If You Were An Ioc Member, What City Would You Vote For And Wich Would You Like To Eliminate? (not Basing On Ur Favorite But The Best Bid)

Vote: Rio de Janeiro (stunning venue, as well for the usual ''olympics have never been held on south america .__.'' argument)

Eliminate: Madrid (i dont think is a bad bid but if we speak about the ioc members personal intersts, three sucessive olympics on Europe doesnt seem possible if you ask me...)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vote: Rio de Janeiro (stunning venue, as well for the usual ''olympics have never been held on south america .__.'' argument)

Eliminate: Madrid (i dont think is a bad bid but if we speak about the ioc members personal intersts, three sucessive olympics on Europe doesnt seem possible if you ask me...)

Then it goes back to the argument that IOC should just ask countries from the continent that never had the Olympics or just open the bid for continent-countries other than recent continent that had the olympics.

Again, I would rather change the decision to make the voting as 35% factor then 65% from the technical aspect. Add the 2 then = WINNER. Rather than voting only the factor at the end. This will be more fair than just voting.

I think that Africa wouldn't host the Olympics before South America...

ONLY IF Rio Brazil already recover from the 2 big soprting events in terms of money then you can have tghe olympics else maybe Buenos Aires or other south american cities else 2024 for RIO.

ONLY IF Rio Brazil already recover from the 2 big soprting events in terms of money then you can have tghe olympics else maybe Buenos Aires or other south american cities else 2024 for RIO.

at this moment no South American city except Rio is able to host an Olympics. If not now Rio should still be the first SA hoster, nd Santiago have some chances for a winter Olympic bid.

That is not so. Buenos Aires can also host. Argentina has since recovered from their economic turmoil from several years back. If anything, Buenos Aires is probably better suited than Rio to host. Brazil's resources are going to be spread way thin if chosen, particularly because of the World Cup 2014. Brazil is not the U.S., U.K or even Japan that could handle 2 mega world events back-to-back.

That is not so. Buenos Aires can also host. Argentina has since recovered from their economic turmoil from several years back. If anything, Buenos Aires is probably better suited than Rio to host. Brazil's resources are going to be spread way thin if chosen, particularly because of the World Cup 2014. Brazil is not the U.S., U.K or even Japan that could handle 2 mega world events back-to-back.

Buenos Aires is not bidding now, if it'll bid later there would be stronger cities. Buenos Aires can't prove it's capable of hosting, there hasn't been any major sport event held there lately. Brazil isn't UK US or JP becuz it has a stable economy and haven't had a direct impact with the crisis as those Countries, here in the US everything is closing, idk how this economy is progressing but it's been hard to get a job nd making money. What we all see now is Rios momentum rising Nd it's definately ahead in this race, maybe the favorite, nd more money to invest .

/\ No, but it would have a more dramatic Opening Ceremony with tango. Rio's will be the same old boring Carnavale stuff.

duuude let me tell u, carnaval is never boring. U gotta go there someday, been in Rio in once for the parade, but I liked Bahia better tho it's two completely different parties can't compare. Other places carnaval is boring, St.Patricks Is ok too.

Madrid to be eliminated in first round, after 2012 London, 2014 Sochi, no way 3 in a row in 6 years for Europe.

Chicago has no financial guarantee. IOC members not fond of USA.

If I'm a IOC member:

Between Tokyo and Rio: S. America for the first time . . . . . a new continent, the best for the Olympics movement.

Buenos Aires are not able to host the Brazil v Argentina game for the South American Qualifiers of World Cup in september. They, Argentines, decided it, stating that Buenos Aires has not a single good stadium for the game!!!!

How can they bid for a Olympic Games in the near future?

Man, you guys KNOWS NOTHING about thing above Equator line...

Archived