... :P

People can say otherwise, and it really doesn't matter, but Brazil IS the most multi-ethnical country in the world. And the mixture of people was full, Brazilian cities doesn't have Chinatowns, Little Havanas or French Quarters...

People from many coutries married with others and made a great mixture of people...

This didn't happened in USA like in Brazil...

Danny, you claim that Brazil is the most muti-ethnic country in the world and yet proudly state that you don't have Chinatowns, Little Havanas, and that you guys created mixed people, which supposedly didn't happen in the USA? Then wouldn't that reflect the definition of a homogenous society?

In the US, having our Chinatowns, Little Havanas, French Quarters, Little Italy, Koreatowns, etc. are actually celebrated because it shows that our society as a whole is welcoming and more tolerant now than ever before. A foreigner coming to America doesn't need to worry about being accepted or implicitly asked to marry "an American" just to be accepted and mingle in society. We'll accept you as long as you're willing to work and work hard. We don't even care if you speak English and a lot of Americans here speak a foreign language at home and at work they live and die without speaking English.

Besides, last time I checked our own president is made up of Kenyan and Kansas blood.

You said 20% poverty in Rio de Janeiro, nuts in favelas...

Those are innacurate things about Rio

And I'm now again Baron's disciple, whatever this means... :P

Yeah, almost 20% of Rio natives live in favelas. It's an approximation. No amount of trying to catch me out will change this fact. Is 16% acceptable Danny! You are being pedantic in your attempt to avoid issues and when people state issues they are told not they have no right since they are not Brazilian!

You also say that some favelas are good living conditions. Erm, I disagree!

This topic is about Chicago, but the subject is if "an era of "New Frontier Olympics" will prevent another US game "...exactly the subject of the discution, no one is hijacking the thread...

Certain members are not sticking to the spirit of the discussion and hijacking the debate if anyone says anything against Rio.

Thanks to favelas we have samba :lol:

Chicago have poor districts, what the poor districts of Chicago gave to world?

Ah!!! 35 million poor people in USA, the numbers were released last week...

Why don't people here are worried about these poor US citizens??????

What did the poor areas of Chicago contribute to the world?

Chicago blues and jazz.

What did the poor areas of the United States contribute to the world?

Rap, hip-hop, and Rhythm and Blues (R&B). But most importantly, it was ground zero for the Civil Rights Movement which culminated to laws that banned racial discrimination, especially at work, and other protection for minorities, and opened up the borders which facilitated immigration for non-Europeans to come to the US.

You wonder why people here are not that worried for the 35 million poor US citizens? Because the poorest American in the streets of Chicago can still be considered richer than a poor Brazilian.

Archived