The Aussies have arrived

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That has to be the worst umpiring decision I've seen for a long time. Even I can defend that, very poor for an umpire who is regarded as the second best in the world.

It was about as poor as the lbw Marcus Trescothick got from Daryl Harpar against Sri Lanka when he got the biggest inside edge you'll ever see in your life.

Australia's captain Ricky Ponting was fined 75% of his match fee tonight for his outburst towards the England dressing room after being run out yesterday.

Simon Katich was also fined half his match fee for dissent after being given out today.

Not that you could really blame Katich after the poor decision he got.

:D Sh*t England you got there in the end!!!!

It now shows the rest of the Cricket world just how evenly matched Australia and England are.

Word of warning to England -

You now have Australia backed into a corner, they MUST win to retain the ashes...They WILL come out fighting at the oval so don't get your hopes up too high.

We in New Zealand know what it's like when we think we have them finished, only to be left standing there agast as they pull off yet another victory snatched from the jaws of enevitable defeat!

Just watch the All Blacks verses the Wallabies this saturday as a probibal example.

They have to step up at least one gear in order to win at the Oval because England have dominated the last three Tests and only just got over the line in two of them.

Still, if it hadn't been for the rain at Old Trafford, it would all be over by now.

I really should have posted about this the other day, so belated congratulations to England's women cricketers who won their Ashes for the first time since 1963 on Saturday with a six wicket win at Worcester to clinch a 1-0 series win.

Even better, it was Arran Brindle from just down the road from me in Louth who hit the winning runs. What a summer this is. Magic!

Interesting news from the announcement of the England squad for the Oval today.

Lancashire fast bowler James Anderson and Durham all-rounder Paul Collingwood have been called into a 13-man squad for the game on Thursday, with Hampshire's Chris Tremlett left out.

The selectors have said that Tremlett isn't in form., but that's hardly his fault when he hasn't had the opportunity to play for his county after being released from four England squads running.

Simon Jones has also been named in the squad despite the ankle injury sustained at Trentbridge.

As for Australia, Glenn McGrath has declared himself fit for the Oval, yet the report I heard this morning suggested he was still suffering some pain in his right arm when he bowled in the nets at Chelmsford this morning.

Big blow for England today as Simon Jones was ruled out of Thursday's final Test because of the ankle injury sustained at Trentbridge.

I would play Paul Collingwood in his place as he is the safer call than James Anderson. Any other thoughts?

I would have gone with Collingwood (even though Anderson is a Lancashire player), but I hear that Anderson is the more in form bowler at the moment so my thoughts are divided.  I guess I would choose Anderson...

51 wickets at an average of 30 for Lancashire doesn't convince me, even though the conditions at the Oval will apparently favour swing bowling.

Well, according to reports Collingwood has been injured by being hit in the face by a ball in practice. Are they delaying cos they aren't sure who to play or will they go with Anderson?  As long as Collingwood isn't crocked by this injury then I don't particularly mind either way!!!  I like both players.  Collingood probably has more in his repertoire as they say as he can bat, bowl and is a good fielder, but Anderson is the more in form bowler according to 'experts'.  I personally feel that the key is in England's bowling attack, but Collingwood could bowl well and score more runs for us so I guess what I am saying is I would be crap as a selector...  

:grinning:

I heard he carried on with the net after some treatment so he'll be fine.

Maybe it bodes well for our cricketers, but seeing as we are doing so well in the cricket and not in the football, do you think that our country's sporting luck has been used up on all the cricket?

Archived