Tell What You Think

Some possible conclusions of the IOC EC:

CHICAGO - lack of a clear demonstration of financial support; possible political use of the event; although not a great problem, an organized no games movement; good plan; no important legacy.

TOKYO - ful financial support; excelent plan; no important legacy.

RIO DE JANEIRO - most expensive plan, although with strong financial support; good plan; best legacy.

MADRID - good demonstratrion of financial support, excelent plan; no important legacy.

In my opinion EC members are going to try to keep their necks out of this whole situation. They will say what is essential and, much more than is their duty, leave any conclusion to the board.

Political use of the event? What are you talking about?

No Games Chicago will not be mentioned, and I still do not know why they are even considered a factor at all. The group is clearly ignorant and against all Olympics (not just Chicago). They also do not have much support. The only thing going for them is how the media likes to dote over them. I think the biggest factors the IOC considers regarding this point is their support poll numbers.

It's funny how your post for Chicago is... bad, bad, bad, good plan, bad, and how you have Tokyo and Madrid with essentially the same exact points.

Political use of the event? What are you talking about?

No Games Chicago will not be mentioned, and I still do not know why they are even considered a factor at all. The group is clearly ignorant and against all Olympics (not just Chicago). They also do not have much support. The only thing going for them is how the media likes to dote over them. I think the biggest factors the IOC considers regarding this point is their support poll numbers.

It's funny how your post for Chicago is... bad, bad, bad, good plan, bad, and how you have Tokyo and Madrid with essentially the same exact points.

Hey, Soaring Higher, this just MY opinion. This is not the EC report. So, do not be so stressed. Do you really think Chicago needs to show financial guarantees? Or Tokyo? This is a question for Rio and Madrid. And this is not even what I want. I wished everything to be good for Rio. Have you read what I said about Rio? Chicago is the favourite in this race, have no doubt about this.

I'm not stressed. Like I said, I just found your post comical. And, yes Chicago and Tokyo do need to show how they plan on financing the Games - not just Rio and Madrid.

I don't care whether you feel Chicago is the favorite, as I actually think Rio is now the favorite.

Some possible conclusions of the IOC EC:

CHICAGO - lack of a clear demonstration of financial support; possible political use of the event; although not a great problem, an organized no games movement; good plan; no important legacy.

TOKYO - ful financial support; excelent plan; no important legacy.

RIO DE JANEIRO - most expensive plan, although with strong financial support; good plan; best legacy.

MADRID - good demonstratrion of financial support, excelent plan; no important legacy.

In my opinion EC members are going to try to keep their necks out of this whole situation. They will say what is essential and, much more than is their duty, leave any conclusion to the board.

I think you should have said Rio´s the strogest financial support, because this is, in fact, what is going on. But honestly, sayng Chicago has problems with no games, thi is unforgivable. You have to learn more. About legacy, you're right. Btw, I don't think Madrid and Tokyo have excelent plans as you said. Lets see EC report.

Archived