11:35 - 12:00 - Break

12:05 - 13:15 - Rio de Janeiro presentation

13:15 - 14:40 - Lunch for IOC members

14:45 - 15:55 - Madrid presentation

16:00 - 17:40 - IOC session (voting)

18:30 - 19:00 - Announcement of the host city by the IOC president

19:30 - 20:15 - Press conference and signature of the host city contract

20:15 a 21:00 - Cocktail with IOC and the host city

A lunch after Rio presentation. They will have some time to discuss Rio's bid. And Madrid presentation just before the voting. A good presentation can win some undecided members.

A lunch after Rio presentation. They will have some time to discuss Rio's bid. And Madrid presentation just before the voting. A good presentation can win some undecided members.

They will be discussing all three prior presentations. I thought all four cities have to sign the contract before the vote.

Provisional program of the XIII Olympic Congress

Friday 02 October 2009

08:30 - 08:45 - IOC session

08:45 - 09:55 - Chicago presentation

09:55 - 10:20 - Break

10:20 - 11:35 - Tokyo presentation

11:35 - 12:00 - Break

12:05 - 13:15 - Rio de Janeiro presentation

13:15 - 14:40 - Lunch for IOC members

14:45 - 15:55 - Madrid presentation

16:00 - 17:40 - IOC session (voting)

18:30 - 19:00 - Announcement of the host city by the IOC president

19:30 - 20:15 - Press conference and signature of the host city contract

20:15 a 21:00 - Cocktail with IOC and the host city

Well, the theory of displacement would suggest that Chicago and Madrid have the best slots in the bid order.

23 days left

Oh my! This month will be so long. My anxiousness will kill me before the Congress. If i not die, i will have an heart attack when Jaques Rogge say "Rio de Janeiro"

Well, the theory of displacement would suggest that Chicago and Madrid have the best slots in the bid order.

I'd say that Madrid has the worst place. Organization theory recognizes that right after lunch (especially if wine has been served. Would that EVER happen at an IOC lunch??!) is when people feel snoozy. If Madrid turns off the lights for aprt of their presentation, snoring might be heard.

I'd say that Madrid has the worst place. Organization theory recognizes that right after lunch (especially if wine has been served. Would that EVER happen at an IOC lunch??!) is when people feel snoozy. If Madrid turns off the lights for aprt of their presentation, snoring might be heard.

If I am right, 4 years ago, London was just after lunch.....

Or the IOC might feel recharged and focused on Madrid!

C'mon Madrid! :D

Daylight Saving is STILL IN EFFECT on 2nd October, so it is GMT +2

Just checking - can only please correct me?

You are totally right - Daylight Saving lasts this year in Europe until October 25th, 2009 (here in Europe daylight saving time lasts always from the last weekend in march to the last weekend in october)!

Copenhagen has CET (Central European Time), which is GMT+1 - during the Daylight Saving time we call it CEST or CEDT - therefore it is GMT+2

No. Maybe the presentations, but the announcement and the press conference will be broadcasted for various countries.

No

Presentations should be broadcasted live in the 4 bidding countries & the announcement worldwide on a lot of channels, specially the news ones.

Presentations & announcement will also be on the IOC website

Archived