Sponsors Pulling Out?

SkiFreak

I just heard some more sponsors pulled out of supporting the games. Is this true? I heard Coke was one of them.

I know last year the big one was Johnson & Johnson that pulled the plug on their sponsorship of the games.

I did a search, but couldn't find any articles on Google that covered this. So, did anyone else hear anything?

I'm wondering about Coke. It's possible. Last week I ordered the first pin of the 5 pin set that came with the collector card off the iCoke website. That pin set has been on there for a while. and I was expecting the 2nd pin to be released by now, but so far nothing yet. And there's less than 6 months to go. :unsure:

Coke has been a sponsor since 1928 and they have built a lot of their branding around the Olympics. For them to pull out would be a shock. Besides, if sponsors are pulling out, wouldn't it be too late to impact Vancouver? I mean, there would be contracts in place and money exchanged long ago.

The clip I posted in Post #4 above explains it. The sponsors are not pulling out. Coke is still in. The person that told me about it in the first place mixed up their facts a little bit.

What is being effected is the events or stands that the sponsors will have during the games. So what this means it there may not be any Coke pin trading tents at these games. Pin trading of course will still go on, it might just be without the red Coke pin trading tents. It had to do with red-tape and high rents in Vancouver. Watch the clip if it's still on Global.

It's great to be able to host the Olympics, but it is the worst possible time to have them. When will this economic crap end? :(:unsure:

You are right, sponsors are not pulling out of the games because they have already commited to $millions in ads and product designs. Just look at all the Coke and Poweraid bottles. They all have 2010 ads on them. On the other hand they may be cutting back on their corporate tents or displays during the Olympics.

Coke has already signed up through 2020 - and their plans for Vancouver are pretty much set - stated in the paper today that they are not cutting back, rather adding elements to the sponsorship and activation. As far as I know there will be a relatively small pin trading center, but not under the 'red tent' at David Lam Park.

Nick

^ we don't know what is going where yet. But these are the major sites:

Concord Place Exhibition (15,000+ people):

http://www.concordplace.ca/

Live City Yaletown @ David Lam Park (12,000 people)

David_Lam_Park.jpg

23186716_70dbf53f06.jpg

3627359934_fe6a4e353d.jpg

Live City Downtown @ Georgia Street (8,000 people)

Georgia_Street.jpg

The two Live City sites are quite close together (A: Downtown Site; B: Yaletown Site)

whatislivecity_clip_image001.jpg

Those fireboats could be used in case of an explosion inside BC Place
Those water jets won't help the stadium - they are based on the shore, not on boats.

Those boats won't help. Someone needs to call the Hawaii Mars back from California; it could do a flyby over Vancouver and dump a nice load of water on the stadium. ;) Might be an interesting way to extinguish the torch during the closing ceremonies - if the torch is outside.

On a side note, Hawaii's sister, the Philippine Mars is supposed to be in Vancouver harbour in October being used for filming of the new A-Team movie that's coming to theaters.