Complete Project Rio 2016

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's a cop out. I would like to see actual photos of the current sites. Renders can only show so much. If I attempt to find the photos, I would just be accused of not featuring the "correct" sites. I am most interested in the venues in the Barra cluster, but it would be good to provide images of venues in all of the clusters.

Here is what I did for the Chicago venues - http://www.gamesbids.com/forums/index.php?...14495&st=10

I will make a thread with those pictures... =]]]

The renders of the João Havelange Olympic Stadium, Maracanã Stadium, Live Site Quinta da Boa Vista (the park near Maracanã Stadium), the first photo of the Olympic Beach and others venues are new :)

I thought so. They're a lot more detailed and impressive than the first set which were posted in the huge venues thread a few months ago (renders which I though were actually pretty terrible in quality). Glad to see Rio recongised this as well and brought out some new ones. :)

Soaring, whilst you ask for photos, it doesn't really matter. The IOC, in Rio's final presentation, will be shown these ultra-beautified renders. That's what they'll at least partially make their judgement on so there's nothing wrong with this thread imho. It gives us an idea of what we'll see from Rio come October.

Rob, I never said anything was wrong with this thread, or these renders. They look great.

I started a thread with a ton of Chicago renders a while back too. I just think it would be good for myself, and others to be able to compare, especially if Rio is chosen, these areas will be completely transformed.

I understand what Soaring want to say. He want to see how are the terrain today to give an idea of the transformation. But Rio will use many venues that alread exist, at least the main venues like the olympic stadium. These venues were built for the panam games. In that ocasion, Rio chose to built them to meet the IOC requirements, not only the PASO requirements. But some venues that don't meet IOC, were projected to increase the capacity later in the case of an successful bid, that is the case of the João Havelange Stadium. The Barra region, like you said will have the most significative change.

The area were the venues will be built:

autodromo_jacarepagua_060307_ae_345.jpg

N33-128-360CD042-5905-4A29-BF964C201366AB16.JPG

Existent venues in this region:

Aquatics stadium:

marialenk3.jpg

semttulo2a.jpg

Velodrome:

velodromorio.jpg

Rio Centro, a convention centre that will host various indoor sports like Handball:

rio2007handebol023.jpg

rio2007handebol064.jpg

HSBC Arena, a ready venue with no works required:

843095092e7c7f48fb8.jpg

semttulo3oi.jpg

Because of the great number of download of my pictures, the photobucket is paralyzed. To see the photos again, click here:

http://www.rio2016.org.br/pt/Galeria/Imagens/Default.aspx

Official Website Rio 2016 - Complete Project

And thank you for the grat number of download of the photos of Rio 2016 project!

Thank you very much!

• 2 weeks later...
Please, Adrian, you are obviously a closet Rio supporter already. Every other post of yours is an attempt to scupper Chicago's bid. Your English also sounds suspiciously non-Canadian. We are not fooled.

I've known a number of people from Montreal. None of them write in English like Adrian.

CHItown '16

Please, Adrian, you are obviously a closet Rio supporter already. Every other post of yours is an attempt to scupper Chicago's bid. Your English also sounds suspiciously non-Canadian. We are not fooled.

I´m from Montreal and my FIRST language is french! Don´t you know that in our State of Quebec we have french language??? You are fool because you don´t consider this!!! :P

What´s your issue? :blink:

Adrian also did a "kkkkkkkk" laugh in one post here. Only Brazilians do that.

Mal aí, bro

:lol:I know. I use this in e-mail with my brazilian friend that works university in Chicago. I´m causing all of you to see your reactions and I say that´s funny :P:lol:

Those are some beautiful venues! I especially like the open-air swimming venue. Reminds me of Athens 2004. What a great games those were. Thanks for sharing Bezzi! :)

Unfortunately, new FINA regulations require the swimming competitions to be indoor. So a new temporary pool will be built in the new Olympic Training Center, next to the existing swimming stadium, which will be used for waterpolo.

Unfortunately, new FINA regulations require the swimming competitions to be indoor. So a new temporary pool will be built in the new Olympic Training Center, next to the existing swimming stadium, which will be used for waterpolo.

Aw, what a buzzkill. :(

"the swimming competitions to be indoor" Ohh God! What explain?

I´v heard that it would have to build another Swimming Park, but I dont realy know!

2 swimming parks to be built.

- After Julio Delamare demolition, a replacement park will be built in the other side of the rail tracks.

- For the SOG, the swimming venue will be temporary. I believe it will be inside one of the 4 halls of the future Olympic Training Center.

Archived