Sparta Prague (CZE)

CFR Cluj (ROU)

group L

Werder Bremen (GER)

Austria Vienna (AUT)

Athletic Bilbao (ESP)

Nacional Funchal (POR)

• 3 months later...

Here’s the draw for the round of 16 in the Champions League, just completed this morning

Stuttgart v Barcelona

Olympiakos v Bordeaux

Inter Milan v Chelsea

Bayern Munich v Fiorentina

CSKA Moscow v Sevilla

Olympique Lyon v Real Madrid

AC Milan v Manchester United

;) Round of 32 in the Europa League

Rubin Kazan v Tel Aviv

Athletic Bilbao v Anderlecht

Copenhagen v Marseille

Panathinaikos v Roma

Atlético Madrid v Galatasaray

Ajax v Juventus

Brugge v Valencia

Fulham v Shaktar Donetsk

Liverpool v Unirea Urziceni

Hamburg v Eindhoven

Villarreal v Wolfsburg

Standard Liège v Salzburg

Twente v Werder Bremen

Lille v Fenerbahçe

Everton v Sporting Lisbon

Hertha v Benfica

• 3 months later...

Round of 16:

Hamburg v Anderlecht 3–1 3–4

Rubin Kazan v Wolfsburg 1–1 1-1 (0-1)

Atlético Madrid v Sporting CP 0–0 2–2

Benfica v Marseille 1–1 2–1

Panathinaikos v Standard Liège 1–3 0–1

Lille v Liverpool 1–0 0–3

Juventus v Fulham 3–1 1–4

Valencia v Werder Bremen 1–1 4–4

Qualified Teams for Quarter Finals

Wolfsburg

Atlético Madrid

Benfica

Fulham

Hamburg

Liverpool

Standard Liège

Valencia

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think a very irresponsible decision by UEFA not to postpone this weeks Europa League games. Of course it's possible for the teams to make the lengthy journey, but it doesn't seem the fans have been considered either - and even if the skies clear over the next 24-48 hours as expected, whether travelling by Ferry, Eurostar or indeed by air, the airlines don't need an extra 5000+ wanting to fly out when they've got so many stranded across the continent first.

They always say sport and politics shouldn't mix, but the fact of life is that sometimes football isn't the most important thing in the world and I think until those stranded are repatriated, governments across Europe should be discouraging non-essential flights in the short term.

• 2 weeks later...

@ engl. GB members

I am not really aware of the english football clubs - I searched for Fulham and found on google maps that it is very close to the stadium of Chelsea - do Fulham and Chelsea share the stadium of Chelsea?

wow Madrid nearly scored just few moments ago!!!

now Fulham with a conter

@ engl. GB members

I am not really aware of the english football clubs - I searched for Fulham and found on google maps that it is very close to the stadium of Chelsea - do Fulham and Chelsea share the stadium of Chelsea?

wow Madrid nearly scored just few moments ago!!!

now Fulham with a conter

English clubs never share stadiums (at least I cant think of one in the top 4 divisions that do). This is because the stadiums are nearly always owned by the clubs. Sometimes they will share the stadium with a Rugby team - but never another Football team. Pride is important I think in this. For instance it makes financial sense for Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield United to share but they don't, likewise the clubs in Bristol and Liverpool. Liverpool and Everton are both struggling to finance new stadiums in Liverpool - pooling together would make financial sense but would never happen - there is too much pride at stake!

Fulham - beautiful little club down by the river Thames. I've been to watch them a couple of times. Small stadium, very friendly fans, never any fan trouble. First ever European final - haven't won anything for years. It really is a dream come true for them.

Fulhams Stadium: http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/europe/united_kingdom/england/london/london_craven.shtml

English clubs never share stadiums (at least I cant think of one in the top 4 divisions that do). This is because the stadiums are nearly always owned by the clubs. Sometimes they will share the stadium with a Rugby team - but never another Football team. Pride is important I think in this. For instance it makes financial sense for Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield United to share but they don't, likewise the clubs in Bristol and Liverpool. Liverpool and Everton are both struggling to finance new stadiums in Liverpool - pooling together would make financial sense but would never happen - there is too much pride at stake!

Fulham - beautiful little club down by the river Thames. I've been to watch them a couple of times. Small stadium, very friendly fans, never any fan trouble. First ever European final - haven't won anything for years. It really is a dream come true for them.

Fulhams Stadium: http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/europe/united_kingdom/england/london/london_craven.shtml

thanks London2012,

what would happen if England was elected for hosting in 2018 or 2022? Which London stadiums will host? Won't the other stadiums very dissapointed?

@ engl. GB members

Fulham have their own little ground on the River, Craven Cottage

Map showing Chelsea's and Fulham's grounds:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=craven+cottage&daddr=Chelsea+Football+Ground,+Fulham+Road,+Fulham,+London+SW6+1HS+(Stamford+Bridge+(football))&hl=en&geocode=FfpxEQMd-pz8_yltlzLJpw92SDFggkjQLq4OHQ%3BCbOqUqajLODGFe-JEQMduBj9_yHzYHsfhWw0yQ&mra=pe&mrcr=0&sll=51.478164,-0.205365&sspn=0.038435,0.077162&ie=UTF8&ll=51.47585,-0.205736&spn=0.019994,0.038581&t=h&z=15&dirflg=d

Fulham--Craven-Cottage-General_1057801.jpg

2929489539_eea9878ccf.jpg

I think three stadiums are being talked about - The Olympic Stadium, Wembley and Arsenal's Emirates Stadium.

That leaves out the Football Stadiums of Chelsea, Tottenham Hotspur, Fulham, West Ham, Charlton, Millwall, Crystal Palace, Queens Park Rangers (apologies to those I've missed out)

Not to mention the 80,000 all seater home of England Rugby - Twickenham.

Check out this site for London stadium info: Worldstadiums

thanks Rob,

that is really close - I wonder what is happening when there are matches between clubs, which are so close to each others? I mean concerning security

Are the premier league matches planned in a way, that e.g. Fulham and Chelsea have never matches in their stadiums at the same day? I mean what would happening when on the same day Fulham plays in their stadium and Chelsea in their stadium - it would be a "disaster" for the underground line which runs through Fulham...

Are the premier league matches planned in a way, that e.g. Fulham and Chelsea have never matches in their stadiums at the same day? I mean what would happening when on the same day Fulham plays in their stadium and Chelsea in their stadium - it would be a "disaster" for the underground line which runs through Fulham...

Yes that is what usually happens regarding clubs close together. eg. Chelsea-Fulham, Liverpool-Everton, Spurs-Arsenal, ManCity-ManUtd etc.

There is a worry next year as we will probably have three London clubs in the Champions League Group Stages. They will not want to have Spurs Arsenal matches on the same night. Also they don't usually like having European (midweek) games on in the same city on the same night. Guess they will have to do this if we have three represntatives through to the group stages.

time is over!!!

1:1

Does Hugh Grant live in Fulham?

Yes that is what usually happens regarding clubs close together. eg. Chelsea-Fulham, Liverpool-Everton, Spurs-Arsenal, ManCity-ManUtd etc.

Would the stadiums of Liverpool/Everton or Mancheter City/Man Utd become stadiums for the WC, if England were selected for 2018/2022?

(I left the London stadiums out, since yo mentioned neither Chelsea, Fulham nor Spurs would become hosts)

Archived