After 2014 And 2016, What Will Brazil Bid For?

OK, Brazil is committed to 2014. If Rio gets 2016, what's left??? What will they bid for?

I mean ins't it all too much, too soon? I'm sure there will be many depression hangovers after a 2014-2016 double-Games. Are there enough sports psychologists in Brazil to handle that?

What if, say Brazil took a rest for like 6 years? So tried to come back in 2020...I think that would be healthier for the morale of the Brazilians.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, Brazil is committed to 2014. If Rio gets 2016, what's left??? What will they bid for?

I mean ins't it all too much, too soon? I'm sure there will be many depression hangovers after a 2014-2016 double-Games. Are there enough sports psychologists in Brazil to handle that?

What if, say Brazil took a rest for like 6 years? So tried to come back in 2020...I think that would be healthier for the morale of the Brazilians.

Maybe the First CWG outside the British countries...Would that be all right, Sir?

This sarcasm is regrettable...

History of the people against Rio in the forum:

Tactic number 1:

Defame the city with the themes "crime" and "favelas".

Tactic number 2: They have created many trolls to open threads here questioning the candidacy of Rio.

Tactic number 3 (current strategy, clearly noticeable in this topic):

Create the illusion that Brazil is the only country in history to host the Olympics and the World Cup.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

How many countries in the world hosted de world cup and the olympics ? What they did after that? Typically, these countries apply the world cup and the Olympics again, with other cities, and world championships too.

In this story, is not Brazil that represent a repeated theme, a repeated experience. Brazil is the new :)

Oh Rob... but the tactic is to create a stupid and false image that the World Cup + Olympics in Brazil is a really 'unfair'. Unfair? For USA and Mexico was not 'unfair'. Why is it unfair to Brazil? The latest edition of the world cup in Brazil was in 1950 and the country never hosted the Olympics, unlike the other competing countries.

This tactic "world cup and olympics in Brazil no" of some people is dirty, it's disgusting.

You're right, it wouldn't be "unfair" to have Brazil hosting both. If the IOC picks Rio, that's fair enough.

But, there's nothing wrong with asking the question "will IOC members vote for a city other than Rio because of the world cup?" That's a valid question to ask on these forums.

And nor is there anything wrong with asking the question "do you feel the world cup would lessen your enjoyment of a Rio Olympics?" That's also a valid question.

What I asked was: OK, if Rio wins 2016, then Brazil would've hosted the PINNACLE of sportsdom within 2 eyars of each other. Everything else after that would be a letdown. Like a steady build-up for either event would be great...but to have them 2 years in a row...and IT IS QUITE DIFFERENT from USA 1994 - 1996. (Remember Atlanta was not even a WC hosting city in 1994...so there was NO OVERLAP...)

It's a fair question...but are the Brazilians here sportsmenlike (I remember the jeering and baiting of non-Brazilian competitors in PanAm 2007) to tackle the question? :blink:

Dream on the UN will never move out of New York. An IAFF event would be good for Rio though along with FINA Champoionships.

Well considering the UN is unwelcome in NY by the mayors office (the current and previous mayor have had some very famous fights with the UN) it wouldn't be unthinkable. At one time Montreal was considered as the possible location.

Well considering the UN is unwelcome in NY by the mayors office (the current and previous mayor have had some very famous fights with the UN) it wouldn't be unthinkable. At one time Montreal was considered as the possible location.

Actually, it was Vienna that tried to bait them in the 70s. But as I've mentioned before, the rank and file...or at least when I was there...didn't like to be uprooted out of NYC. PLUS, they are now on a 5-year renovation program of the hqrts building there...so....dream on.

The same thing what the United States done after 1994 and 1996...

This thread doesn't put down Brazil. It's a joke, tongue in cheeck.

That said, other threads which discuss poverty and the impact of the world cup are perfectly acceptable topics of discussion and are not intended to put down Rio's bid.

Its funny, I did not noticed you were joking. Your sense of humour is little acid.

Gee who would care about bidding on another games after you hosted the World Cup in 2014 and the Summer Olympics in 2016 ? Brazilians and Brazil would be on top of the world for getting things done if things go well. The Possibility of both 2014 and 2016 going well is very good considering the realistic budgeting for both as opposed to those who actually estimate a games will be 3 billion pounds and then end up at 9 billion pounds.

This crap about too much for Brazil is stupid really. A place that at times has in the last century been at the cutting edge of architecture and other areas of human endeavor should be well respected and hence have the games beign as it is a long overdue.

Jim jones

Archived