If You Were An Ioc Member, What City Would You Vote For And Wich Would You Like To Eliminate? (not Basing On Ur Favorite But The Best Bid)

Though I'm Brazilian I really want Rio to win and I Hope it does. But based on my restrictions my vote goes to:

*Chicago!

nd I'd want out :

*Tokyo

let's add up the votes nd choose the Gamesbids winner ?! :)

Chicago:1

Rio : 0

Madrid: 0

Tokyo: 0

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When ever you say "best" bid, that can be completely subjective. I think based on technical attributes I would vote for Tokyo or Madrid. Based on emotion, I would say Rio. Based on the bottom line, and money in IOC pockets with good technical qualities I would say Chicago.

So since there are IOC members who range within these considerations - I would vote for all four!

In saying that, Chicago is a happy medium in my opinion.

When ever you say "best" bid, that can be completely subjective. I think based on technical attributes I would vote for Tokyo or Madrid. Based on emotion, I would say Rio. Based on the bottom line, and money in IOC pockets with good technical qualities I would say Chicago.

So since there are IOC members who range within these considerations - I would vote for all four!

In saying that, Chicago is a happy medium in my opinion.

Every member has their own criterias, judge nd vote by yours.

I truely believe that the IOC is going to start thinking "outside of the box"? Meaning that it is time to venture to the two remaining continents that have yet to host the games (summer or winter) Africa and South America.

Seeing that their isn't a bid from Africa. I believe that Rio (after hosting a very succesfull Pan American Games) can do the job.

Keeping to the post.... I would like to see Chicago eliminated (opening the chance for a Toronto bid for 2020) However, I think that this would be my only reason for eliminating Chicago.

I also think that the bids from Madrid and Tokyo are very worthy.... But the IOC is unlikely to return to Europe after London and not likely to return to Asia after Beijing..... but who knows what they are thinking???? Obviously the bidding team from Madrid must have been told something after the London win? Why would they come back so soon?

Here are my picks in order ... Rio, Madrid, Tokyo, Chicago. (I really hated to put Chicago last, but I think the IOC is looking at a North American bidding war for 2020)

A 2020 North American bidding war?

Would the IOC pick North America if Rio were to win 2016? That would remain to be seen, since the IOC views North & South America as one. So they're most likely not even thinking that. They're most likely looking at a Euro war for 2020.

Though I'm Brazilian I really want Rio to win and I Hope it does. But based on my restrictions my vote goes to:

I thought you were Bostonian...

I'd go for Tokyo but since I'm Brazilian add one more point for Rio de Janeiro

those born in another country with Brazilian parents needs dual citizenship. Idk bout other places but that's how Brazil-Usa rules are.

those born in another country with Brazilian parents needs dual citizenship. Idk bout other places but that's how Brazil-Usa rules are.

oops a lil contradiction, that's in all countries..

Rio is simply not ready. China spent 50+ billion on their games, and we don't need another country doing such so soon again. If anyone thinks that Brazil can manage to pull everything together by host two major events so close together, and seamlessly taking control of 50 billion dollars and making everything work is crazy.

I support Rio, but not for 2016. They will most definitely bid again, and I feel that they should wait until after the 2014 World Cup. It would give them more time to prepare and be ready.

Chicago's plan seems good, and they are fully capable of hosting. I vote Chicago.

Rio is simply not ready. China spent 50+ billion on their games, and we don't need another country doing such so soon again. If anyone thinks that Brazil can manage to pull everything together by host two major events so close together, and seamlessly taking control of 50 billion dollars and making everything work is crazy.

I support Rio, but not for 2016. They will most definitely bid again, and I feel that they should wait until after the 2014 World Cup. It would give them more time to prepare and be ready.

Chicago's plan seems good, and they are fully capable of hosting. I vote Chicago.

Yes my friend, we don't need another country doing such so soon again. The investment of Brazil for reforms for the games in Rio is 14 billion not 50 billion. An realistic and sufficient investment. :)

A kiss from Brazil for you

Though I'm Brazilian I really want Rio to win and I Hope it does.

I think he does not speak the truth. I have the impression that he is in Sao Paulo but once he said that is not Brazilian. <_<

I think he does not speak the truth. I have the impression that he is in Sao Paulo but once he said that is not Brazilian. <_<

nd what do u have to do with it? Stop talking shhit bout ppl when u don't know a thing. Nd I really believe u came from HHell, in the same you say from ur from Rio I don't have to blv it, but this is not regarding to me, so I don't care where u from. u shud search a lil about the constitution.

Archived