Busy US soccer season

People (especially you, Mexico1968), the busiest soccer nation this weekend was the U.S.A.  Not only is the US hosting 11 other nations at the CONCACAF Gold Cup at 6 locations, but the MLS league is in full swing -- and the US women beat Ukraine 7-0.  So there were at least 13 professional and national level games going on all over the USA this weekend.  

So, the US is not a major soccer market?  Hmmm... :glare:

BTW, South Africa BEAT Mexico, 2-1, last Friday in front of a heavily pro-Mexican crowd in Carson, CA yet.

Gold Cup  homepage

Say, how is the USA soccer team so far? I'm sure it will be in Germany next year for the World Cup, but I haven't come to these boards since the 2012 Games decision.

People (especially you, Mexico1968), the busiest soccer nation this weekend was the U.S.A.  Not only is the US hosting 11 other nations at the CONCACAF Gold Cup at 6 locations, but the MLS league is in full swing -- and the US women beat Ukraine 7-0.  So there were at least 13 professional and national level games going on all over the USA this weekend.  

So, the US is not a major soccer market?  Hmmm... :glare:

BTW, South Africa BEAT Mexico, 2-1, last Friday in front of a heavily pro-Mexican crowd in Carson, CA yet.

Gold Cup  homepage

But how many soccer games take place in the USA every weekend (or midweek) on average/ in season?

Chivas USA?  

You're mad because MLS is taking the best players away from Central America?

I dont support Chivas here on Mexico son i dont care about that ###### team.

Mls taks players from Central America?..what a ####?..Central America (part of CONCACAF) is the worst soccer part in the world, with the worst players, they can take whoever they wants..

Baron you and i dont have anything to discuss about soccer, MLS is a #### for me and thats my opinion.

Chivas USA?  

Mls taks players from Central America?..what a ####?..Central America (part of CONCACAF) is the worst soccer part in the world, with the worst players, they can take whoever they wants..

Baron you and i dont have anything to discuss about soccer, MLS is a #### for me and thats my opinion.

Civas USA is the worst team in the MLS.

They have only won one game! :D  :(

Don't forget what the USA did to Mexico in the round of 16 game in World Cup 2002!(le metimo por el culito!) :D  :unclesam:

Chivas USA?  

Don't forget what the USA did to Mexico in the round of 16 game in World Cup 2002!(le metimo por el culito!) :D  :unclesam:

el unico que se mete cosas por el culo eres tu hijo de tu grandisima puta madre.

Esta discusion es entre baron y yo, vete a tomar por el culo hijoputa caribeño negro de mierda!!

Chivas USA?  

el unico que se mete cosas por el culo eres tu hijo de tu grandisima puta madre.

Esta discusion es entre baron y yo, vete a tomar por el culo hijoputa caribeño negro de mierda!!

OK! Maricon!! No te enfade tanto!

No te metieron por el culito esta noche come te gusta bien duro? :laugh:

Te dejo tu putito novio? :(

Chivas USA?  

Te dejo tu putito novio?

tu muta madre me dejo por puta la cabrona

Chivas USA?  

Te dejo tu putito novio?

Mi santa madre odia maricones come tu!

Chivas USA?  

Te dejo tu putito novio?

PUes ella no tuve ningun inconveniente en chuparmela hijo de tu putisima madre y no hablemos de tu putisimo padre.

Chivas USA?  

Te dejo tu putito novio?

PUes ella no tuve ningun inconveniente en chuparmela hijo de tu putisima madre y no hablemos de tu putisimo padre.

Mexico1968, me quiere encontrar manana en LAX(Los Angeles Int Airportz), a las 12:30 PM, para yo meterte por el culito lindo , como te gusta mucho? :P

What an amazing conversation between RAP and Mexico... I think this can be a postulant for the Nobel Prize...  :suspect:

Ehmm... I don't think USA IS a power in the football only because they have 13 professional matches... okay... they have the Gold Cup exactly as Peru had the Copamérica and Portugal had the Euro last year... and Gold Cup isn't the BIGGEST tournament of the world. And I think all the countries have at least 2 professional leagues with more than 12 teams in each league... that is 12 professional matches each weekand... And of course USA have most matches than any ocuntry in the world, because most of the rest of the leagues are in vacations. I'm not saying that US sucks... but I don't see the importance of this... It is as important as Colo Colo beating Melipilla :sleepy:

Anyway, last week the IFFHS published its annual ranking of national leagues:

1. Italy 594,0                                41. Argelia 182,0

2. England 587,0                          42. Zimbabwe 177,0

3. Spain 482,0                           43. Cameroon 174,0

4. Argentina 478,0                         44. Azerbaijan 171,0

5. France 472,0                        45. Jordan 168,0

6. Brazil 453,0                         46. Angola 167,0

7. Netherlands 449,5                         Macedonia 167,0

8. Mexico 446,0                         48. Bolivia 164,0

9. Colombia 391,5                         Poland 164,0

10. Germany 382,0                         50. Armenia 162,0

11. Portugal 373,0                         51. Albania 161,0

12. Greece 336,0                         52. Bulgaria 160,5

13. Russia 322,0                         53. India 160,0

14. Chile 310,5                         54. Israel 159,5

15. Turkey 309,0                         55. Vietnam 159,0

16. UAE 306,5                         56. Georgia 158,0

17. Belgium 297,0                         57. Serbia & Montenegro 157,0

18. Scotland 295,5                         58. Senegal 154,0

19. Uruguay 259,5                         59. Romania 145,0

20. South Africa 257,5                         60. Venezuela 143,0

21. Paraguay 253,5                         61. Malaysia 140,0

22. Morocco 251,0                         62. Hungary 139,0

Saudi Arabia 251,0                         63. Denmark 138,0

24. Nigeria 236,0                         Zambia 138,0

25. Qatar 235,5                         65. Switzerland 137,0

26. Ukraine 231,5                         Slovakia 137,0

27. Kuwait 227,0                         67. Japan 134,0

28. Austria 218,0                         68. Costa Rica 132,0

29. South Korea 217,0                         69. Guatemala 131,0

30. Peru 211,5                         Panama 131,0

31. Bahrain 211,0                         71. Jamaica 123,5

Ghana 211,0                         Syria 123,5

33. Ecuador 205,0                         73. El Salvador 119,0

Estonia 205,0                         Thailand 119,0

35. Egipto 203,5                         75. Honduras 118,0

36. China 196,0                         76. Croatia 117,0

37. Côte d'Ivoire 195,0                         77. USA 115,0

38. Tunisia 194,0                         78. Lithuania 114,0

39. Czech Rep. 189,0                         79. Slovenia 111,0

40. Iran 188,0                         80. Belarus 110,0

(Sorry for the format... it was the only that I could find)

PD: RAP, tu eres portorriqueño... y la selección de Puerto Rico está en el lugar ¿200? o algo por el estilo... asi que, posibilidades de hablar sobre fútbol son pocas. Cada vez que hablas con Mexico le sacas en cara que Mexico perdió con Estados Unidos... pero de un total de 51 partidos jugados, 30 han sido ganados por los aztecas, 10 empates y solo 11 han sido ganados por los gringos. Además, bien infantil tu manera de insultar de todas formas.

What an amazing conversation between RAP and Mexico... I think this can be a postulant for the Nobel Prize...  :suspect:

Ehmm... I don't think USA IS a power in the football only because they have 13 professional matches... okay... they have the Gold Cup exactly as Peru had the Copamérica and Portugal had the Euro last year... and Gold Cup isn't the BIGGEST tournament of the world. And I think all the countries have at least 2 professional leagues with more than 12 teams in each league... that is 12 professional matches each weekand... And of course USA have most matches than any ocuntry in the world, because most of the rest of the leagues are in vacations. I'm not saying that US sucks... but I don't see the importance of this... It is as important as Colo Colo beating Melipilla :sleepy:

Anyway, last week the IFFHS published its annual ranking of national leagues:

1. Italy 594,0                                41. Argelia 182,0

2. England 587,0                          42. Zimbabwe 177,0

3. Spain 482,0                           43. Cameroon 174,0

4. Argentina 478,0                         44. Azerbaijan 171,0

5. France 472,0                        45. Jordan 168,0

6. Brazil 453,0                         46. Angola 167,0

7. Netherlands 449,5                         Macedonia 167,0

8. Mexico 446,0                         48. Bolivia 164,0

9. Colombia 391,5                         Poland 164,0

10. Germany 382,0                         50. Armenia 162,0

11. Portugal 373,0                         51. Albania 161,0

12. Greece 336,0                         52. Bulgaria 160,5

13. Russia 322,0                         53. India 160,0

14. Chile 310,5                         54. Israel 159,5

15. Turkey 309,0                         55. Vietnam 159,0

16. UAE 306,5                         56. Georgia 158,0

17. Belgium 297,0                         57. Serbia & Montenegro 157,0

18. Scotland 295,5                         58. Senegal 154,0

19. Uruguay 259,5                         59. Romania 145,0

20. South Africa 257,5                         60. Venezuela 143,0

21. Paraguay 253,5                         61. Malaysia 140,0

22. Morocco 251,0                         62. Hungary 139,0

Saudi Arabia 251,0                         63. Denmark 138,0

24. Nigeria 236,0                         Zambia 138,0

25. Qatar 235,5                         65. Switzerland 137,0

26. Ukraine 231,5                         Slovakia 137,0

27. Kuwait 227,0                         67. Japan 134,0

28. Austria 218,0                         68. Costa Rica 132,0

29. South Korea 217,0                         69. Guatemala 131,0

30. Peru 211,5                         Panama 131,0

31. Bahrain 211,0                         71. Jamaica 123,5

Ghana 211,0                         Syria 123,5

33. Ecuador 205,0                         73. El Salvador 119,0

Estonia 205,0                         Thailand 119,0

35. Egipto 203,5                         75. Honduras 118,0

36. China 196,0                         76. Croatia 117,0

37. Côte d'Ivoire 195,0                         77. USA 115,0

38. Tunisia 194,0                         78. Lithuania 114,0

39. Czech Rep. 189,0                         79. Slovenia 111,0

40. Iran 188,0                         80. Belarus 110,0

(Sorry for the format... it was the only that I could find)

PD: RAP, tu eres portorriqueño... y la selección de Puerto Rico está en el lugar ¿200? o algo por el estilo... asi que, posibilidades de hablar sobre fútbol son pocas. Cada vez que hablas con Mexico le sacas en cara que Mexico perdió con Estados Unidos... pero de un total de 51 partidos jugados, 30 han sido ganados por los aztecas, 10 empates y solo 11 han sido ganados por los gringos. Además, bien infantil tu manera de insultar de todas formas.

Where is the USA in this list?

Granted, I feel the MSL is basically a third division English

League calibur(maybe?), but I feel the USA national team is definetly a legitimate round of 16 team. They have made lots of progress since USA COPA Mundial 1994, with some of their top players making in roads in the European leagues( Casey Keller, Brad Fiedal, Tim Howard with the English Premier League, and Claudio Reyna, Ernie Stewart and Landon Donovan).

I am not saying that we can beat a Brazil, Italy, England, France, in a  World Cup setting, but we will be very competative.

Of course we will beat Mexico(somos sus 'papis:!)

Puerto Rico has a long way to go.

Baseball and Boxing are the sport people get excited about on the island.

My cousin(may he rest in peace) was the head of the Puerto Rican soccer Federation and did alot to help bring the game to the island after spending  a number of years in Spain  studying and being on the Medical Commitee of FIFA till the late 1990s.

I am A New York Rican living in Central California and I hope all my conversations with Mexico68 are all taken in jest, as I descriminate against no one and Mexicans are a good portion of my clients.

I just like to spice things up a bit on this forum and I am usually half drunk when I post in the late evening!

PEACE! :)  :unclesam:

Where is the USA in this list?

Actually, KRATK is a liar.  I can't find that list.  ANd the one list I checked there puts the U.S. at 71.  But it is an incredibly dubious list that only the likes of KRATK and Mexico1968 would rely upon.  Who quotes this totally unheard of site?  

Furthermore, how can anyone really match up MLS with the leagues of England or Germany?  Gimme a break -- the MLS only started in 1995.   My God, it's barely a decade old.  But in that decade, I bet it's far ahead of any of the other leagues when they were only 10 years old as well.  

BTW, everyone, Colombia eliminated heavily favored Mexico 2-1 in the Concacaf Gold Cup; whereas the US kicked Jamaican butt 3-1.  

So it goes...

http://www.fifa.com/en....00.html

Top 10 according to FIFA

1 Brazil            0     836  -4

2 France            0     782 -7

3 Argentina  0     777 -6

4 Czech Republic 0     774     -2

5 Spain            0     759  -5

6 Mexico            0    752 -3

7 Netherlands  -1    750 -5

8 England    0     746  -3

9 Portugal     0    740   -5

10 Italy              0    736     -2

10 USA             1     736     5

194 Puerto Rico 0     75 0

The Gold Cup turned a disaster for the Mexican team, but perhaps its performance in the Confederations will be its temporary redemption. A fourth place in such tournament (evidently a excuse to get money) will serve as a new excuse of the Mexicans to remind the other teams of the CONCACAF that they are still the so-called giants.

But again, I think both the US and Mexican team suck (and same goes to the rest of the CONCACAF)

http://www.fifa.com/en....00.html

Top 10 according to FIFA

1 Brazil            0     836  -4

2 France            0     782 -7

3 Argentina  0     777 -6

4 Czech Republic 0     774     -2

5 Spain            0     759  -5

6 Mexico            0    752 -3

7 Netherlands  -1    750 -5

8 England    0     746  -3

9 Portugal     0    740   -5

10 Italy              0    736     -2

10 USA             1     736     5

194 Puerto Rico 0     75 0

The Gold Cup turned a disaster for the Mexican team, but perhaps its performance in the Confederations will be its temporary redemption. A fourth place in such tournament (evidently a excuse to get money) will serve as a new excuse of the Mexicans to remind the other teams of the CONCACAF that they are still the so-called giants.

But again, I think both the US and Mexican team suck (and same goes to the rest of the CONCACAF)

Both Mexico and the USA qualified for the round of 16 in Japan-Korea 2002.

thats 2 out of three teams from CONCAFAF.

Can't suck that much don't you think? ???

What world  Football power do you live in?

It must be BRAZIL!! ?? ???  Right??? :unclesam:

Baron, the list is made by the IFFHS (International Federation of Football History and Statistics... IFFHS Homepage.

It is very strange but it is the only official ranking of leagues... In the page of IFFSH is the ranking of 2004... and USA is in the 71th place...

This is the explanation of IFFHS about its ranking:

The classification of the best leagues of the world is made objectively without any out side influence of any sort. We follow the criteria that the level of performance of a league is reflected by the best classified teams of that league who in turn usually represent their country in international club competitions. If one looks at the football power-houses of the world, one notices that regularly 4 or 5 clubs of their leagues are always competing in con tinental competitions. By adding the points won in all competitions by the five best placed clubs of each league, we have the points for the country which in turn helps to establish a fair classification. It is important to note that only the yearly classification is representative, since all competitions move along the whole season and over twelve months, we have an objective view of the best. This system has been used since 1991, and it is recognized today as the most precise in rating the leagues of the world.

And the ranking of lrd1rocha is different... is the Ranking of National Football Teams, not National Leagues...

Baron, I just give an information and it is not my responsability of how the ranking is made or if it is fair to compare the Bundesliga with the MLS. Please, don't be angry with me because of this... it isn't my fault that US haven't a professional league 10 years before.

Furthermore, how can anyone really match up MLS with the leagues of England or Germany?  Gimme a break -- the MLS only started in 1995.   My God, it's barely a decade old.  But in that decade, I bet it's far ahead of any of the other any of the other leagues when they were only 10 years old as well.

When most of "these" leagues were 10 years old, it was many, many decades ago. Football wasn´t that rich as it is today...

Even so, US League still has a lot to improve yet. I would like to see US clubs joining the Libertadores Cup, just to see how good can they perform against Latin American clubs.......

Archived