Next Asian country to host FIFA World Cup?

With FIFA rotating the World Cup who do you think will be the next Asian host after the 2002 World Cup co-hosted by South Korea and Japan.  All signs seem to point to China especially if China is successful with the 2008 Olympics.  China has recently constructed a number of state-of-the-art stadiums and that does not include the new 100,000 seat Olympic Stadium in Beijing.  Also, China will host the 2007 FIFA Women's World Cup so it's obvious that FIFA believes China can host a major soccer tourney even if the women's tourney isn't on as grand a scale as the men's.

The only other country that I can see hosting the World Cup out of that region is Australia.  OK, I know Australia isn't part of Asia, but it's in that same vicinity sort of.  Australia hosted a very successful Rugby World Cup in 2003 and let's not forget the 2000 Sydney Games.  If New Zealand could ever build some new stadiums I could see New Zealand co-hosting with Australia much like South Korea and Japan did. Regardless, I'd be willing to bet money that it's only a matter of time before Australia and China each get a turn at hosting the FIFA World Cup.

World Cup will return to Asia or Australia in either 2022 or 2026, after the US in 2018.

World Cup will return to Asia or Australia in either 2022 or 2026, after England in 2018. :hmm:

As I said, dunderhead-mikel, the World Cup will return to Asia or Australia in either 2022 or 2026, after the US in 2018.  Doncha get it?

2006 - Europe

2010 - Africa

2014 - So. America

2018 - 24 years since 1994, so back to No. America

2022 - 20 years since Korea/Japan - so back to Asia

2026 - 20 years since Germany, so Europe again?

Gee, it's as simple as that, knucklehead.  :rolleyes:

So:

GO CANADA 2018!!! or, if you prefer, GO MEXICO 2018!!!

Baron, you have to understand that North America isn't only the USA, and if you think so then you will have to wait at least 40 years between two World Cups in the USA, capicci? :rolleyes:

PD. Knucklehead, you father :sleepy:

So:

Baron, you have to understand that North America isn't only the USA, and if you think so then you will have to wait at least 40 years between two World Cups in the USA, capicci? :rolleyes:

The World Cup  when it goes back to North America, will go baclk to the USA.

Forget Canada, that has a sorry national side that can't even get out of priliminary qualifying for CONCACAF.

FIFA would rather have the World CUP in the USA, where they are guaranteed to make lots of money with filled stadiums at high ticket prices which Mexicans can't afford in their own country. :D

GO USA 2018!!

:unclesam:

So:

Forget Canada, that has a sorry national side that can't even get out of priliminary qualifying for CONCACAF.

FIFA would rather have the World CUP in the USA, where they are guaranteed to make lots of money with filled stadiums at high ticket prices which Mexicans can't afford in their own country. :D

GO USA 2018!!

Mmm, no:

GO ENGLAND 2018!!! :suspect:

So:

Are u senile?  Canada is a hockey country first and FOREMOST.  WHy should they award a global event to a country whose team will only get in there because of its host status, play 3 games then disappear?  Duh!

Mexico has had its 2x and is in no physical state to stage a 3rd time.  Duh.  It DOESN'T even have a Mexican company as one of FIFA's worldwide partners.  Of the 14 FIFA Partners this year, 7 are American companies.

Obviously, mikel, you will never hold an IOC or a FIFA position.  And you can stay as stupid as you like...or not.    :rolleyes:

The only other country that I can see hosting the World Cup out of that region is Australia.  OK, I know Australia isn't part of Asia, but it's in that same vicinity sort of.

Actually, as far as FIFA is concerned, from the moment Germany 2006 ends, Australia IS part of the Asian Confederation.

Whatever, I'm not holding my breath for an Australian hosting soon. China will almost certainly be the next Asian host, Aussie hopes and pretentions or not.

Unless it's the women's world cup, I don't think either China or Canada really has business hosting a world cup.

But hey, the prognosticator "genius" mikel predicts China, Australia, Canada or some European country again.  :rolleyes:  Really stupid amateurish prognostications.

Australia MAYBE.

But yeah those are WILD expectations.

for fock sacks, can't any of these threads not become a mikel-baron brawl that happens to involve RAP, like what the fock, can't this ever end, why does everything have to be about USA/Spain, USA/Europe, baron - just don't responded to mikel's or the other eurocentric people's post, god there is enough fighting on this board without you two turning everything into about the USA or Mikel

this thread is about what Asian nation will host next, which is obviously China, unfortunately, but obviously

Nope.  I'll speak when I feel I am right.  And mikel, who gets it right some of the time, just plays xenophobic dumb when he wants to.  I am also so tired of people knocking the US when it has done more good than bad for the world and the Olympic movement -- but not tired enough to let unwarranted and unjustified criticism, go unanswered.  

Sometimes you really wonder how this Spaniard is going to become a credible diplomat.   :rolleyes:

Nope.  I'll speak when I feel I am right.  And mikel, who gets it right some of the time, just plays xenophobic dumb when he wants to.  I am also so tired of people knocking the US when it has done more good than bad for the world and the Olympic movement -- but not tired enough to let unwarranted and unjustified criticism, go unanswered.  

Sometimes you really wonder how this Spaniard is going to become a credible diplomat.   :rolleyes:

We'll see in 2011, you think it will be the USA's turn but I think it will be Europe's turn again

(Because obviously AMERICA will host in 2014!!! and there isn't a rotation like this:

- Europe

- Other

- Southamerica

- USA (You say Northamerica, but otherwise it's the same... because the USA can't and won't host each 16 years!!!))

World Cup USA-2018 will do a reverse of 1994.

The opening game will be on the West Coast, at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and the finals will be in the East -- at the new Giants stadium in New Jersey.

This would be great but no in 2018: USA 2030 sounds better.

2018- England

2022- China

2026- Argentina-Chile (joint bid)

2030- USA

2034- Spain

2038- Iran

2042- Australia

:)

After 2 Southern Hemishpere WCs in 2010 and 2014, I don't think a 3rd s.h. WC will happen until 2030 at the earliest.  

So I would rule Australia out for the next 2 decades.

I don't think the North-South divide is as pronounced with the FIFA WC as it is with the Olympics. A lot more soccer powers are south of the equator than general sports powers, so the WC has had to come south more often.

I'd say of more importance is the time zone divide _ which is good and bad news for a USA 2018 tournament. The next two (Germany 2006 and SAfrica 2010) are perfectly placed for the prime-time TV audiences in the European heartland, while 2014 (assuming it goes to Brazil or somewhere else in South America) will fit the western hemiphere zone. What does this mean for 2018? Probably not much of an indicator, except that Europe's getting two in a row in its time zone, so why not the Americas (or Asia again)?

As to your other points about Australia, I concur. As I said before, I really don't think Oz is going to host anytime soon, though in the long run I'm sure it will happen.

World Cup USA-2018 will do a reverse of 1994.

The opening game will be on the West Coast, at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and the finals will be in the East -- at the new Giants stadium in New Jersey.

This would be great but no in 2018: USA 2030 sounds better.

2018- England

2022- China

2026- Argentina-Chile (joint bid)

2030- USA

2034- Spain

2038- Iran

2042- Australia

:)

:laughlong:   Great for fantasy.   :laughlong:

So:

GO USA 2018!!

Mmm, no:

GO ENGLAND 2018!!! :suspect:

Hmmm...  Thanks Mikel, we do appreciate your support, after your own country of course (only natural)!  I do love you conversations with the Baton (sorry Baron) - it's very entertaining to say the least...

Are u senile?  Canada is a hockey country first and FOREMOST.  WHy should they award a global event to a country whose team will only get in there because of its host status, play 3 games then disappear?  Duh!

Mexico has had its 2x and is in no physical state to stage a 3rd time.  Duh.  It DOESN'T even have a Mexican company as one of FIFA's worldwide partners.  Of the 14 FIFA Partners this year, 7 are American companies.

Obviously, mikel, you will never hold an IOC or a FIFA position.  And you can stay as stupid as you like...or not.    :rolleyes:

God Baron, there is no need to shout here!!!

Archived