2015 Athletics World Champs

• 2 weeks later...
When Barcelona lost 2013 to Moscow, the possibility to go after for 2015 or 2017 was not ruled out at all. I guess a new bid from Australia should be expected too sooner or later. Maybe Istanbul shoud bid?

there are rumors about it but not sure... though we already built our olympic stadium with 80.000 capacity...

olimpiyat9tc.jpg

tribun1.jpg

olimpiyat_stadyumu.jpg

Istanbul needs as many world champs to boost it's sporting heritage in Olympic related sports. However I have heard the Ataturk Olympic Stadium is out in the middle of nowhere with awful public transport links. One of the 2008 Olympic Bid legacy items was a train line to the stadium that was meant to be built rgardless of whether or not the bid was successful - has that happened?

Istanbul needs as many world champs to boost it's sporting heritage in Olympic related sports. However I have heard the Ataturk Olympic Stadium is out in the middle of nowhere with awful public transport links. One of the 2008 Olympic Bid legacy items was a train line to the stadium that was meant to be built rgardless of whether or not the bid was successful - has that happened?

metro , high way connections already done to the stadium.... just the problem is wind from north :S

now they are working on the paysage of the land...

most of the football fans dontlike this stadium cause its built for athletics but i really love the structure of the stadium wide open fresh and strong architecture...

most of the football fans dontlike this stadium cause its built for athletics but i really love the structure of the stadium wide open fresh and strong architecture...

I guess they feel they are to far from the pitch, right?

It's a beautiful stadium! Do you know how much was spent to build it?

I guess they feel they are to far from the pitch, right?

It's a beautiful stadium! Do you know how much was spent to build it?

u r right. cause it s not a football stadium :)

and its about 135 million USD spend i remember.

and its about 135 million USD spend i remember.

Bloody hell! Only 135 million USD?

We have a lot to learn from you guys...

Only the refurb of the Maracanã stadium costed around 210 million USD for the 2007 PanAm games and the constructions of the 45,000 seat João Havelange stadium around 200 millin USD...

Archived