What About Evalution And About Madrid

Not a good point : "the bid budget documentation lacked clarity and showed limited understanding of Olympic requirements"

yesread that i some sites, and some people say tht rotation is the fact of those words .... i dont know..

It's NOT Madrid's time. I think the IOC is waiting for a Berlin, Paris or Rome--far more important European cities on the scale of things--for the next Euro setting.

Madrid is just too f*cking over-ambitious.

Well i prefer Sevilla , but , u have to recognice facts and dont menospreciate MAdrid, because they can make olympics same or better that the others one thatu said.... in this rank those cities that u said f++++ too to Chicago and Rio for example...

Over ambitious no..... in spain there are a feeling that madrid bid 2016 was/ is / will be something or IOC members mind for 2020 go 100% for to win games, the problem now is that everyone wanna win Madrid too and Spanish people too but in beginging this bid was for 2020.

And I wish an amercan continent city to win for deleted thm for 2020 :D

It's NOT Madrid's time. I think the IOC is waiting for a Berlin, Paris or Rome--far more important European cities on the scale of things--for the next Euro setting.

Yeah... the influence of Rome is that high... hahahahaha, the real economic and political center of Italy is Milan... that's because Poland-Ukraine could beat them for Euro 2012... <_< So don't talk about influence, little baronzuelo ;)

Yeah... the influence of Rome is that high... hahahahaha, the real economic and political center of Italy is Milan... that's because Poland-Ukraine could beat them for Euro 2012... <_< So don't talk about influence, little baronzuelo ;)

whatdahell does Euro 2012 have to do with Rome? It was time to give it to another new country.

So what if Milan is the eco-political center of Italy, our Italian posters here confirm that CONI always goes with Rome because the lay of the land is better in Rome for a HUGE thing like the Olympics, tiny mikelzuela. ;)

Your arrogance and viciousness towards Madrid is disgusting. Spain is a very important European country and Madrid is one of the premier capitals of Europe, as well as noted around the world for many outstanding qualities. I would NOT say that Rome or Berlin are far more important in ANY light. Your labeling of Madrid as "too over-ambitious", which is redundant and doesn't even make proper grammatical sense, as well as throwing in an expletive, shows your petulance and ignorance of the Spanish capital. It is by NO means too ambitious for Madrid to host an Olympic games, and you are extremely insulting when you imply that they couldn't handle it, or shouldn't bother bidding because they are too unimportant to compete with other cities. You are the exact opposite of the what the Olympics is supposed to represent and uphold with your demeaning comments and small minded views.

Your arrogance and viciousness towards Madrid is disgusting. Spain is a very important European country and Madrid is one of the premier capitals of Europe, as well as noted around the world for many outstanding qualities. I would NOT say that Rome or Berlin are far more important in ANY light. Your labeling of Madrid as "too over-ambitious", which is redundant and doesn't even make proper grammatical sense, as well as throwing in an expletive, shows your petulance and ignorance of the Spanish capital. It is by NO means too ambitious for Madrid to host an Olympic games, and you are extremely insulting when you imply that they couldn't handle it, or shouldn't bother bidding because they are too unimportant to compete with other cities. You are the exact opposite of the what the Olympics is supposed to represent and uphold with your demeaning comments and small minded views.

WOW well done :D

His first sentence is almost certainly correct though. It's not Madrid's time, but that's because of a different European capital, London, not because of Paris or Berlin. The less than overwhelming evaluation report only confirms this further for me.

His first sentence is almost certainly correct though. It's not Madrid's time, but that's because of a different European capital, London, not because of Paris or Berlin. The less than overwhelming evaluation report only confirms this further for me.

We can accept than it's not our time, not only because London 2012, but Sochi 2014, Torino 2006 and Athens 2004, so Madrid 2016 is really difficult... But not because of the influence of Spain, remember we won New York and Moscow in 2012... And you may say it was because of Samaranch, but hey, then Samaranch has more influence than Putin or Hillary Clinton hahaha.

Madrid is one of the most important European cities, with a population of 3.5 million and more than 5.5 in the metropolitan area, it's bigger than Berlin or Rome, so cierra la boca baronucho de narices :D

Blah...blah... I'm glad you feel very insulted, you provincial prick. :P

A shockingly underwhelming report. It had to be really good to upset the odds, and it isn't. Therefore, I'm going to stick my neck out and say Madrid won't win in a month's time. It's between the other three for me.

That's exactly what I think right now. I think it's amazing that Madrid had that specificlly clear idea about the Olympic movement requirements in 2005 and nowadays seems quite a mess for the IOC. I don't get it, sorry!

I think it's just a polite way so say them WTF? It's not your time.

By the way, I don't feel comfortable with the Madrid report. It is unfair. Why don't tell the truth? Why don't clearly say that the IOC were merely interested in having incomes of bidding cities, although they had no intention of awarding Europe again? That's the real thing behind the report and I find it unfair.

Madrid has had one of the best technical bids ever in last two decades, and it doesn't seem important for the IOC with such an unintelligent argument as a "varied quality documentation". I feel upset, really.

WHO CARES if it's bigger than Berlin or Rome? Beijing, Tokyo, Moscow are ALL bigger than Madrid and are more important on the global scheme of things than Madrid. You are so ridiculously literate and silly at the same time.

Moscow was defeated by Madrid in 2012 :o And we will see if Tokyo follows the same steps... so again cierra la boca, baronucho de pacotilla.

This conversation is ridiculous... :wacko:

Well, I have to say some things: first, saying "it's not your time" is really stupid. Everyone knows that the IOC doesn't want Europe to host 2016 Games, but Madrid's bid can't be reduced to "it's not your time". Continental rotation is just another factor to considerate.

And what about an over-ambitious bid? Let's think about a student who's always studying in order to get a high mark in an exam. Once the exam has finished, the teacher tells him he will fail because he had studied too much, he had been very ambitious, which, of course, is not good :rolleyes: Doesn't make any sense, does it? The same happens with an over-ambitious Madrid.

Petty details. Need I remind you, tontillo, that all 4 cities...Moscow, Madrid, NYCand Paris ALL LOST??? It doesn't matter who came out 2nd or 3rd. Duh!! :rolleyes: The only winner was London.

Yeah, but Madrid had enough influence to lead one round (the only one city apart from London to lead a round) and enough influence to beat the superb influence of Putin's Moscow and Hillary Clinton's New York <_<

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Apaga el televisor, y enciende tu transistor, y siente unas cosquillitas por lo pies ... (8)

To be fair beating NYC, a city whose stadium project fell through, wouldn't have taken much influence or brilliance. And nor would beating Moscow, a city everyone knew would go out first.

That's not having a go, just stating facts. Madrid could easily have won 2012, their timing was right and their bid was very good. This time their timing is off and the brilliance of their bid has been questioned.

I agree that the overall tone with regards Madrid's is slightly 'dull' compared to other bids.

However, in some respects Madrid actually had the least criticized report. I mean, Madrid had criticism with regards being complicit with WADA. However, Spanish authorities have explicitly stated that they are so in effect this criticism is somewhat unjust. I you analyse what Madrid was criticized for it is actually less concerning than the other bids. I mean, Chicago's financing issues, Tokyo's lying about venues, Rio's infrastructure problems etc. Madrid highlighted concerns were actually 'smaller' in significance than the other bids.

A lot of the tone of a report is down to the language. The language used for Madrid's report did seem more harsh relative to the language for Rio's which has more issues to deal with. I found that surprising - the fact that the IOC was fairly light on Rio even though it is the biggest risk, yet was quite 'down' on the other bids relatively.

I don't think Madrid will win even though I want it to.

Archived